Best new software feature: Bixby Routines...the future is now! What Routines do you have programmed?

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally, programming your phone to do things is part of the One UI!!! I've been using this feature for many years from an app (auto switch) in the play store. The Note 10's Bixby Routines is the best software feature to be added on a phone in a very long time. It was also very recently part of a separate Samsung app by downloading Good Lock.

You are basically automating your phone by programming it to do something based on a condition.....making your smartphone smarter.

So far I have 12 Routines:

-Open my train app 8am
-Open my train app at 6pm
-Put my phone on vibrate when I get on the train M, T, TH
-Put my phone on mute when I got to work at 9am M,T,TH
-Unlock my phone, turn wifi on, volume up when I am home
-Open Skype for business at 9am on W,F when I work from home
-Turn my wifi off when I leave my house
-Open Pandora when I get in my car
-AOD is always on when charging. (my AOD is on schedule to go off between 2am and 7am.
-Open Google Music when I put my beats solo wireless headphones on for the gym
-Open Pandora when I connect to my Galaxy Buds
-Medium Power Saving mode at 5% (Unfortunately, I don't think it will go into Max power saving like it did on the good lock download to sip power. I already am always on medium power saving. I may download Good Lock just for max power saving option. I woke up Saturday with a dead battery after being out all night. Automatic Max Power switch preventing your phone from dying could be very valuable.)

I'm always open to good ideas for my phone to be more automated....post your routines!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-104803_Nova Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-104803_Nova Launcher.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Great stuff! I use this daily.

Go to bed - automatically at 10pm runs things to make sure any notifications won't go off, turns off wifi, slow things down with battery saver.

At home - automatically turns off mobile data and turns on wifi

at work - automatically turn on mobile data and wifi off (cannot use work's wifi), turns sounds to vibrate only

in a meeting button - when I push this it turns the phone into complete silence.

I love bixby routines. Back on my Note8 I used Bixby by voice to let it know I am at work. Now it knows by magic!

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
It's something I've never really looked at in detail but reading your post makes me think about adding some routines for sure.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow, I guess this is where the Routines app (from Good Lock) went to. I hadn't looked at it yet, and glad to see it in integrated now!

RandyJoshua

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
Finally, programming your phone to do things is part of the One UI!!! I've been using this feature for many years from an app (auto switch) in the play store. The Note 10's Bixby Routines is the best software feature to be added on a phone in a very long time. It was also very recently part of a separate Samsung app by downloading Good Lock.

You are basically automating your phone by programming it to do something based on a condition.....making your smartphone smarter.

-Open my train app 8am
-AOD is always on when charging. (my AOD is on schedule to go off between 2am and 7am.
-Medium Power Saving mode at 5% (Unfortunately, I don't think it will go into Max power saving like it did on the good lock download to sip power. I already am always on medium power saving. I may download Good Lock just for max power saving option. I woke up Saturday with a dead battery after being out all night. Automatic Max Power switch preventing your phone from dying could be very valuable.)

I'm always open to good ideas for my phone to be more automated....post your routines!
How did you managed to activate leave for work and at home routine? Because when I activate both of them he automatically activates both profiles.

And then he's doing exactly the opposite what needs to be doing haha

The routines I have
At home turn turn on wifi deactivate, turn off AOD, time out screen 1 min, NFC off

Leaving from home is the opposite from above with screen timeout 15 secs

At work same schedule as at home
And leaving work interfere with at home.

When opening camera DND mode.

Automatic screen turn when opening youtube gallery Google foto's and zoem others apps.

When charging AOD on

And at evenings between 22:00 and 06:00 and not charging battery saver on medium.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

-Open my train app 8am

Is "Bixby Routines" only available on the Note 10? I couldn't find it in the Google Play Store.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
If you guys really like Bixby over Google Assistant, but don't like the Side Key for Bixby, you can also remap the Google Assistant button to Bixby.

Settings > Apps; Go to Additional Options in the 3 Dots > Default Apps > Device Assistance App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So routines is no longer a part of Goodlock ? I doubt have my phone yet to check. I do use Routines on Goodlock and I love it.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
If you guys really like Bixby over Google Assistant, but don't like the Side Key for Bixby, you can also remap the Google Assistant button to Bixby.

Settings > Apps; Go to Additional Options in the 3 Dots > Default Apps > Device Assistance App

I threw up in my mouth after reading that.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
It's about time. I've been using the sound profile so 6 to handle this for Mr as all I need is to turn off my ringer at work. Some Motorola phones had this back in the day until Google bought them and tried to force assistant on us.

I ended up seeing up a start work and end work profile. The former is triggered by time and location. I'm going it tries to detect all the time so if I go to work later in the day, it doesn't trigger. But will when I get there. Not sure how it will work with lunch yet. May have to adjust this later. My end work profile goes just by time.

The interface for this is a little wonky. Seems overly simplified. I'm just not confident about how it works based on the screen, but I'm sure I'll figure it out pretty quickly.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
You guys are more prodigious users of Routines than I. I set up one to turn off wi-fi and unlock the phone when I'm driving, and another to turn on wi-fi and turn off sound when I'm at work. Also I've got an auto-detect routine to turn off everything but Bluetooth if I go to sleep without placing my phone on the charger.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You guys are more prodigious users of Routines than I. I set up one to turn off wi-fi and unlock the phone when I'm driving, and another to turn on wi-fi and turn off sound when I'm at work. Also I've got an auto-detect routine to turn off everything but Bluetooth if I go to sleep without placing my phone on the charger.
You aren't alone. All I set it up for is to turn my phone on vibrate for certain hours on nights I have to work. Thata all I had the brain power to set up and it took me weeks to get it right.lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon