Ok, I'm confused. I have fingerprint lock on and AOD off. When I hit the power button on the left the Screen goes black and only shows charging info and a dim fingerprint.

First, what is the screen? Second, how do I get unread notification info on this page?

If I double tap the screen it takes me to a standard lock screen with clock etc.

I feel something is conflicting in my setting.

Thanks in advance.
    08-24-2019 07:05 PM
    I think you need to go to Settings --> Lock Screen and make sure Notifications is set to on.
    08-24-2019 07:26 PM
    I think you need to go to Settings --> Lock Screen and make sure Notifications is set to on.
    Notifications is set to on. This seems to be the lock screen I get to AFTER double tapping on the aforementioned black screen with the charging time on it.
    08-24-2019 07:32 PM
    Wow, that is strange! I have the Dynamic Lock Screen on so when I double tap I get that, with the fingerprint, but mine does include notifications right under the clock. I would've thought that without Dynamic Lock Screen turned on you should just get a black screen but otherwise the same stuff (clock, notifications, fingerprint). Could it have something to do with "clock style"? Mine is set to the one with the time above and then "Sat, August 24" underneath, and the notifications appear under the date.
    08-24-2019 07:40 PM
    Wow, that is strange! I have the Dynamic Lock Screen on so when I double tap I get that, with the fingerprint, but mine does include notifications right under the clock. I would've thought that without Dynamic Lock Screen turned on you should just get a black screen but otherwise the same stuff (clock, notifications, fingerprint). Could it have something to do with "clock style"? Mine is set to the one with the time above and then "Sat, August 24" underneath, and the notifications appear under the date.
    You mention "so when I double tap I get that". The forst black screen you are double tapping on..... what is that?
    08-24-2019 07:43 PM
    When it's completely asleep it's a black screen with nothing, because although I do use the "always on display" I have it set to...not be always on, so kind of a misnomer there. If I tap once, that brings up the always on display in my case, which is a dim black screen with clock, notifications, and the dim fingerprint. However, if from the asleep/totally black screen I tap twice, I then get the lock screen, which in my case is set to be dynamic, but regardless it's whatever background you have if any, and whatever clock you have, with notifications underneath, and the fingerprint further down.

If I wake it up from asleep/black screen by pressing the side key, it takes me straight to the lock screen (again, dynamic in my case, and with clock, notifications, and fingerprint).
    08-25-2019 01:44 AM
    When it's completely asleep it's a black screen with nothing, because although I do use the "always on display" I have it set to...not be always on, so kind of a misnomer there. If I tap once, that brings up the always on display in my case, which is a dim black screen with clock, notifications, and the dim fingerprint. However, if from the asleep/totally black screen I tap twice, I then get the lock screen, which in my case is set to be dynamic, but regardless it's whatever background you have if any, and whatever clock you have, with notifications underneath, and the fingerprint further down.

If I wake it up from asleep/black screen by pressing the side key, it takes me straight to the lock screen (again, dynamic in my case, and with clock, notifications, and fingerprint).
    Thanks. Very helpful, I appreciate you spelling it out.

So now that we've established mine is working as intended, doesn't the lock screen feel redundant?
    08-25-2019 10:18 AM
    Haha yes that is a solid point, there would seem to be little reason to have both the AOD screen on a single tap and also the lock screen on a double tap, since they seem to have mostly the same functionality.
    08-25-2019 11:40 PM