wqhd+ vs. fhd+

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I also don't buy a top-end phone to dumb it down for what.. 30 mins more per charge?

I never said that I do it for another 30min per charge. That's somebody else. I never even touched the display settings because I'm fine with it out of the box.

Do you also run it at 100% brightness all the time? By your definition, not doing so is dumbing it down. It's no different than running it or not at max resolution it's a setting someone decided to not put in max.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never said that I do it for another 30min per charge. That's somebody else. I never even touched the display settings because I'm fine with it out of the box.

Do you also run it at 100% brightness all the time? By your definition, not doing so is dumbing it down.

Na auto because it adjusts for the light. 100% brightness at pure night would hurt my eyes. Top screen res wouldn't. Good try though

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it bears repeating - then why does Samsung set it at 1080p at default? They know that for most people it won't make a difference at all. People aren't thumbing it down - Samsung is, in that case. This is why the whole Note 10 - 1080p thing was nonsense. Most people keep their phones at the default 1080p anyway so people should not have disparaged it so much. I think people should just use it the way they see fit, 1080 or 1440.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Na auto because it adjusts for the light. 100% brightness at pure night would hurt my eyes. Top screen res wouldn't. Good try though

But it's a toggle you didn't put at max. So you dumbed it down -> this is exactly how you sound to me.

It's no different to not putting a screen setting at max. The lower resolution doesn't hurt my eyes. The higher resolution does nothing to improve my experience but increase phone degradation. So again, why bother?

Do you run your car at redline always?

If it's a setting that does nothing for you, why turn it on?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But it's a toggle you didn't put at max. So you dumbed it down -> this is exactly how you sound to me.

It's no different to not putting a screen setting at max. The lower resolution doesn't hurt my eyes. The higher resolution does nothing to improve my experience but increase phone degradation. So again, why bother?

Do you run your car at redline always?

Sometimes I redline.. but don't have a car .. but you are saying quad HD red lines the Samsung? Sounds like a fail for a top end phone. I can run games at Max on my gaming rig without red lining my video card.

So by your definition it isn't top tier. Got it

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes.. but you are saying quad HD red lines the Samsung? Sounds like a fail for a top end phone. I can run games at Max on my gaming rig without red lining my video card.

So by your definition it isn't top tier. Got it

I already told you that the screen isn't a real 1440p screen. It's true resolution is 1080p and it achieves 1440p by putting it in a mode that degrades the screen faster. Were you reading?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I already told you that the screen isn't a real 1440p screen. It's true resolution is 1080p and it achieves 1440p by putting it in a mode that degrades the screen faster. Were you reading?

I'm lost why you are so triggered at my opinion. OP asked. I gave my reasons. It seems you can't handle that and I don't get why. As I said earlier everyone can do what they want.. it's their money..but if you ask me my opinion I don't think buying a $1k phone to dumb down is worth it. I'm sure many disagree. That's okay.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm lost why you are so triggered at my opinion. OP asked. I gave my reasons. It seems you can't handle that and I don't get why. As I said earlier everyone can do what they want.. it's their money..but if you ask me my opinion I don't think buying a $1k phone to dumb down is worth it. I'm sure many disagree. That's okay.

Not really. I also already answered with "it's your phone" a few posts ago. I'm just bored. LOL.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can you share where you found that information ? Not saying your wrong but haven't seen what you describe anywhere.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not really. I also already answered with "it's your phone" a few posts ago. I'm just bored. LOL.

So did I. I even answered your question about it not being able to do full quad yet you asked me again.. so I can ask you your own question... Were you reading?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've tested this also very little drain , I think we talked about in the S10 threads?

Yes. Screen resolution hardly makes a difference. But the way apps are running in the background really affects battery. For instance the DBS mobile app i had was having way longer running in background compared to Whatsapp.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Screen resolution hardly makes a difference. But the way apps are running in the background really affects battery. For instance the DBS mobile app i had was having way longer running in background compared to Whatsapp.
Those you can restrict or make sure in optimized battery mode .

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

So... Youre saying Samsung is doing this so that our screen degrades faster? Hmmm... Interesting....

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Those you can restrict or make sure in optimized battery mode .

Yesterday i disabled running in background. But today it was still running in background more than my whatsapp. I uninstalled that sh*t already. And gave the developers a piece of my mind.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-091628_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-091628_Settings.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 19

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't blame you , could of tried force stop see if it was just a glitch in the app
Yesterday i disabled running in background. But today it was still running in background more than my whatsapp. I uninstalled that sh*t already. And gave the developers a piece of my mind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance