Initial thoughts

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
First thoughts..

The switch from the Note 9 to this 10 plus will take some getting used to. The power button on the opposite side and the fingerprint scanner no longer on the back. But it's lovely so far and no complaints.

silkyms3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally think I'm gonna send mine back. For me it's not an upgrade over my Note 9. It is extremely similar with some downsides; the move of the power button, the garbage fingerprint sensor and the loss of the ability to unlock with the home button mostly. The only upgrade for me personally is the addition of the reverse wireless charging.

Mine's going back today for the same reasons. Plus loss of headphone jack probably requires a dongle that has DAC, passive ones I tried were junk.

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
You can zoom out to fill the video full screen, by the way FYI it's the same behavior on S10+ in terms of symmetry because of the aspect ratio of the new Samsung infinity display starting with S10. If you don't like it on Note 10 then you won't on S10+ as well.

Yes, I just saw that, another user said we could do it, and it just so happens, I knew exactly where to go, thanks!! :). I didn't know that about the S10 +. Glad that I didn't trade my note 9 in.

otis stansberry

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The problem is its not the fact that the Note 10+ is not a good phone it simply doesn't jump off the screen as a serious upgrade..No way this phone should be $1100 dollars its simply not worth it period...What did it for me was the no headphone jack and a minimal upgrade from the note 9 and S10+

Definitely overpriced and underwhelming..

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
You do realize that you can do the one move unlock with the n10 too right?

did not know for sure. just had not played around with it much yet to find out :) learning a bit at a time. had to do a google search early this morning to figure out how to do a screen print for a post. that is different too.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to see others who are not all doe eyed and giddy.
Studies have shown that after spending your hard earned money some people are more satisfied because in their mind they have to justify the purchase.

I like my note 10+ sure, but it is not "amazing", it isn't a huge upgrade over my note 8, and had I gone to purchase it at the store as I did with the note 9 I probably would have left without it, as I did with the note 9.

The hole punch was my main concern before deciding to pre-order (only the 2nd time I've ever done that), but I honestly don't even notice it, and no, I am not hiding it with settings or wallpaper.

I like the wide angle shot, though it pushes objects farther away to obtain that view.

The fingerprint sensor is definitely in a more convenient place for me than the note 8, but it does not work as well.

I haven't tried any of the s pen gimmick features, nor do I plan to try them.

The stereo speakers sound nice.

I've stated many times that I have never used the headphone jack in any phone, so unsurprisingly I do not miss it.

I deleted, not disabled, the preinstalled FB, games, spotify, etc. As many of you recall there was a time when that couldn't be done without root.

There are fewer signal bars than on previous phones, though I have not noticed any negatives from that thus far.

The powershare feature works fine as long as any case on either device isn't too thick.

I have applied a screen protector and have lost no sensitivity as far as I can tell. I know some will look back on my comment about the fingerprint sensor and I assure you that it was not as fast as the one on the note 8 prior to applying the screen protector.

Battery life, I don't concern myself with that due to how easy it is to charge a phone, so no comment.

The weight of the phone even with a bulkier case is lighter than the note 8, not that the note 8 or any phone is heavy.

The speed of the new filesystem is faster. Moving files from my sdcard to the internal storage was definitely faster than my note 8.

I noticed that on my wife's S9 Samsung messages has the enhanced chat features, the note 10 does not even though the app is a newer version.
Also, I experienced a glitch in the matrix last night when i was able to activate the chat features in the Google messages app, the 5 minutes later it was gone.

eyedoc2020

May 1, 2017
Visit site
The problem is its not the fact that the Note 10+ is not a good phone it simply doesn't jump off the screen as a serious upgrade..No way this phone should be $1100 dollars its simply not worth it period...What did it for me was the no headphone jack and a minimal upgrade from the note 9 and S10+

Were you expecting to be overwhelmed when coming from an S10+? Most people said it was basically the same phone with the addition of an S-Pen...

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
At the Sprint Store yesterday I traded my Note 9 (Very good phone, loved it) for the Note 10+

I had the Note 9 out of the case and hand weighed both phones and I was able to easily detect that the N10+ was much lighter and while they were on the table transfering my files to the new N10+ side by side you could see that the new phone was thinner as well.

I highly recommend peeps with a new N10 or N10+ watch this video.
https://youtu.be/TGDr57E3_fI 50+ Note 10 Customize tips

Same guy had the same type video for the N9 I watched a year ago.

Impressions:
I got the Aura and while I know I need a case (Sammy makes some slippery phones when they are naked) man that Aura back looks awesome. So I might be in the market for a clear case.

I have played with the new toys like 3d scanning and AR doodle. Fun, will play with them more.

The N9 has a great screen but the N10+ just down right pops out at you. Corner to corner and I have to say the front camera hole does not bother me. I happened to have all the Band of Brothers on my SD card so I watched a few minutes and the upgrade in speakers really showed and again the screen on the N10+ just looks amazing.

I have missed having the fingerprint sensor in the front......its back baby and it is working great!

Sammy Sense UI seems snappy no complaints. I have a set of over the ear (I never liked ear buds) BT headphones so I am not concerned with the lack of a headphone jack.

I will have to get used to the power button being moved. I have caught myself several times pressing the imaginary button on the right. The good news, the button is easily programmable. I figure that within a week I will forget about the button move.

Still setting the phone up the way I want. But so far 1st impressions is....

"I will enjoy this phone as much as I enjoyed the Note 9"

Last edited:

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I got my Note 10+ 4G yesterday.
Just noted something weired.
When I take a call ( normall call or WhatsApp), a small area right to the front selfie camera slightly flickers, untill the call stops.
I'm wondering whether this is fault.
Anyone else noted this?
It's just the proximity sensor. When on a call, if you cover it up with you finger, it will turn the screen off.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
The N8 had a weak battery due to the N7 fiasco. When I upgraded from the N8 to the N9 the difference in battery was very noticeable. With you going from the N8 to the N10 it should be a huge improvement.

I have had zero issue with the fingerprint sensor and I am so happy having back on the front of the phone. I have not put a screen protector on my last 4 Note's. I have a case to protect the corners but I don't like the "feel" of the protectors. I have been able to turn in my previous device without a scratch on the screen as I did yesterday with my N9. It went into my hip pocket every day along with the car keys.

Enjoy the battery life!

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

At the moment loving it especially the battery life and the s-pen.

still need plenty of time to adjust to the device because of the features

Writing this with spen as I speak😀

Chris Williams8

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

I think the mistake that most people are making is thinking the Note 10+ will be a big step up from the S10+. Or the Note series being a major step up from the S series. I don't think its suppose to be and historically it has never been.

The Note 10 is a sizable upgrade from the Note 9. It's a much larger upgrade than the Note 9 was to the Note 8.

I've had all three. I've had a lot of Note phones.

The Note 9 was touted as "The super powerful Note." They touted the all day battery, the camera shutter button in the spen, the new spot for the finger print scanner and the scene optimizer. That's all I can think off at the moment. The front and the back was identical, the feel of the phone was identical. The cameras were identical. They both had Samsung Experience on it as well, before One UI. Now the Note 8 did only have a mono speaker and the 9 had stereo speakers.

The Note 10 feels different, looks different. Better craftmanship. Wide angle camera vs the dual camera on the Note 9. Faster charging, longer lasting battery, better looking spen which is subjective of course. Lighter phone and a lighter spen and a more feature packed spen. Also a wireless charging for your headphones and smartwatch.

It may not be a big upgrade to you but it's one of the biggest jumps for a new generation Note.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I love mine. Sure it's very similar to the note 9 but I absolutely love the smaller size without losing very much screen size. So far my better seems to be about the same as my 9

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Were you expecting to be overwhelmed when coming from an S10+? Most people said it was basically the same phone with the addition of an S-Pen...
My thoughts exactly. I keep seeing all these people who purchase the S series and then the new Note and I go "Why??". I go from Note to Note and my impression of this phone is that it is a definite upgrade. Going from the S10/S10+ to the Note 10/10+ is always going to be "Meh" because you are essentially buying an S-Pen. Next year can I suggest you save some money and purchase one or the other.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
All these comments from folks coming form s10+ "they are not impressed". LOL. well WTH were you expecting? Lol
My thoughts exactly. I keep seeing all these people who purchase the S series and then the new Note and I go "Why??". I go from Note to Note and my impression of this phone is that it is a definite upgrade. Going from the S10/S10+ to the Note 10/10+ is always going to be "Meh" because you are essentially buying an S-Pen. Next year can I suggest you save some money and purchase one or the other.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I think the mistake that most people are making is thinking the Note 10+ will be a big step up from the S10+. Or the Note series being a major step up from the S series. I don't think its suppose to be and historically it has never been.

The Note 10 is a sizable upgrade from the Note 9. It's a much larger upgrade than the Note 9 was to the Note 8.

I've had all three. I've had a lot of Note phones.

The Note 9 was touted as "The super powerful Note." They touted the all day battery, the camera shutter button in the spen, the new spot for the finger print scanner and the scene optimizer. That's all I can think off at the moment. The front and the back was identical, the feel of the phone was identical. The cameras were identical. They both had Samsung Experience on it as well, before One UI. Now the Note 8 did only have a mono speaker and the 9 had stereo speakers.

The Note 10 feels different, looks different. Better craftmanship. Wide angle camera vs the dual camera on the Note 9. Faster charging, longer lasting battery, better looking spen which is subjective of course. Lighter phone and a lighter spen and a more feature packed spen. Also a wireless charging for your headphones and smartwatch.

It may not be a big upgrade to you but it's one of the biggest jumps for a new generation Note.

I agree, couldn't have put it better.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All these comments from folks coming form s10+ "they are not impressed". LOL. well WTH were you expecting? Lol
Agreed. Some of these people crack me up. What do people think is going to happen to blow them away in 6 months time. Heck, even coming from the Note 9, I didn't expect to be blown away. I still have my Note 8 and it's not a "OMG!" difference from that. I upgrade my Note every year because I appreciate the tweaks that are made.

I think some people don't even know what they want or expect, to be honest.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Agreed. Some of these people crack me up. What do people think is going to happen to blow them away in 6 months time. Heck, even coming from the Note 9, I didn't expect to be blown away. I still have my Note 8 and it's not a "OMG!" difference from that. I upgrade my Note every year because I appreciate the tweaks that are made.

I think some people don't even know what they want or expect, to be honest.
Yeah true , but the Note 10 screen and very small bezel blew me away from already small on the S10+, and to top it off with that box look .

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah true , but the Note 10 screen and very small bezel blew me away from already small on the S10+, and to top it off with that box look .
I agree. I am very happy with the upgrade, but I have been such a fan of the Note, and Samsung in general, for so long I guess I take my own excitement with a grain of salt. Lol.

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Well imagine coming from the Note 9. The shrinking of the bezels are dramatic in comparison. Add to that dated look of the camera setup on the back of the Note 9 compared to the beauty of the 10+. That's just the aesthetics and not even going into the hardware and software improvements. The point is people need to temper their expectations if coming from a device Samsung introduced 6 months ago.