Best way to charge the note 10 plus for battery life?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Charge mine overnight... Once in awhile wireless charge at work but most days just makes it all day till bedtime

Same here. I never keep a phone over a year so charge at night no matter what it is set at. I use for android auto as well, so of course it charges while that is on. So never enters my mind.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Samsung's recommendation to stay between 20% and 100% (with nothing said against overnight charging) is much less onerous than the other article's recommendation to stay between 40% and 80%. At 20%, I'd start to worry about running out all the way anyway.

And even Samsung's milder recommendation is just one of a dozen sacrifices they suggest considering if you're maximally concerned about your battery wearing out. And their suggestion is buried in an obscure help article, not even mentioned in the User Manual. So they don't seem very emphatic about it. :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, Samsung's recommendation to stay between 20% and 100% (with nothing said against overnight charging) is much less onerous than the other article's recommendation to stay between 40% and 80%. At 20%, I'd start to worry about running out all the way anyway.

And even Samsung's milder recommendation is just one of a dozen sacrifices they suggest considering if you're maximally concerned about your battery wearing out. And their suggestion is buried in an obscure help article, not even mentioned in the User Manual. So they don't seem very emphatic about it. :)
Yeah , to do what the other article says is a real burden, it just doesn't support enough evidence for me to do that . I still have my note 9 which is over 6 months old and still have solid battery life like day one . If the battery fails in another year or 2 , then so be it I'll either replace it or get rid of the phone . Battery life you not going get more then 2 to 3 years anyways regardless which method .

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, the Battery University article doesn't say 40-80%. It's worse. It says keeping at an exact voltage of 3.92V is best. The 40-80% (and similar) recommendations are what the geeks in the smartphone world adopted as an ideal balance of longevity and time between charges.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I look what you shouldn't do:
Avoid depleting the battery constantly or at all, letting battery get hot often by over taxing it with intensive games or other intensive stuff , for most part should be ok .

Stephanie Hopkins

Mar 27, 2022
Visit site

Yeah, it's March 2022 and I'm conflicted and have been wondering what others thought. I was using a Note 8 and yeah it seems like the battery lost a lot of capacity in the last several years. I tend to use my phone's longer than some people will so I do want them to last. That's why I'm trying to look into it. But the folks talkin about 40 to 80% being inconvenient are so absolutely correct. Seemed like since Accubattery all I do is charge the phone. I just upgraded to the 10 and haven't started using it yet. Sometimes you gotta just charge it a bit. That's just how life is. But overall, when home and able, I'd like to do what's best for the long run of the battery. If the 40-80 thing is so solid why do manufacturers like Samsung keep saying 15-100? I just don't get why all the secrecy I guess. Maybe just so folks are constantly upgrading their phones. If it's all about how many charges cycles that you get out of the battery, then how does charging it more often for less help? That's where I get lost. I'm charging it more frequently. So that's more cycles... Yes? Don't get that. Heard some explanation about not letting them go full 100% charged. But a few years back it was yes let it charge then trickle. So if anybody has any updated opinions on this I'd love to hear them!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, it's March 2022 and I'm conflicted and have been wondering what others thought. I was using a Note 8 and yeah it seems like the battery lost a lot of capacity in the last several years. I tend to use my phone's longer than some people will so I do want them to last. That's why I'm trying to look into it. But the folks talkin about 40 to 80% being inconvenient are so absolutely correct. Seemed like since Accubattery all I do is charge the phone. I just upgraded to the 10 and haven't started using it yet. Sometimes you gotta just charge it a bit. That's just how life is. But overall, when home and able, I'd like to do what's best for the long run of the battery. If the 40-80 thing is so solid why do manufacturers like Samsung keep saying 15-100? I just don't get why all the secrecy I guess. Maybe just so folks are constantly upgrading their phones. If it's all about how many charges cycles that you get out of the battery, then how does charging it more often for less help? That's where I get lost. I'm charging it more frequently. So that's more cycles... Yes? Don't get that. Heard some explanation about not letting them go full 100% charged. But a few years back it was yes let it charge then trickle. So if anybody has any updated opinions on this I'd love to hear them!
Hi welcome to AC!
That 40 to 80% might be the way to preserve the battery degrading but then you have to wonder about that constant charging creating chemical reaction everytime in the battery causing a degradation , Samsung newer phones have a toggle to stop charging at 85% so I'm testing that out from 5 to 85%. I personally had batteries on smartphone last 3 years doing 5 to 100% over the years , so yes 40 to 80 charging is impractical for my everyday use even if I could squeeze another year out the battery most will last between 2 to 3 without severe degradation if not gaming all the time wich is another battery killer .
In the end I say replace the battery when time comes if your holding onto it for longer times as long as the cost is reasonable. I personally would stick to 5 to 100 and enjoy your phone with less charging

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi welcome to AC!
That 40 to 80% might be the way to preserve the battery degrading but then you have to wonder about that constant charging creating chemical reaction everytime in the battery causing a degradation , Samsung newer phones have a toggle to stop charging at 85% so I'm testing that out from 5 to 85%. I personally had batteries on smartphone last 3 years doing 5 to 100% over the years , so yes 40 to 80 charging is impractical for my everyday use even if I could squeeze another year out the battery most will last between 2 to 3 without severe degradation if not gaming all the time wich is another battery killer .
In the end I say replace the battery when time comes if your holding onto it for longer times as long as the cost is reasonable. I personally would stick to 5 to 100 and enjoy your phone with less charging

My 26 month old Note 10 Plus Exynos version has a battery capacity(health) of 93%. I tend to charge it mainly between 30 - 95%. I've noticed the heat generated while charging with the phone switched off is MUCH less so do so as often as possible. Easier since I use 2 phones Battery replacement services from Samsung in my country aren't that good. Using that toggle doesn't fit my lifestyle.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My 26 month old Note 10 Plus Exynos version has a battery capacity(health) of 93%. I tend to charge it mainly between 30 - 95%. I've noticed the heat generated while charging with the phone switched off is MUCH less so do so as often as possible. Easier since I use 2 phones Battery replacement services from Samsung in my country aren't that good. Using that toggle doesn't fit my lifestyle.
That's not bad 93% 30 to 95% not to bad and the only thing I've seen a benefit from 85% toggle is it charges less time , like 10% to 85 in 37 minutes

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I've used a slow stand up wireless charger that I got from Sam's a few years ago. It takes about three hours to charge up after a day of use. I leave it on all night. My Note 10 was purchased right when it came out. I've noticed little to no degradation. Accubattery says it's at 98 percent. Batteries plus or Best Buy will install a new one for about 70 bucks.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the option set to not charge above 85%. It's the first and last 15% drain and fill that drgrades the battery worst on the cycle.
I also have my Facer smartwarch faces let me know when the phone battery is below 25% so I know it is about to be charging time. I usually go for 20-25%

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Note 10+ for almost 3 full years. I use Accubattery to judge my battery health. And at 90%, I think I have done a good job with the health of this phone. What I do is make sure that the battery doesn't drop below 30% and I charge it to 90-100%. I am still getting, for my needs, a full day or more of charge. One thing you can also do is restart your phone at least once a week. I do that evey Saturday morning. That helps keep the phone running fresh and disables the excessive apps that are running in the background to stop. Like a fresh defrag on the computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2