Slower speeds with Unlocked ver. on T-Mobile?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just got the Note 10 plus unlocked yesterday... Finally.
checking speeds.... Thanks to Mustang 7757 I will be looking in to the t mo firmware. The other day I got over 100 mbps downtown Virginia Beach in my note 9... Never seen that before
Your welcome, let me know if you need help .

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I've been having signal/speed issues, and just confirmed at least for me it's the "you're holding it wrong" thing. (or antenna placement) If I do a speed test the way I normally hold my phone I get 12-15 Mbps down/less than one up. If I hold the phone flat in my palm not covering the antennas it jumps up to 41-51 down/5-8 up. I tested several times in the exact same location, just adjusting how I'm holding it. That's a bummer. YMMV, but that seems to be my issue at least.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I've been having signal/speed issues, and just confirmed at least for me it's the "you're holding it wrong" thing. (or antenna placement) If I do a speed test the way I normally hold my phone I get 12-15 Mbps down/less than one up. If I hold the phone flat in my palm not covering the antennas it jumps up to 41-51 down/5-8 up. I tested several times in the exact same location, just adjusting how I'm holding it. That's a bummer. YMMV, but that seems to be my issue at least.

It’s because you’re not standing the right direction, with one leg and rubbing your stomach with your free hand... so I’ve heard ;-)

cjxsutton

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry for changing the subject of this thread, but I bought my brother an unlocked Note 10+ for his upcoming birthday. From what I've read on this thread, he won't have video calling. Is that something that usually comes included with the T-Mobile branded version of the Note 10+? If so, are there alternatives he can use instead? I believe his wife uses an S10, so I want to make sure they're able to video call if they need to. I apologize for what might sound like a dumb question, but the last Android phone I used was the Note 4. I've been using an iPhone ever since, so I'm afraid I don't know what apps are available for Android.

They can just use WhatsApp or Facebook messenger or any other third party app.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
So after having the a factory unlocked note 10+ for almost 2 months or so... I have come to the conclusion I will need to flash it to t mobile.... I always find the signal to read H+??? 2G I believe... Instead of the LTE

Can some shoot me the easiest way to flash tmo on to N10 +

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So after having the a factory unlocked note 10+ for almost 2 months or so... I have come to the conclusion I will need to flash it to t mobile.... I always find the signal to read H+??? 2G I believe... Instead of the LTE

Can some shoot me the easiest way to flash tmo on to N10 +
Have you flashed before?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's not hard you'll need Odin 3.13.1 prince comsey download to computer and the unlocked firmware can get from sammobile ,after you download the firmware extract the zip and then load it file according to the slots ...can watch some YouTube videos to get familiar with the process , you need to put the phone in download mode by holding power/volume down button same time

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Your welcome!
Well I found the T mo firmware flashed it however I do not see the video calling nor the other T mobile apps that would come normally like the video calling..... Went to another site from a YT Channel Tech Valor got the firm ware... Fingers crossed over here.... On flash 3 now.... Thank God for my note 9

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I found the T mo firmware flashed it however I do not see the video calling nor the other T mobile apps that would come normally like the video calling..... Went to another site from a YT Channel Tech Valor got the firm ware... Fingers crossed over here.... On flash 3 now.... Thank God for my note 9
Used Odin 3.13.1 prince comsey?

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes sure did..... Just got it right late last night sitting here waiting on my back to restore as I type this..... I appreciate the guidance. I see the video calling and other items as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca