Slower speeds with Unlocked ver. on T-Mobile?

evan_2k

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I updated to TMO. All went good. Signal strength meter looks higher but its not. Looks like TMO just makes meter look stronger. I do have HD voice now so thats good though.

So you didn't have HD voice before you flashed? I was looking to keep my phone stock, but may end up flashing to get the features if that's the case.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I am on Google Fi, so I don't get HD calls, wifi calls, or the visual voicemail anyway. I would like to know though if signal has improved and perhaps unlocked Note is not utilizing all necessary TMobile bands

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So you didn't have HD voice before you flashed? I was looking to keep my phone stock, but may end up flashing to get the features if that's the case.
I believe HD voice is available on the unlocked model for TMobile/Verizon. Only reason to flash carrier firmware is if you want the perception of better signal with more bars

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I believe HD voice is available on the unlocked model for TMobile/Verizon. Only reason to flash carrier firmware is if you want the perception of better signal with more bars

I never saw the HD+ on phone screen before switching but maybe just doesn't show.

***I just read it is there just doesn't show HD+ on unlocked. Also unlocked does not have Video Calling feature.

Last edited:

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I am using an unlocked on t-mobile. I get everything other then video calling. Not a problem for me I don't use it.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I haven't noticed any slow down. I haven't done any technical measurements or anything like that. Just going off of day to day usage.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah , most can ...but it's a cool to have

sure. I got unlocked and I'm with Sprint, which in and of itself is generally a disaster, so I'm kind of waiting to see what will happen. will I be able to pop in my sim and activate, or wait to order/receive a sim kit, or will there be a sim in the phone. everything is an unknown for me. cool and exciting but a little worrisome because of Sprint.