Anyone have a good screen protector that actually stays adhered to the edges??

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought one from UniqueMe and it's fine for the exception of the curved edges. They immediately came unstuck after an otherwise perfect installation. I need something that actually sticks everywhere.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I bought one from UniqueMe and it's fine for the exception of the curved edges. They immediately came unstuck after an otherwise perfect installation. I need something that actually sticks everywhere.
Ony one since my s8+ with curved screens up to now is White Stone Dome

Last edited:

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The screen protector that came installed from Samsung out of the box was not only near perfectly placed, but I have left it intact.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I took one off my stepdaughter's s10 and it seemed much thinner than I recall screen protectors being. Mind you, v it's been a long while since I've used a soft one so I may be out of touch. But using a thinner one seems to make the most sense. It would probably be more flexible so it stays on the edges better. It would also have the least effect on the fps. And thinner materials would be harder to the touch as you would feel more of the harness of the surface underneath. This would be particularly helpful with the stylus. That said, no matter what, I think it's going to be difficult to able to apply it as well placed as the factory did. I'm guessing they are using a machine in a well controlled dust free environment.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

i would recommend getting the Official Samsung version...

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had several Galaxy phones with curved screens and it's pretty much Whitestone Dome or bust. They are the only screen protector that has adhesive that extends to the edges (well pretty much all over). They are easy to install and I recommend referencing a YouTube vid so that you get it right. The results are well worth the price.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I've had several Galaxy phones with curved screens and it's pretty much Whitestone Dome or bust. They are the only screen protector that has adhesive that extends to the edges (well pretty much all over). They are easy to install and I recommend referencing a YouTube vid so that you get it right. The results are well worth the price.
Bodyguardz released the Arc with full adhesive. I'm testing it out on my s9plus now.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the original Note Edge and screen protector challenges, and it wasn't until the Note 8 that I first tried Whitestone Dome Tempered glass. It was the first thing that I ordered after I placed my Note 10+ pre-order. Yes, it's more expensive than others, but for me, it's worth it.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the original Note Edge and screen protector challenges, and it wasn't until the Note 8 that I first tried Whitestone Dome Tempered glass. It was the first thing that I ordered after I placed my Note 10+ pre-order. Yes, it's more expensive than others, but for me, it's worth it.
Are you using it now? How does it work with the fingerprint scanner and other touch responses? Also how much thicker does it make your phone? I want to keep mine as thin as possible.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you using it now? How does it work with the fingerprint scanner and other touch responses? Also how much thicker does it make your phone? I want to keep mine as thin as possible.

I'm using it now on my Note 8. My pre-order was made the last day you could order, so my phone doesn't ship until 9/10 (very sad). I plan to follow directions that are online specifically for installing with use of the FPS - and those I've seen - it works fine. It doesn't make your phone much thicker, and it feels just like using your phone naked (it IS glass afterall - LOL). Touch responses on my Note 8 are perfect.

BUT - even though my phone isn't here for another 2 weeks (hopefully sooner if Verizon gets their stock in sooner), I was confident enough about the Whitestone Dome that I didn't even have to think twice about using it on the Note 10+ and ordering it right away - it's probably the first thing I'll do with the phone - install the WSD screen protector. The reviewers I've seen are able to use the FBS just fine with it (it involves pressing down on the FPS slightly BEFORE the second cure and then re-registering your fingerprint).

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm using it now on my Note 8. My pre-order was made the last day you could order, so my phone doesn't ship until 9/10 (very sad). I plan to follow directions that are online specifically for installing with use of the FPS - and those I've seen - it works fine. It doesn't make your phone much thicker, and it feels just like using your phone naked (it IS glass afterall - LOL). Touch responses on my Note 8 are perfect.

BUT - even though my phone isn't here for another 2 weeks (hopefully sooner if Verizon gets their stock in sooner), I was confident enough about the Whitestone Dome that I didn't even have to think twice about using it on the Note 10+ and ordering it right away - it's probably the first thing I'll do with the phone - install the WSD screen protector. The reviewers I've seen are able to use the FBS just fine with it (it involves pressing down on the FPS slightly BEFORE the second cure and then re-registering your fingerprint).
I may have to give it a shot. Hopefully I don't screw up the installation process. Looks a little complicated.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I installed Whitestone as well. Never had one lift up. From what I recall on S10 forum the preinstalled start coming up after a month or 2. You can read over there if you prefer. Mustang may remember as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12