I typically do not use a headset /earbuds but driving a convertible the car's Bluetooth is difficult at best.

I drove from PA to IL and I was using the wired headset that came with either the note 8 or 9...it helped but not great

I'm looking for an over the ear, preferably with noise cancelation (guessing that will help) I'm not sure what brand or if with a wire or not matters, obviously good with the note 10+

And if it is available at Best Buy... They are offering me a decent discount for all of the BS I have dealt with the last 2 days... But I am sure I can find other crap at BB if something is better than what they have/sell

Thanks in advance
    08-23-2019 03:49 PM
    Sorry I thought I posted under the accessories link... Feel free to move my post
    08-23-2019 04:04 PM
    It's illegal to wear earbuds or headphones while driving in some states. Extremely dangerous with noise cancelling headphones.
    ROE_HUNTER and edubb256 like this.
    08-23-2019 04:12 PM
    It's illegal to wear earbuds or headphones while driving in some states. Extremely dangerous with noise cancelling headphones.
    Thanks, I have already checked on that part of it.
    I'd only be using one, so I could hear emergency vehicles. I just don't know much about the actual quality or functions of what is out there
    08-23-2019 05:53 PM
    Thanks, I have already checked on that part of it.
    I'd only be using one, so I could hear emergency vehicles. I just don't know much about the actual quality or functions of what is out there
    If you only wear one....noise cancelling is pretty useless.
    08-23-2019 06:15 PM
    Maybe noise canceling is the wrong terminology... As I said, I don't use headphones/earphones/earbuds so I'm not sure of the right terms.

I want something that will limit the noise from high winds or trucks when driving with the top down. It would also be nice if I was able to use them when biking, jogging or whatever

I want to be aware of what is around me but still, be able to hear a phone call and/or music
    08-23-2019 07:59 PM
    Check these out, they fit forward of your ears and use bone induction for sound.

https://aftershokz.com/products/trekz-air
    08-23-2019 09:23 PM
    Why don't you put up the windows on the highway and upgrade your deck unit and speakers?
    08-23-2019 10:07 PM
    Maybe noise canceling is the wrong terminology... As I said, I don't use headphones/earphones/earbuds so I'm not sure of the right terms.

I want something that will limit the noise from high winds or trucks when driving with the top down. It would also be nice if I was able to use them when biking, jogging or whatever

I want to be aware of what is around me but still, be able to hear a phone call and/or music
    Yeah....noise cancelling actually don't do well with wind. The noise cancelling actually makes wind more noticeable. You need something that isolates outside noise
    08-23-2019 10:17 PM
    Check these out, they fit forward of your ears and use bone induction for sound.

https://aftershokz.com/products/trekz-air
    I looked at those and they would be fine for the sports, I can't use just one while driving.
    Thank you though
    08-23-2019 10:28 PM
    Yeah....noise cancelling actually don't do well with wind. The noise cancelling actually makes wind more noticeable. You need something that isolates outside noise
    Is there anything you would recommend now that we got beyond my horrible terminology?
    preferably where I could just use one or let one dangle off my shoulder?
    08-23-2019 10:32 PM
    Is there anything you would recommend now that we got beyond my horrible terminology?
    preferably where I could just use one or let one dangle off my shoulder?
    I have these and have been pretty happy with them. Not sure how well it'll do in a convertible tho.
    Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones - 6D Sound Effect - Up to 28 Hours Per Charge, High-End Premium Deep Bass, IPX5 Waterproof Sport in-Ear Earphones - Neckband for Running and Workouts w/ Built-In Mic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KVMQ6SD...cUvbUpU6617856
    MysticalDreams likes this.
    08-23-2019 10:40 PM
    Noise canceling of the type you're looking at is on the outgoing side. The person you're talking to doesn't hear the noise, because a little mic is picking up the noise and subtracting it from the outgoing audio stream.

What you're looking for is noise canceling headphones (cancelling the noise from what you're hearing and, as Mike said in post #3 , that's illegal when you're driving. (That's the kind you wear in airplanes.)

Noise canceling earbuds are as illegal as noise canceling headphones if you wear both, and useless if you wear only 1. Connect the phone to the car audio, by Bluetooth if you can, by wire if you have to.
    08-24-2019 11:45 AM
    Noise canceling of the type you're looking at is on the outgoing side. The person you're talking to doesn't hear the noise, because a little mic is picking up the noise and subtracting it from the outgoing audio stream.

What you're looking for is noise canceling headphones (cancelling the noise from what you're hearing and, as Mike said in post #3 , that's illegal when you're driving. (That's the kind you wear in airplanes.)

Noise canceling earbuds are as illegal as noise canceling headphones if you wear both, and useless if you wear only 1. Connect the phone to the car audio, by Bluetooth if you can, by wire if you have to.
    I actually hear the high winds and trucks more when I am using a cheap wired earbud headphone (one-sided) through the microphoned ear, not as much from the surrounding noise (if that makes sense)
    So it sounds like the opposite of what you were saying... I am looking for the mic to limit the noise
    08-24-2019 02:38 PM