Android System - Battery issues!

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Grain of salt here because I do not have my N10+ yet ... but I am an AT&T user on a N9, and after an update I suddenly had this issue. Android system is draining my battery pretty heavily, even after a lot of adjustments on my end trying to resolve it. Pretty disappointing to hear it may persist with the N10+ and that it may be an AT&T thing. Figures...

Very interesting indeed. Sorry to hear it is across other devices, but really does point the finger at an ATT update. hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Very interesting indeed. Sorry to hear it is across other devices, but really does point the finger at an ATT update. hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I didn't get any AT&T update after the Day 1 updates. I also haven't checked for any other updates, but it wouldn't make sense that it's affecting everyone on 2 different devices, and within the same time if they're not all on the same updates. Would you happen to know your software numbers, maybe I can see what I am on to see if it's the same or different?

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I am at Build number PPR1.180610.011.N975USQU1ASH4

Kernel version : 4.14.83-16618444

I didn't get any AT&T update after the Day 1 updates. I also haven't checked for any other updates, but it wouldn't make sense that it's affecting everyone on 2 different devices, and within the same time if they're not all on the same updates. Would you happen to know your software numbers, maybe I can see what I am on to see if it's the same or different?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So did some poking around, and this is really ridiculous... Android System has used up nearly 50% battery at the time I took this screen shot!

I will say, I've been off the charger since a out 445am, about 14hrs as I write this, but this has been happening for 2 days straight and worse today than yesterday. The first 3 days I got at least 20hrs+ battery usage, before I got to 25% left. Today, I barely got 8-9 hours. I really hope it gets better over the next 2 days.

Attachments

• 14002.jpg
    14002.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 84

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Nothing to do with AT&T for me as I'm in England but the day before my battery started to be awful I done the August security patch, still awful now 3 days later with Android system using 19% battery.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I turned my phone completely off last night, let it slow charge on the wireless charger, and took it off the charger as soon as I saw it hit 100%. I just turned it back on, and left it alone as I'm getting ready for work. I'll monitor it today, but I'm thinking I'll have to wipe it and start over. I did some research last night, and while "Android System" is a normal generic application, it's not normal to be so high, and the culprit is usually a bad app. Another short term solution is to clear the system cache, bit I don't recall how to do that, as the keystrokes after powering down did nothing.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
So a number of apps got updated yesterday. Eversince...back to good battery. Including screenshot in case any might have these apps.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190829-071846_Google Play Store.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190829-071846_Google Play Store.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 34

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Also Strava which I could not fit on the screen

You can scroll screen capture with the notes :)

I had a few update yesterday as well, but they're not all the same as your apps. My Android System is still the highest % usage on my phone right now. It does seem to be a tad bit better today.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
You can scroll screen capture with the notes :)

I had a few update yesterday as well, but they're not all the same as your apps. My Android System is still the highest % usage on my phone right now. It does seem to be a tad bit better today.

Here's where I am today...

Attachments

• 14017.jpg
    14017.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 64

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I’m on AT&T too and have this problem. I’ve also noticed that some of the AT&T bloatware that I’ve disable had re-enabled themselves and even updated themselves. I tried a factory wipe last night, but this morning it once again had some of the bloatware re-installed (along with some setting being changed.

So this morning I did another wipe, but this time I didn’t log into my google account or Samsung account at startup, and set it up brand new. Then after it did it’s initial updates and downloaded the bloatware, I disabled them all again and then set up my google and Samsung accounts in settings. Then I only restored my call log and messages from my Samsung backup.

So far everything has been good today, but will see how things go in the next couple of days.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I’m on AT&T too and have this problem. I’ve also noticed that some of the AT&T bloatware that I’ve disable had re-enabled themselves and even updated themselves. I tried a factory wipe last night, but this morning it once again had some of the bloatware re-installed (along with some setting being changed.

So this morning I did another wipe, but this time I didn’t log into my google account or Samsung account at startup, and set it up brand new. Then after it did it’s initial updates and downloaded the bloatware, I disabled them all again and then set up my google and Samsung accounts in settings. Then I only restored my call log and messages from my Samsung backup.

So far everything has been good today, but will see how things go in the next couple of days.

This is what I have planned for this weekend.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Nope, still draining fast, android system using more battery that the screen. Great, this means it was probably the day 1 update causing this which means now I'll have to wait on at&t for an update.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope, still draining fast, android system using more battery that the screen. Great, this means it was probably the day 1 update causing this which means now I'll have to wait on at&t for an update.
Most likely a bug , probably have to wait it out until next update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton