Initial thoughts

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It's been 3 days so I don't know if this counts as initial thoughts, but the Aura Glow is not like anything I've ever had before. I love it and can't stop looking at it

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Very few differences both very fluid I can use either one don't matter to me.

Oh ok got ya. Visually I still prefer Pixel software but One UI has gotten better and yes more fluid...which is why I'm getting the Note 10+. Totally agree with that.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Android has come a long way no more lag updates coming quicker etc. Android is very stable anymore Google has done a great job with the pixel and Samsung is not far behind Google. I had Android Q in my pixel and the changes are minor and just add improvement every year.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Android has come a long way no more lag updates coming quicker etc. Android is very stable anymore Google has done a great job with the pixel and Samsung is not far behind Google. I had Android Q in my pixel and the changes are minor and just add improvement every year.

Yeah I still have my Pixel 2 XL. Going to keep that as a backup. How are Samsung's updates on the security side of things?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the mistake that most people are making is thinking the Note 10+ will be a big step up from the S10+. Or the Note series being a major step up from the S series. I don't think its suppose to be and historically it has never been.

The Note 10 is a sizable upgrade from the Note 9. It's a much larger upgrade than the Note 9 was to the Note 8.

I've had all three. I've had a lot of Note phones.

The Note 9 was touted as "The super powerful Note." They touted the all day battery, the camera shutter button in the spen, the new spot for the finger print scanner and the scene optimizer. That's all I can think off at the moment. The front and the back was identical, the feel of the phone was identical. The cameras were identical. They both had Samsung Experience on it as well, before One UI. Now the Note 8 did only have a mono speaker and the 9 had stereo speakers.

The Note 10 feels different, looks different. Better craftmanship. Wide angle camera vs the dual camera on the Note 9. Faster charging, longer lasting battery, better looking spen which is subjective of course. Lighter phone and a lighter spen and a more feature packed spen. Also a wireless charging for your headphones and smartwatch.

It may not be a big upgrade to you but it's one of the biggest jumps for a new generation Note.

Plus, kind of along the lines of what you were saying, subsequent phone iterations aren't always full of super-new/impressive features. The Note 10 definitely looks like an improvement on paper. But yeah, the 8 to the 10 would be a justifiable jump as well. It's also about what you yourself consider to be "improvements" from previous iterations. :)

venkat_31

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
After 3 days' of using my 256GB Aura Black (yes, I opted for black as the aura glow looked excessively fashionable phone for me) I'm in love with the phone like nothing ever. Completely agree to many in the forum that it ain't an upgrade for the existing S10+ users but we in India (E9820) were having an average performing battery backup in the S10+ compared to US(SD855) version, so the new chipset in Note10+(E9825) seems to be performing well than the S10+ at least in the battery department. For me, this is a complete different phone when compared to N9 especially in the looks department. The moment I hold the phone it feels super nice & comfortable when you compare it's weight, ergonomics and a more premium build quality. The screen is more nicer, the cameras (software & hardware) are surely better, performance is snappier, etc. so on every aspect this is a good update, as it should be compared to a 1 year old phone but ain't an upgrade that would compel everyone to buy it over the N9. But for any older Note user (like N8, N5, etc.) this is a huge huge upgrade for sure. For me, I'm super happy with the phone and don't regret at all for trading my Note9.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's been 3 days so I don't know if this counts as initial thoughts, but the Aura Glow is not like anything I've ever had before. I love it and can't stop looking at it
Kinda the same for me with Aura Blue, however it's not as dramatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams