Very unhappy with fingerprint sensor

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I was seriously considering boxing it back up and then I decided to remove the factory screen protector to see if that helped and it has gone from frustrating to usable. Samsung, in my opinion has always had the worst traditional FP sensors so I was very skeptical about how well their in-screen version would work. When I received the August security patch on day 2 and saw that improvements were made to the FP sensor as well I was pretty excited, but I didn't notice any improvement until I removed the screen protector. As others have mentioned Samsung really needs to add haptics to it.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I feel the same I only use the sensor to access some apps not to get into device. They need an update to fix this or call Google and have them fix it lol. This feature need to work as advertised.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was seriously considering boxing it back up and then I decided to remove the factory screen protector to see if that helped and it has gone from frustrating to usable. Samsung, in my opinion has always had the worst traditional FP sensors so I was very skeptical about how well their in-screen version would work. When I received the August security patch on day 2 and saw that improvements were made to the FP sensor as well I was pretty excited, but I didn't notice any improvement until I removed the screen protector. As others have mentioned Samsung really needs to add haptics to it.

I heard someone say that if you register the same finger 2wice, it reads much better

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Would definitely take the suggestion above. Only time I have a problem is when I don't rest my finger in the right spot. Other than that it's spot on.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My S10+ was horrible and my note is 10x better. Not sure if it's a quality control issue or what. I even left the screen protector on this time. Maybe try to swap the phone for another one. I tried every trick out there on my S10 and it made little difference to the accuracy. It's definitely slower than the note 9, but at least it's more accurate this time around.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just tried to redo my fingerprint using the same one twice and still doesn't work as it's advertised. Any other thoughts.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Sorry that it's not working for some people. I had the S10+ and the FPS was pretty bad. It was equally bad on my first afternoon with the Note 10+, but after the software update it's actually gotten a lot better. The past couple days it's been pretty rare for me to get FPS failures.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
everybody needs to quit giving the fingerprint sensor the finger. it may not be perfect but we are stick with it. :) I am not happy with it either. wish it was like the note 8 but maybe with usage, I can figure how to make it work better for me.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
everybody needs to quit giving the fingerprint sensor the finger. it may not be perfect but we are stick with it. :) I am not happy with it either. wish it was like the note 8 but maybe with usage, I can figure how to make it work better for me.

Heh, actually I'll go further. Having it back in the front, and in the screen is preferablee to any of the prior configurations. I would have it no other way!

(Other than to have it be more reliable)

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I turned LIFT TO WAKE on and have the face scanner as an unlocking option as well. When I pick up my phone, the face scanner unlocks it before I get time to place my finger in the correct FPS location.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I registered both my thumbs twice and it seems to work 99% of the time. I would try that and make sure with each lift of the finger you move just a little

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Weird, mine works extremely fast, usually a short tap is enough to unlock the phone. Probably about double as fast as on the S10+

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Works good for me but it's nowhere close to iPhone face unlock thing. Trying to find a spot to touch versus just looking at your phone. No contest.