Note 10+ apps taking long to download/install from google play store when on WiFi

Mohammed Sheraze

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I got my Note 10+ about 4 days ago and noticed that apps are taking unusually long to download and install. Apps keep saying "Waiting for Download" and when it does start downloading it'll get stuck at random percentages then continue again after a while.

The apps do eventually install but this delay continues for each app that I have queued. When I was switching over from my S8+ to the note 10+ it took ages to download all the apps (left it overnight and still was not complete in the morning). I cannot pin point what the exact issue is. Below are the thing I have already tried.

1. Cleard the cache and data on the google play app
  2. Cleared the cache and data on the google play services app
  3. Factory reset the network settings on my phone
  4. Tested on my modem's WiFi
  5. Disabled the modem's WiFi and then tested on my router's WiFi
  6. Rebooted my modem and router to see if that resolves the issue
  7. Ran speed tests and getting 70 down and 10 up with 12ms ping (so I don't think its the speed as everything else downloads/works perfectly)
  8. Tested on my LTE network and everything works fine (apps download right away and quickly moves on to the next one)

I have also checked my google apps setting to see if data saver or some other setting must be causing this but could not find anything that would cause this. The only thing that I have not done is a full factory reset and would like to leave that as a super last resort because its takes a long time to get all the apps downloaded again (specially if the factory reset does not resolve the issue).

Any suggestions on what I can try to get this working correctly again will be super appreciated.

Mohammed Sheraze

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Tested the wifi at my work and my sister's house and both worked fine so its definitely my wifi. My router (tp link archer c4000) did not have an option to turn off QoS but I set it to standard so no devices are prioritized. IPv6 was also disabled. Changing the setting has improved the speeds but its still not as fast as when I'm connected to other networks. I'm going to play around in the settings more to see what could be blocking this (router has built in firewall and antivirus which could be interfering).

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tested the wifi at my work and my sister's house and both worked fine so its definitely my wifi. My router (tp link archer c4000) did not have an option to turn off QoS but I set it to standard so no devices are prioritized. IPv6 was also disabled. Changing the setting has improved the speeds but its still not as fast as when I'm connected to other networks. I'm going to play around in the settings more to see what could be blocking this (router has built in firewall and antivirus which could be interfering).

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
Your welcome!