Whitestone Dome Screen Protector

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest going into Whitestone web site directly and file a warranty claim. They will process it even if you bought through Amazon. The claim process will ask for everything needed. Make sure you have pictures to show that the protector is the wrong size. Also argue not to pay the $10 shipping, since it is their mistake.

They told me to do the exchange through Amazon, since they fulfilled the order.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest going into Whitestone web site directly and file a warranty claim. They will process it even if you bought through Amazon. The claim process will ask for everything needed. Make sure you have pictures to show that the protector is the wrong size. Also argue not to pay the $10 shipping, since it is their mistake.

Amazon is offering free returns so why not do an exchange through Amazon. It would be much faster in all likelihood.

EDIT: I meant to reply to the OP and I can't delete this post.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I had one on my N8 that I just removed to send back to Samsung for the trade-in. I have one sitting here for my Note 10+ but the factory installed screen protector is pretty good, so perhaps I'll wait. On the other hand I don't know if it will prevent the Gorilla glass from breaking if I drop the phone on it's face as was the situation on more than one occasion with my N8. Highly recommend the WS protector.

7airwrecka7

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
I just put mine on. It looks and feels great! The video I watched said that after installation, you might want to increase the touch sensitivity in settings, delete your previous fingerprint and start over with setting up a new one. I did and it's working fine. As a side note, I like that it comes with a UV light for curing...now I can use that in the future for curing gel nail polish 😄

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just put mine on. It looks and feels great! The video I watched said that after installation, you might want to increase the touch sensitivity in settings, delete your previous fingerprint and start over with setting up a new one. I did and it's working fine. As a side note, I like that it comes with a UV light for curing...now I can use that in the future for curing gel nail polish
Hahaha..
Glad it came out good!

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I had one for my N8 and loved it. I've one sitting here for the 10+ and thought I would wait to install until the factory installed one started to lift. However, I can't see the screen with my prescription sunglasses. Has anyone else found it difficult to see the screen with the factory installed screen protector and have that issue resolved with the Whitestone Dome protector?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I had one for my N8 and loved it. I've one sitting here for the 10+ and thought I would wait to install until the factory installed one started to lift. However, I can't see the screen with my prescription sunglasses. Has anyone else found it difficult to see the screen with the factory installed screen protector and have that issue resolved with the Whitestone Dome protector?

My colleague at work had a similar issue with his s10 phone too concerning the pre applied protector and sunglasses. However his sunglasses are not prescription !

Now I wear prescription sunglasses and haven't had any issues with the pre installed plastic protector or now with that removed and the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector applied.

I'm left wondering if it's the prescription part of the lenses that may cause certain people issues.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My colleague at work had a similar issue with his s10 phone too concerning the pre applied protector and sunglasses. However his sunglasses are not prescription !

Now I wear prescription sunglasses and haven't had any issues with the pre installed plastic protector or now with that removed and the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector applied.

I'm left wondering if it's the prescription part of the lenses that may cause certain people issues.

Are your glasses polarized and UVA/UVB protected? I think that would be causing the distortion/rainbow effect. I going to take a chance and apply the Whitestone protector because I need to be able to see the phone with sunglasses. I'll report back.

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Are your glasses polarized and UVA/UVB protected? I think that would be causing the distortion/rainbow effect. I going to take a chance and apply the Whitestone protector because I need to be able to see the phone with sunglasses. I'll report back.

What was your conclusion about the rainbow/distortion? I have that rainbow/distortion effect with the factory installed screen protector with my prescription sunglasses and yes they are polarized lenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret