Unlocked Verizon. Visual VM works, but where is HD voice?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I would check phone settings then connection under data or in phone dialer settings.
I appreciate it, but I had already tried that, and didn't see it. I tried again just to make sure, but I don't see the setting. I don't see advanced calling or HD Voice at all

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I appreciate it, but I had already tried that, and didn't see it. I tried again just to make sure, but I don't see the setting. I don't see advanced calling or HD Voice at all
How about when you make a call do you see HD anywhere?
I know my TMobile and Att S10+ and note 9 say it as making calls but nothing in settings
Your welcome. Maybe the carriers changing this

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
How about when you make a call do you see HD anywhere?
I know my TMobile and Att S10+ and note 9 say it as making calls but nothing in settings
Your welcome. Maybe the carriers changing this
I tried calling my wife's phone. She's on Verizon with a Note 8 that has HD voice, but my phone didn't indicate that it was an HD call. It just dawned on me that I should do another test call and see if hers shows it is an HD call

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah see if it does
I tried calling my wife's phone. She's on Verizon with a Note 8 that has HD voice, but my phone didn't indicate that it was an HD call. It just dawned on me that I should do another test call and see if hers shows it is an HD call

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Check and see if you are provisioned for it. It may have dropped off your account when you switched phones.
But if it wasn't provisioned on my phone, why does it show on her phone that we have an HD+ call?

All I did when I got the Note 10+, was to put the sim card from my Verizon Note 9 in it

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But if it wasn't provisioned on my phone, why does it show on her phone that we have an HD+ call?

All I did when I got the Note 10+, was to put the sum card from my Verizon Note 9 in it
Her note 8 was already provision on it , you went to another device so probably still provision for your other phone .

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Her note 8 was already provision on it , you went to another device so probably still provision for your other phone .
Right, but if she was called by someone that had a non HD voice device, wouldn't it no longer display HD+ during that call? In other words, if she called a land-line number with her phone, it would no longer show HD+ on her display for that call

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right, but if she was called by someone that had a non HD voice device, wouldn't it no longer display HD+ during that call? In other words, if she called a land-line number with her phone, it would no longer show HD+ on her display for that call

That's just the software on her phone since it sounds like she has a Verizon branded device.

It's just a symbol in software. If you have HD voice on your line it will use it even if your phone displays it or not.

Also yes you won't see "advanced calling" in your options because you bought unlocked. Only Verizon calls it "advanced calling" .. only carriers in the US make a big deal on this.. everywhere else it's simply VoLTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21