Built in screen protector?

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who got their phones.. Did u have to l remove a screen protector out of the box?

Noticed a film on the screen and thought of the problem the Galaxy Fold had and didn't want to remove it forcefully if I'm not supposed to. It was tough, tried to pick at it but didn't want to push it.
57d8cf54fba411605df27523b07d530b.jpg

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No, it's a factory installed. It my not be tempered glass, but it does a good job protecting the screen from scratches. The s10 series also shipped with them. But it can easily removed if you want. It's strictly up to you.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
is this pre-installed screen protector as good as a Spigen Neo Flex or a Whitestone Dome????

Obviously not going to protect like the Whitestone but I would say it's on a par with the Spigen, I tried the Spigen on my Note 8 but took it off after a few weeks and never had another but this Samsung factory protector seems ok and I'll see how it goes.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence about factory installed screen protector,. I can't imagine it would be that great. also on the fence about buying a 50 dollar screen protector...

I found another one on Amazon similar to white stone called rock film it's only 33 bucks and uses a uv light

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
is this pre-installed screen protector as good as a Spigen Neo Flex or a Whitestone Dome????
Yes and no. Lots of people, myself included, have had a hard time using the fingerprint reader with the Whitestone dome. So while tempered glass will offer better fall protection than a plastic film, if it messes up the fingerprint reader (which is much faster on the Note than on the S10 and finally works right) it might not be worth the 50 bucks. I have a Dome here for the Note but haven't decided yet if I should even install it or sell it instead.

RandyJoshua

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
Yes and no. Lots of people, myself included, have had a hard time using the fingerprint reader with the Whitestone dome. So while tempered glass will offer better fall protection than a plastic film, if it messes up the fingerprint reader (which is much faster on the Note than on the S10 and finally works right) it might not be worth the 50 bucks. I have a Dome here for the Note but haven't decided yet if I should even install it or sell it instead.

Hmm i was at a stage that I didn’t even wanted to install a screenprotector because I get annoyed by that. But then I saw a reply somewhere that a scratch could possibly cause your fingerprint not being read. And so not unlocking your device.

So now I was like yeah hmm now I think I do need a protector, and was thinking of the Whitestone. But then I read your reply I’m like wuaaahhh :p

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hmm i was at a stage that I didn’t even wanted to install a screenprotector because I get annoyed by that. But then I saw a reply somewhere that a scratch could possibly cause your fingerprint not being read. And so not unlocking your device.

So now I was like yeah hmm now I think I do need a protector, and was thinking of the Whitestone. But then I read your reply I’m like wuaaahhh :p

You might want to see the Note 10 5G video by JerryRigEverything. He scratches the area around the FPS (and did it on an S10+ when that phone came out) and the phone still recognizes fingerprints. I believe the worst he found is that a fingerprint may need to be re-enrolled, but that is after putting several deep scratches over the FPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF8jNIO-h9M

RandyJoshua

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
You might want to see the Note 10 5G video by JerryRigEverything. He scratches the area around the FPS (and did it on an S10+ when that phone came out) and the phone still recognizes fingerprints. I believe the worst he found is that a fingerprint may need to be re-enrolled, but that is after putting several deep scratches over the FPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF8jNIO-h9M

Thanks I’ll definitely check it out!! That means I don’t even need the protector! :D

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the screen protector that came with the phone until is starts to look ratty. I have the spigen neo flex and my favorite protector, the illumi aquashield, ready when this original one starts to crap out. The factory installed one is a little too glass like feeling for my taste. I prefer a little drag from the protector - works better with my s-pen writing style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs