09-02-2019 06:49 AM
137 ... 3456
tools
    It is definitely not the biggest jump when they practically eliminated the headphone jack, didnt give us the 855+ snapdragon, different alignment for the power button and a meager upgrade on the camera....Now I'm not telling any person how they should spend their loot all I'm saying is its not the biggest jump as far as an upgrade it feels more like a update!
    I think it depends on what phone a person is moving from to the Note 10 phones.

Personally I've moved from a Note 9 so the Note 10+ 5G is an incremental update for me.

However I'm very happy with it..
    otis stansberry and j_hansen like this.
    08-25-2019 01:24 PM
    As always, a note is more than the sum of its parts. I came from a n9 as my daily driver.

Great upgrade and will work well getting abused every day. Wouldn't want to go back to my 9 as a daily now.

She is fast and pretty.
    I think it depends on what phone a person is moving from to the Note 10 phones.

Personally I've moved from a Note 9 so the Note 10+ 5G is an incremental update for me.

However I'm very happy with it..
    08-25-2019 01:45 PM
    At the Sprint Store yesterday I traded my Note 9 (Very good phone, loved it) for the Note 10+

I had the Note 9 out of the case and hand weighed both phones and I was able to easily detect that the N10+ was much lighter and while they were on the table transfering my files to the new N10+ side by side you could see that the new phone was thinner as well.

I highly recommend peeps with a new N10 or N10+ watch this video.
    50+ Note 10 Customize tips

Same guy had the same type video for the N9 I watched a year ago.

Impressions:
    I got the Aura and while I know I need a case (Sammy makes some slippery phones when they are naked) man that Aura back looks awesome. So I might be in the market for a clear case.

I have played with the new toys like 3d scanning and AR doodle. Fun, will play with them more.

The N9 has a great screen but the N10+ just down right pops out at you. Corner to corner and I have to say the front camera hole does not bother me. I happened to have all the Band of Brothers on my SD card so I watched a few minutes and the upgrade in speakers really showed and again the screen on the N10+ just looks amazing.

I have missed having the fingerprint sensor in the front......its back baby and it is working great!

Sammy Sense UI seems snappy no complaints. I have a set of over the ear (I never liked ear buds) BT headphones so I am not concerned with the lack of a headphone jack.

I will have to get used to the power button being moved. I have caught myself several times pressing the imaginary button on the right. The good news, the button is easily programmable. I figure that within a week I will forget about the button move.

Still setting the phone up the way I want. But so far 1st impressions is....

"I will enjoy this phone as much as I enjoyed the Note 9"
    Thanks for this! This will be my first Note device... infact my first time being in the Samsung ecosystem lol. I'm coming from Google. I'm so used to stock Android. This will be a new experience. Samsung UI has improved and come a long way but I still prefer the Pixel UI. Anyway, I'm going to have some fun tweaking and putting themes on this. Can't wait.
    08-25-2019 04:11 PM
    Thanks for this! This will be my first Note device... infact my first time being in the Samsung ecosystem lol. I'm coming from Google. I'm so used to stock Android. This will be a new experience. Samsung UI has improved and come a long way but I still prefer the Pixel UI. Anyway, I'm going to have some fun tweaking and putting themes on this. Can't wait.
    Both UI's are almost the same IMO.
    08-25-2019 04:31 PM
    It's been 3 days so I don't know if this counts as initial thoughts, but the Aura Glow is not like anything I've ever had before. I love it and can't stop looking at it
    08-25-2019 08:03 PM
    Both UI's are almost the same IMO.
    The same as in what?
    08-25-2019 08:18 PM
    The same as in what?
    Very few differences both very fluid I can use either one don't matter to me.
    Orion78 likes this.
    08-25-2019 08:21 PM
    Very few differences both very fluid I can use either one don't matter to me.
    Oh ok got ya. Visually I still prefer Pixel software but One UI has gotten better and yes more fluid...which is why I'm getting the Note 10+. Totally agree with that.
    08-25-2019 08:25 PM
    Android has come a long way no more lag updates coming quicker etc. Android is very stable anymore Google has done a great job with the pixel and Samsung is not far behind Google. I had Android Q in my pixel and the changes are minor and just add improvement every year.
    08-25-2019 08:29 PM
    Android has come a long way no more lag updates coming quicker etc. Android is very stable anymore Google has done a great job with the pixel and Samsung is not far behind Google. I had Android Q in my pixel and the changes are minor and just add improvement every year.
    Yeah I still have my Pixel 2 XL. Going to keep that as a backup. How are Samsung's updates on the security side of things?
    08-25-2019 08:42 PM
    I think the mistake that most people are making is thinking the Note 10+ will be a big step up from the S10+. Or the Note series being a major step up from the S series. I don't think its suppose to be and historically it has never been.

