Built in screen protector?

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I tried a Whitestone Dome on my S10+ and couldn't get the FPS to work so I had to Peel it off, been using nothing. Will leave the factory one on till I get fed up with it lol

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried a Whitestone Dome on my S10+ and couldn't get the FPS to work so I had to Peel it off, been using nothing. Will leave the factory one on till I get fed up with it lol

Same here. Tried three different Domes on the S10+, none of them worked with the FPS and now I’ll just leave the pre-installed one on. Will buy another one of those from Samsung once the first one is scratched up

Germanguy#AC

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually really liking the built in screen protector, ended up cancelling the Whitestone glass order. Where can you buy more of these Samsung screen protectors in case this one starts to come off?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Try Samsung's online shop for screen protectors.

I've seen from tutorials that when applying the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector it's advised to press down on where the fps is after the first curing and then perform the 2nd curing.

I'm hoping to see posts from people who have done this and the fps works as I always use the Whitestone Dome.

isammy

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Went to BB to get a Invisishield screen protector and the Geek Squad asked me did I want to take the one on off.I said I did already when I opened the box and he goes no theres one on here now. Wow didnt even know it. I'm keeping it and buying insurance.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Question about the factory installed screen protector. I am trading in the S10 that I owned for 7 weeks (bought on Amazon Prime day). Should I leave the factory screen protector on when I ship the phone back to Samsung?

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I peeled mine off because it started moving around, I could only tell because the camera cutout wasn't centered anymore.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The reasons why I and perhaps other people put the glass option onto the phone I believe are...

Feels a better user experience using a glass screen protector.

Offers up more protection from drops.

The plastic protector may eventually have marks from the S-Pen.

The plastic protector is more prone to marks and scratches.

Just my opinion.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Question about the factory installed screen protector. I am trading in the S10 that I owned for 7 weeks (bought on Amazon Prime day). Should I leave the factory screen protector on when I ship the phone back to Samsung?

I would say yes as it adds extra In-Transit protection and add a note with the phone advising the original screen protector is still fitted.

Especially if the plastic protector is marked up.

At the end of the day Samsung know people remove these to fit their own choice of Glass or plastic options.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This is why face ID is the ultimate. Fingerprints on a screen don't work well all of the time. I notice that mine doesn't work my fingers are dry. So I have to lick my fingers sometimes. Just an awesome way to unlock your phone in 2019.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This is why face ID is the ultimate. Fingerprints on a screen don't work well all of the time. I notice that mine doesn't work my fingers are dry. So I have to lick my fingers sometimes. Just an awesome way to unlock your phone in 2019.
Does face ID require you see your own ugly mug 100 times a day? You know, first thing in the morning, sitting on the toilet, you name it....

Edit. Just played with it, and I'm glad to see it doesn't sit there and hide your face. Seems to work pretty well

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Obviously not going to protect like the Whitestone but I would say it's on a par with the Spigen, I tried the Spigen on my Note 8 but took it off after a few weeks and never had another but this Samsung factory protector seems ok and I'll see how it goes.
The Whitestone is great garbage

Cracked from 3" fall. Thin thin thin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781