08-30-2019 04:28 AM
41 12
tools
    I think for the first time ever Samsung Email didn't come preinstalled with the Note. I had to download it through the play store too.
    08-26-2019 05:11 PM
    To be honest. I use neither. I use Outlook. It allows me to access my company email (Google) and my college email (Exchange), and my email (Outlook). The only downside is that it doesn't use the the phone's theme.
    08-26-2019 07:49 PM
    I never liked the gmail so if it is the choice between the two, I will use Samsungs Email. I used to but now I use Newton since it has an alexa skill that reads all of my emails no matter who I have an account with.
    08-27-2019 04:55 AM
    Pull down the notification bar. On the right you will see the power button icon and a gear. Pull the navigation bar down again. Now you should see the 3 dots to the right of the gear. Click the 3 dots and the click "Status bar". There you can enable the battery percentage.
    thanks for that, could not find it either and really missed it.
    08-27-2019 04:56 AM
    I bgg use Bluemail, an email app that I really enjoy its quick and has some nice features and a nice layout.

Work email is the Microsoft Outlook app.
    08-27-2019 04:59 AM
    In my opinion as far as business/work emails app go Microsoft Outlook is the undisputed king, especially after the UI overhaul.

As for Samsung mail vs Gmail, I prefer Gmail as it seems more thought out and colourful. The promotions are quite annoying, although to be fair the AI does its best to sort them into ‘promotions’, spam etc. Samsung’s mail app is competent but for me struggles to stand out.
    08-27-2019 02:12 PM
    Am I missing it.... because my note 10 doesn't have an email app. I was looking for it.
    Samsung has replaced their legacy email app with Outlook. Been using that for a week now and can’t really complain
    08-27-2019 02:15 PM
    I started to use both when ingot my first Samsung Device with the Note7. Then I realized it was kind of redundant to use them at the same time as well as BlackBerry Hub, which is what I was using before I moved to Android. I still only use BlackBerry Hub.
    08-27-2019 02:44 PM
    I've been using Outlook email app lately myself. I rather like the "Focused" and "Other" tabs that help to filter out important emails versus other stuff. The problem with having too many email apps is that I get crazy redundant notifications for the same emails on both my phone and smartwatch...duh! So I've had to disable alerts from various apps that perform the same email function.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-27-2019 02:53 PM
    Samsung has replaced their legacy email app with Outlook. Been using that for a week now and can’t really complain
    The only problem is missing integration with native calendar.
    08-29-2019 10:56 AM
    I use Samsung's email app over Gmail because I've been using it for so long w/o issue.
    Chris Williams8 likes this.
    08-29-2019 11:04 AM
    So I loaded my gmail account into the samsung email app and instantly had 1000 emails! The reason I had 1000 unread emails is bc with the gmail app it sorts out my primary emails like bills and actual info from the promotions and ads. So I never see the Junk ads/promos that stores send me, and my primary main stuff is always read and cleared. Is there a way to have the samsung email app follow this? I could care less about the junk/promos but I dont want to get 100 plus email notifications a day when its 99% junk
    08-29-2019 11:56 AM
    I use the factory app, Gmail and Outlook for different acct's I prefer to keep separate (I realize I can use one app for all even separate but I don't care for the aggregate inbox concept)

Cheers,
    BR
    08-29-2019 12:23 PM
    So I loaded my gmail account into the samsung email app and instantly had 1000 emails! The reason I had 1000 unread emails is bc with the gmail app it sorts out my primary emails like bills and actual info from the promotions and ads. So I never see the Junk ads/promos that stores send me, and my primary main stuff is always read and cleared. Is there a way to have the samsung email app follow this? I could care less about the junk/promos but I dont want to get 100 plus email notifications a day when its 99% junk
    I know Outlook does it easily, "focused" inbox vs other. Then set notification for focused only. It works well with a little bit of training I find. I do not recall a setting like that on the default Samsung email app, but I haven't used it in a year now due to serious synch issues with my personal account (which, despite not being a Microsoft account, works seamlessly with Outlook).
    mach1man likes this.
    08-29-2019 02:43 PM
    Wait, the Samsung email app follows the same themes you install on your phone, including a dark theme? Have they added a “delete” and “mark as read” option from the notification pull down?
    I'm not positive about how the theming works but light/dark mode definitely does. The "delete" option appears in the pulldown after you uncheck the "confirm deletions" toggle in the options menu.
    fernandez21 likes this.
    08-29-2019 06:56 PM
    I'm not positive about how the theming works but light/dark mode definitely does. The "delete" option appears in the pulldown after you uncheck the "confirm deletions" toggle in the options menu.
    Awesome! Thanks, now using Samsung email as my default.
    08-30-2019 04:28 AM
41 12