Slower speeds with Unlocked ver. on T-Mobile?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
sure. I got unlocked and I'm with Sprint, which in and of itself is generally a disaster, so I'm kind of waiting to see what will happen. will I be able to pop in my sim and activate, or wait to order/receive a sim kit, or will there be a sim in the phone. everything is an unknown for me. cool and exciting but a little worrisome because of Sprint.
I've heard trouble with sprint , so you can try your sim see what happens.

KingGrimlock

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry for changing the subject of this thread, but I bought my brother an unlocked Note 10+ for his upcoming birthday. From what I've read on this thread, he won't have video calling. Is that something that usually comes included with the T-Mobile branded version of the Note 10+? If so, are there alternatives he can use instead? I believe his wife uses an S10, so I want to make sure they're able to video call if they need to. I apologize for what might sound like a dumb question, but the last Android phone I used was the Note 4. I've been using an iPhone ever since, so I'm afraid I don't know what apps are available for Android.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can live without that

It is not just that. That is only a tiny part of RCS.

The biggest thing for RCS is sending media. Think of RCS like iMessage for text messages if you have ever used an iPhone. You will be able to easily text videos without them looking like absolute garbage.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It is not just that. That is only a tiny part of RCS.

The biggest thing for RCS is sending media. Think of RCS like iMessage for text messages if you have ever used an iPhone. You will be able to easily text videos without them looking like absolute garbage.

I don't know that I've ever had that issue, but I don't text a lot of videos either. so again, not sure I will miss that even if I don't have it. hopefully it will be available to me on my unlocked 10+ but if not I'll be fine. I can always flash it if I find too many things I use missing. so far, everything that has been mentioned as not being available are things I don't need or use.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry for changing the subject of this thread, but I bought my brother an unlocked Note 10+ for his upcoming birthday. From what I've read on this thread, he won't have video calling. Is that something that usually comes included with the T-Mobile branded version of the Note 10+? If so, are there alternatives he can use instead? I believe his wife uses an S10, so I want to make sure they're able to video call if they need to. I apologize for what might sound like a dumb question, but the last Android phone I used was the Note 4. I've been using an iPhone ever since, so I'm afraid I don't know what apps are available for Android.

Yes, usually comes pre-installed on t-mobile. There are other video calling options like skype or duo that can be downloaded.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It depends

You can get 300 down or only 3 down, it all depends on network at the location, congestion etc. Speeds are determined by the network performance most of the time since all phones have the standard Qualcomm modems capable of great speeds.

PS: and yes there is modem tuning that happens for optimal network performance.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I just got my unlocked yesterday and on T-Mobile the speeds are pretty much on par with my previous T-Mobile S10 plus. I still plan on flashing the T-Mobile firmware next Tuesday and I'll run an additional speed test. I just want a full-fledged T-Mobile device with boot animation and all.

Attachments

• 10078.jpg
    10078.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 18

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You got the note 10+ ? Sweet !
I just got my unlocked yesterday and on T-Mobile the speeds are pretty much on par with my previous T-Mobile S10 plus. I still plan on flashing the T-Mobile firmware next Tuesday and I'll run an additional speed test. I just want a full-fledged T-Mobile device with boot animation and all.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Note 10 plus unlocked yesterday... Finally.
checking speeds.... Thanks to Mustang 7757 I will be looking in to the t mo firmware. The other day I got over 100 mbps downtown Virginia Beach in my note 9... Never seen that before