I was at a Samsung Experience Store last week and noticed that one of their Notes was missing the S Pen. When I asked about it, the employee told me that it had broken when they were trying to add the security tags to it and that, currently, they don't have any replacements for the new S Pen, and they weren't sure they'd have them by the 23rd when they Note is officially released.

Additionally, the mentioned that the word they've heard so far is that the new S Pen will be much more expensive, something like 4 times as expensive (so around $100) as the S Pens for the previous Notes.

Just thought some here might be interested.
    08-19-2019 10:56 AM
    I was at a Samsung Experience Store last week and noticed that one of their Notes was missing the S Pen. When I asked about it, the employee told me that it had broken when they were trying to add the security tags to it and that, currently, they don't have any replacements for the new S Pen, and they weren't sure they'd have them by the 23rd when they Note is officially released.

Additionally, the mentioned that the word they've heard so far is that the new S Pen will be much more expensive, something like 4 times as expensive (so around $100) as the S Pens for the previous Notes.

They have them listed on Samsung's site for 29.99. They're not available for purchase, but I don't think that price is too unreasonable.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=7WkAjjZp
    EMGSM and WinTheDay like this.
    08-19-2019 11:23 AM
    They have them listed on Samsung's site for 29.99. They're not available for purchase, but I don't think that price is too unreasonable.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=gVABOoEv
    No, it appears it may be one of those bad "rumors" that retail is known for. Hopefully nothing changes when they actually start selling them.
    08-19-2019 11:38 AM
    I broke a couple over the years and Samsung has replaced them for free
    08-19-2019 02:59 PM

I doubt it was broken, most likely it was pulled to keep from getting stolen. the clerk just did not want to get it out or was told not to get it for customers.
    08-20-2019 12:41 PM
    I doubt it was broken, most likely it was pulled to keep from getting stolen. the clerk just did not want to get it out or was told not to get it for customers.
    The person I talked to claimed he broke it. He was using the phone for a presentation and otherwise the phone was kept in back -- the phone wasn't out on display for customers. He had a Note 10 and a 10 Plus but someone depleted the batteries but didn't charge them the night before, so he was trying to use the phone where the S Pen was broken because it had a higher charge (just above 10%).
    08-20-2019 04:02 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=T1gQf9Y1
    Certainly pretty damn reasonable compared to an Apple Pencil!
    08-21-2019 09:29 AM