Samsung Rugged Case is cheap and flimsy

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So I ordered the Samsung Rugged case and it just came with the phone.

Anyway, not impressed. Not nearly as good as the Note 9. Very thin and certainly not worth 40 bucks!

When I get home and play with my phone after work it will go straight into the Unicorn Beetle pro.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine just came and it is definitely not cheap & flimsy.
Feels very high quality and IMO is well worth the $40.00

The back part is outstanding the material and kickstand. However the sides and lip stink. Thinner than the Note 9. I prefer some girth to my cases so Supcase and Defender styles are my go to. I liek the Artek cases too. I will order an Armidillotek case and maybe the Poetic one with a kickstand too.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The back part is outstanding the material and kickstand. However the sides and lip stink. Thinner than the Note 9. I prefer some girth to my cases so Supcase and Defender styles are my go to. I liek the Artek cases too. I will order an Armidillotek case and maybe the Poetic one with a kickstand too.

I think the sides and chins on the case are thinner due to the bezels on the Note 10, the Note 9 obviously had more bezel so more wrap around to the sides/top/bottom.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The rugged case was one of my favorites on the Note 9 so I ordered one for my new 10+. This thread has me worried. Hope it's just as good as I expect it to be.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The rugged case was one of my favorites on the Note 9 so I ordered one for my new 10+. This thread has me worried. Hope it's just as good as I expect it to be.

I have the case here waiting to put on my Note 10+ tomorrow when it arrives but like I say it won't be as deep as the Note 9 case because of the very slight bezels on the Note 10, if it were as deep, it would be covering part of the screen also.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I dont know about cheap. The Samsung rugged case is way better than the $59 UAG Monarch. The monarch feels flimsy compared to it. I have both and just packed up and about to return the Monarch. This by far is my favorite rugged case. Plus getting it free was an added bonus.

Attachments

• 20190822_141432.jpg
    20190822_141432.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 50

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Got my rugged case on my Note 10. Very impressed with the fit and quality. I was going to order two other cases just to have around, but after getting this case, I'm sticking with the rugged case. Feels good in the hands and not too heavy. I would highly recommend it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I dont know about cheap. The Samsung rugged case is way better than the $59 UAG Monarch. The monarch feels flimsy compared to it. I have both and just packed up and about to return the Monarch. This by far is my favorite rugged case. Plus getting it free was an added bonus.

I just got both cases myself and the power/volume buttons on the Monarch case are thin, flimsy and almost flush with the sides. I'll have to see how it is when my phone arrives tomorrow. No complaints at all with the rugged case. I got the silver but might have liked the black better.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got this case as an afterthought, cause I had money left on my preorder and nothing else I wanted. but now I love it. its extremely thin, which is good for a phone of this size. I had ordered a clear case, but it ended up being thicker than this "rugged"case.

I agree, I wish they made a clear one. or at least different colors.

DrRafaelPenguin

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I ordered this case today from Verizon since it was only $30. Does anyone know if the Whitestone screen protector will work with it? If not I will probably return the case.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I love this case for my Note 9. And, once I purchase my Note 10+, I'd like the same case.

However, from time to time on the wireless charger, it doesn't always sit well (standing).
Curious if anyone else has any issues with wireless charging?

I suppose it depends on which charger but I use the Anker wireless charger and it works fine with the Protective standing cover.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I love this case for my Note 9. And, once I purchase my Note 10+, I'd like the same case.

However, from time to time on the wireless charger, it doesn't always sit well (standing).

Never had a problem with the samsung wireless pads.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

I am. I have the Samsung wireless charger that converts from standing to flat and the only way I can keep this charging is to have it laying down and even then I have to be precise with where I put it. BUT, I do love the case. Had one on my note 8 and on note 9. This one feels the best to me.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

Don't worry, try it out. I got one yesterday, love it. Back material is awesome. I really like the sides and how constructed. Feels great and looks awesome.
Probably not as protective as some of the Otterbox's, but still really nice case.

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a big fan of the Armadillotek cases. They are just as durable and rugged as this high priced cases for 20 bucks. Great cases, Great company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12