The Note 10 is a sizable upgrade from the Note 9. It's a much larger upgrade than the Note 9 was to the Note 8.

I've had all three. I've had a lot of Note phones.

The Note 9 was touted as "The super powerful Note." They touted the all day battery, the camera shutter button in the spen, the new spot for the finger print scanner and the scene optimizer. That's all I can think off at the moment. The front and the back was identical, the feel of the phone was identical. The cameras were identical. They both had Samsung Experience on it as well, before One UI. Now the Note 8 did only have a mono speaker and the 9 had stereo speakers.

The Note 10 feels different, looks different. Better craftmanship. Wide angle camera vs the dual camera on the Note 9. Faster charging, longer lasting battery, better looking spen which is subjective of course. Lighter phone and a lighter spen and a more feature packed spen. Also a wireless charging for your headphones and smartwatch.

It may not be a big upgrade to you but it's one of the biggest jumps for a new generation Note.
    Plus, kind of along the lines of what you were saying, subsequent phone iterations aren't always full of super-new/impressive features. The Note 10 definitely looks like an improvement on paper. But yeah, the 8 to the 10 would be a justifiable jump as well. It's also about what you yourself consider to be "improvements" from previous iterations.
    Chris Williams8 likes this.
    08-25-2019 08:42 PM
    Yeah I still have my Pixel 2 XL. Going to keep that as a backup. How are Samsung's updates on the security side of things?
    Monthly security updates are consistent.
    Orion78 likes this.
    08-25-2019 08:49 PM
    Monthly security updates are consistent.
    Cool thanks.
    08-25-2019 08:53 PM
    After 3 days' of using my 256GB Aura Black (yes, I opted for black as the aura glow looked excessively fashionable phone for me) I'm in love with the phone like nothing ever. Completely agree to many in the forum that it ain't an upgrade for the existing S10+ users but we in India (E9820) were having an average performing battery backup in the S10+ compared to US(SD855) version, so the new chipset in Note10+(E9825) seems to be performing well than the S10+ at least in the battery department. For me, this is a complete different phone when compared to N9 especially in the looks department. The moment I hold the phone it feels super nice & comfortable when you compare it's weight, ergonomics and a more premium build quality. The screen is more nicer, the cameras (software & hardware) are surely better, performance is snappier, etc. so on every aspect this is a good update, as it should be compared to a 1 year old phone but ain't an upgrade that would compel everyone to buy it over the N9. But for any older Note user (like N8, N5, etc.) this is a huge huge upgrade for sure. For me, I'm super happy with the phone and don't regret at all for trading my Note9.
    08-25-2019 11:41 PM
    I'ts not about turning the phone off. It's about turning the screen off. I literally hit the power button to turn the screen on/off dozens of times per day.
    Same actually. But I changed the button and it's fine now.
    08-26-2019 07:01 AM
    It's been 3 days so I don't know if this counts as initial thoughts, but the Aura Glow is not like anything I've ever had before. I love it and can't stop looking at it
    Kinda the same for me with Aura Blue, however it's not as dramatic.
    kj11 likes this.
    08-29-2019 07:34 PM
    Kinda the same for me with Aura Blue, however it's not as dramatic.
    You were drooling when you received it
    08-29-2019 07:36 PM
    You were drooling when you received it
    I don't think you understood my post.
    08-29-2019 09:55 PM
    I don't think you understood his post.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-29-2019 10:20 PM
    Probably
    08-29-2019 10:30 PM