6-8 weeks for the Samsung promotion?!

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Was approved almost instantly for the Samsung $150 promotion, but when i received the email to check my status it says delivered in 6-8 weeks. That's pretty ridiculous if that's the case. Those who pre-ordered with Samsung got instant credit. Was hoping to order some goods, but apparently carrier pre-orders are getting screwed unless I'm missing something...Screenshot_20190822-014928_Shop%20Samsung.jpeg

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It always says 6-8 weeks. It'll most likely be sooner. I think every time I've pre-ordered since the N7, it's only really been a couple weeks at most. It definitely was never 6-8 weeks though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's normal for every rebate program for years and years. This isn't just a Samsung thing.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I waited 8 weeks for the dex dock with the N8 as well, it is normal for a lot of the promotions.... annoying alright

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
That's normal for every rebate program for years and years. This isn't just a Samsung thing.
I know it's normal for other freebies. I've received many over the years and had to wait for them. But I thought that since this is essentially an email with a code, not something physical like headphones, Gear VR, etc... It would be instant. Guess I never received a code before and didn't think we'd have to wait since essentially those who pre-ordered on Samsung got the chance to use it right away.

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
To be clear, I'm not referring to the products I ordered with the $150. I'm talking about the voucher or code to actually order them. I think it's more than reasonable to wait for free stuff, but why must we wait with an email with a code to get the free stuff? That should be instant. That's what I was saying.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Was approved almost instantly for the Samsung $150 promotion, but when i received the email to check my status it says delivered in 6-8 weeks. That's pretty ridiculous if that's the case. Those who pre-ordered with Samsung got instant credit. Was hoping to order some goods, but apparently carrier pre-orders are getting screwed unless I'm missing something...View attachment 307583

We are an impatient bunch...

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Its to get pass ur 30 days of return, i wouldn't give out free stuff either til i know u not gonna return the phone with in 30 days

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
where did you go to register for the $150 credit? I pre ordered through Verizon so do I still get that?
Doesn't matter where you pre ordered, all orders are eligible for the pre order gift just like every Samsung launch. Go to shop Samsung app and you should be able to claim the pre order gift from there.

don Adams

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
This protects them from giving it and then customers returning the phone within a week. So we will probably receive the rebate in about 2-3 weeks (outside the return period for most retailers).

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
We are an impatient bunch...

I don't really see how you're being "screwed" unless you're not getting a free gift at all.

Free being the operative word. Could have been nothing. Like what people who didn't pre-order will be getting..

The phone it's self is enough to be thankful for. This thing is a BEAST!!! :cool:

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, maybe "getting screwed" was a poor choice of words. Made this post in the heat of the moment. But I do feel it's a bit misleading. I guess there was fine print that I missed. I've patiently waited for all free incentives on all physical objects from Samsung over the years. These incentives have also been a contributing factor on whether I upgraded or not in the past so it's a win win for Samsungs bottom line. Knowing that those who pre ordered directly with Samsung were able to instantly use that credit led me to believe that once we confirmed our pre order we would receive the coupon code by email right away. I know lots of people who have gotten free stuff from Samsung and returned their phones once the incentive was approved so I don't think it's that. Samsung has no way of tracking that down, nor do I think they care to bother. I was just frustrated because I was looking forward to ordering stuff that others have already ordered. But I guess if I want it right away, in the future I'll just buy it from the source.
I don't really see how you're being "screwed" unless you're not getting a free gift at all.

Free being the operative word. Could have been nothing. Like what people who didn't pre-order will be getting..

The phone it's self is enough to be thankful for. This thing is a BEAST!!! :cool:

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Anytime I attempt to submit mine, I get this. I fill out everything correctly and attach an image of the receipt for my order.
e4b3bddc2b55edfa17068d7d224dc3c6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz