Very unhappy with fingerprint sensor

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
To get it to work correctly I had to register both thumbs twice. You can register four fingers. I'll most likely use my thumbs so I registered them twice and it seems to work more often now. Also running the update after setting up the device helped it work better too.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
On S10+ I would have a lot of fails but so far on Note 10+ I am close to 99%. I know on S10 people had better luck adding same fingerprint to multiple entries.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
It's not the greatest but I can live with it. I had setup trusted places and devices so that helps. I only need to use the fingerprint unlock when I'm out and about.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Mines been great on this phone compared to the s10 plus I had. Anytime I scan a finger I'm always changing its position each time I put it down when its scanning and that always helps.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Just tried to redo my fingerprint using the same one twice and still doesn't work as it's advertised. Any other thoughts.
Return it for another phone. Like I said, with my S10 I tried all the tricks and nothing worked. I thought it was just my fingers, but now that it works so well on my note I assume it was just defective sensor.

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Whether it's been on my Note 8, S 10+ or not my Note 10+ I've always seemed to get good results with the fps, not sure if it's because I'll always unlock the phone with the same thumb so will scan the same thumb like 3-4 times and then always get decent results.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I turned LIFT TO WAKE on and have the face scanner as an unlocking option as well. When I pick up my phone, the face scanner unlocks it before I get time to place my finger in the correct FPS location.

^This

But coming from the oneplus 7 pro I found that had to leave my thumb on the sensor a little bit longer. The oneplus was almost instantaneous.

SNOOP97DAWG

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You can always increase touch sensitivity on display settings. Which you would need to do if you were adding any aftermarket screen protector. ;)

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
OP.. I think you have a defective fps sensor. Mine works instantaneously. With an after market screen protector on (zagg). I only had it tell me once to leave my finger on the sensor longer. This was after removing the whitestone dome glass screen protector I screwed up putting on.

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Give samsung a chance. The official launch is 30 Aug. So many got the phone a week early. When the s10 came out after a few updates it was spot on. I mean please all this moaning and complaining have patience.. You wanted the phone early... Samsung was very good with updates for the s10.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Give samsung a chance. The official launch is 30 Aug. So many got the phone a week early. When the s10 came out after a few updates it was spot on. I mean please all this moaning and complaining have patience.. You wanted the phone early... Samsung was very good with updates for the s10.

I agree but release date was August 23rd.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There are a bunch of YouTube videos showing tips on how to get it to work 99% of the time. Like registering your finger twice. Holding the phone the way you would normally do and then registering the finger.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Me personally find it quicker then s10+ , but agree that there should be some haptic feedback.
Yeah I remember when I got the S10+ I wasn't too happy with the FPS but with this one it isn't that bad. I know they say it's the same one and nothing changed, may be it being a bit higher helped me or something. But I'm having a much better experience with FPS on the Note 10 when compared to S10.

Overall still not the same as traditional FPS or even the optical ones like that on OnePlus but better than S10 for me.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
At first it was awkward, but now I realize that you don't have to mega press on the screen. Just a firm press and let go. The lack of haptic feedback makes people think (including me) that you have to press harder because the screen doesn't respond immediately. But if you give a firm press and let go, the screen will come unlocked. When I started, I was pressing so hard and leaving my finger on the screen until the screen unlocked. Now I'm ok with it because I realize I don't need to leave my finger on the screen.

Need haptic feedback!!

Oh, and yes, it works for me like 99% of the time too with the Samsung installed protector on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish