No 3D scanning app

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I feel dumb haha Yeah, if I open the Apps section from Bixby Vision, no 3D Scanner there. But then I saw someone post the Galaxy Apps screenshot. Duh! You can install from there, and then it shows up. Thanks!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I feel dumb haha Yeah, if I open the Apps section from Bixby Vision, no 3D Scanner there. But then I saw someone post the Galaxy Apps screenshot. Duh! You can install from there, and then it shows up. Thanks!
How does one get to Galaxy apps? I'm not seeing it anywhere

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just open your App Drawer, find "Galaxy Store" and search for "3D Scanner". Worked for me, T-Mobile Note+ (Goes without saying that this will only show on the Plus model.) Screenshot_20190823-103627_Galaxy Store.jpg

PS: Not sure if it makes a difference, but I searched for this AFTER the new software update.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
This morning, it finally appeared for me in the Galaxy Store and I downloaded it successfully.

I've seen it happen before that when an app first arrives in the store, I can't see it listed until the following day. I've no idea why.

zigaliro

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Well im disappointed with the 3d scanning. I tried to scan some people and objects and every single scan ended in disaster lol. At least I was able to have a laugh at how terrible the people got scanned.

tbbiggs

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Well im disappointed with the 3d scanning. I tried to scan some people and objects and every single scan ended in disaster lol. At least I was able to have a laugh at how terrible the people got scanned.
I'm wondering how much difference a really well controlled environment would make. Although it's really just a guess, I feel like distracting backgrounds are likely the biggest causes for failure. I'm considering rigging up a 360° rail system to optimize the output.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It finally showed up in the store, but this app needs some help.

The wife had some nail polish out on the counter, so just tried scanning it. I really should have saved what it made, because you all would have gotten a good laugh out of it. What it produced literally looked like a turd. Brown, same shape, you name it. I couldn't have scanned a turd, and had it look more like a turd!

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
It finally showed up in the store, but this app needs some help.

The wife had some nail polish out on the counter, so just tried scanning it. I really should have saved what it made, because you all would have gotten a good laugh out of it. What it produced literally looked like a turd. Brown, same shape, you name it. I couldn't have scanned a turd, and had it look more like a turd!
It was always there, open the camera, select bixby vision on the top left, tap "apps" in the middle, there it is.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It was always there, open the camera, select bixby vision on the top left, tap "apps" in the middle, there it is.

Nope. To some of us it didn't appear at launch, and as you can see from the thread, even when it was appearing for some that didn't have it, it still wasn't there for others. So I'm guessing this was a staged rollout.