Android System - Battery issues!

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
So, was rocking on battery life for days. All of a sudden "Android System" starts to be at the top of the list of battery consumers. yesterday I only got 2 hours and 40 min of SOT with 30% battery left. This is significantly less than what I was getting.

Anyone else experience this? What services would peg Android System?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
So, was rocking on battery life for days. All of a sudden "Android System" starts to be at the top of the list of battery consumers. yesterday I only got 2 hours and 40 min of SOT with 30% battery left. This is significantly less than what I was getting.

Don't have the Note 10 yet, but I have had similar problems with Android System and the impact on battery life across all three of my Samsung phones (including my Note 9). (Sorry I don't actually have a helpful response.)

Last edited:

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
No problem LOL. I appreciate the empathy

Don't have the Note 10 yet, but I have had similar problems with Android System and the impact on battery life across all three of my Samsung phones (including my Note 10). (Sorry I don't actually have a helpful response.)

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

My Android System is never that high. Try putting your device into medium/maximum power saving mode. Then switch it back to whatever you had set up.

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I came here to look for this! My Note10+ battery life has been tremendous since I got it last Thursday. Today, it's going by so fast! Android System is the culprit. I've wiped Cache Partition and rebooted to be avail. Really frustrating.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I came here to look for this! My Note10+ battery life has been tremendous since I got it last Thursday. Today, it's going by so fast! Android System is the culprit. I've wiped Cache Partition and rebooted to be avail. Really frustrating.

I am wondering if it was an update that may have loaded the past few days. None of the fixes have worked for me yet.

PinkLipstick

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Android System is using 8% of my battery as of now. I did see that you have the option of turning off Android System and stopping it from running in the background. Maybe this will help (shoulder shrug). I haven't had a problem with my battery life so far.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Android System is using 8% of my battery as of now. I did see that you have the option of turning off Android System and stopping it from running in the background. Maybe this will help (shoulder shrug). I haven't had a problem with my battery life so far.

My understanding is that can mess with the functioning of your phone so it is not advisable.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

Same here. Mines eating it up today.
b6b97e98808366ef691bdd9e500f10ce.jpg

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
When you are in your battery settings click on Android System and there will be a setting to restrict it working in the background, so make sure 'Allow Background Activity' is restricted.
Every time your phone reboots this setting will default to allowing background activity.