Hi all,

I switched from iPhone over to the note 10 plus. Absolutely loving the phone.

I bought the unlocked version from Samsung was the trade in deal was very enticing. Unfortunately I have come to see that I cannot enable wifi calling on ATT on this phone. It sucks but my own fault for not reading up on this. I really miss the enhanced calling features. Any recommendations on what I can do to get wifi calling back? My thought was to sell this phone for whatever I can, buy the ATT version and eat the loss.
    08-28-2019 03:10 AM
    [QUOTE=C_Richards97;6623181]Hi all,

I bought the unlocked version from Samsung was the trade in deal was very enticing. Unfortunately I have come to see that I cannot enable wifi calling on ATT on this phone. It sucks but my own fault for not reading up on this. I really miss the enhanced calling features. Any recommendations on what I can do to get wifi calling back? My thought was to sell this phone for whatever I can, buy the ATT version and eat the loss.[/QUOTE @C_Richards97,
    Check out this thread on XDA-Developers then search & do lots of reading for posts on Flashing AT$T firmware on an unlocked phone. It's actually pretty easy but you must use a Windows PC.
    I flashed my Unlocked phone with ATT Firmware & once again have WiFi calling, HD Voice, VoLTE, Video calling, Visual Voicemail.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...3&share_type=t

If I wasn't able to flash the firmware I was going to return it as well. Love this Note 10+ but it's necessary for me to have wifi calling since I have poor service in my home.
    SARCtech likes this.
    08-28-2019 03:45 AM
    Did flashiing the firmware give you wifi calling and volte?
    08-28-2019 09:24 AM
    I would recommend flashing it to carrier firmware , instead of buying another phone and trying sell yours.
    Hi all,

I bought the unlocked version from Samsung was the trade in deal was very enticing. Unfortunately I have come to see that I cannot enable wifi calling on ATT on this phone. It sucks but my own fault for not reading up on this. I really miss the enhanced calling features. Any recommendations on what I can do to get wifi calling back? My thought was to sell this phone for whatever I can, buy the ATT version and eat the loss.
    08-28-2019 11:34 AM
    TMobile doesn't block anything but I know AT&T does they suck.
    burrzoo, bhatech and robbz94 like this.
    08-28-2019 11:37 AM
    TMobile doesn't block anything but I know AT&T does they suck.
    Yeah , tmobile great on the unlocked version
    08-28-2019 11:37 AM
    Did flashiing the firmware give you wifi calling and volte?
    On AT$T it did. See my post above with the list of what I got back.
    08-28-2019 11:41 AM
    Thanks, did flashing require a reset? Coming back to android after a few years away, but used to flash phones in the past just not up on the latest processes.
    08-28-2019 12:17 PM
    Why don't you just return it and get the AT&T model?
    08-28-2019 12:23 PM
    Thanks, did flashing require a reset? Coming back to android after a few years away, but used to flash phones in the past just not up on the latest processes.
    If you use home CSC file should be ok , but would recommend full restore , but always back things up just in case.
    So it would go like this
    Bl file in Bl slot
    AP file in AP slot
    CP file in CP slot
    CSC file in CSC spot or home CSC in this spot to save data.
    08-28-2019 12:26 PM
    If you use home CSC file should be ok , but would recommend full restore , but always back things up just in case.
    So it would go like this
    Bl file in Bl slot
    AP file in AP slot
    CP file in CP slot
    CSC file in CSC spot or home CSC in this spot to save data.
    How do you get the home CSC file?
    09-03-2019 07:26 PM
    How do you get the home CSC file?
    It should be in the file you downloaded and extract
    09-03-2019 07:27 PM
    What is the difference between your unlocked model flashed with the at&t firmware and a one bought directly from at&t? Do you still get bloatware? Do you get any of the unlocked features that at&t blocks from Samsung (such as the built in caller id)?
    09-03-2019 10:34 PM
    What is the difference between your unlocked model flashed with the at&t firmware and a one bought directly from at&t? Do you still get bloatware? Do you get any of the unlocked features that at&t blocks from Samsung (such as the built in caller id)?
    Unlocked model flashed to Att carrier version is exactly like the one you purchased from Att
    fernandez21 and nuangel2 like this.
    09-03-2019 10:37 PM
    All US models are same hardware, only difference is software (firmware). So if you flash AT&T firmware (software) on any other US model (unlocked/T-Mobile/Verizon etc) then you are converting that phone to AT&T model. Basically as if you bought from AT&T and all future updates will come via AT&T since it's AT&T model now. It'll also have all the bloat and everything else AT&T has done
    nuangel2 and fernandez21 like this.
    09-03-2019 11:04 PM
    So once you flash the new Rom what happens to the phone? Do you loose everything? Do you have to re load everything like it's a brand new phone ?
    10-12-2019 11:12 PM
    It's more of an At&T firmware you're flashing to the unlocked phone. I myself purchased the unlocked Note 10+ from Samsung and had nothing but PROBLEMS on AT&T network. I called Samsung quite a few times and they tole me to call my Carrier. Of course AT&T would tell me to call Samsung to troubleshoot. Long story short, I headed over to XDA, downloaded the files, and found a great tutorial on YouTube. I successfully flashed the phone and on boot up got AT&T logo & bootup sound. It also installed a BUNCH of bloatware. I now have all the AT&T features back PLUS my 5G service. If you do decide to do this flash, run a backup in Smartswitch app, factory wipe the phone, place into download mode, use Odin patched on Windows making sure to right click and run as Administrator, load files, and wait. I flashed my phone twice with the 2 different firmwares and all was successful.
    nuangel2 likes this.
    10-13-2019 03:16 PM
    AT&T unlocked can get all AT&T features, there's a tutorial on how to do this, anyway just thought i mention it.
    10-14-2019 02:19 PM
    AT&T unlocked can get all AT&T features, there's a tutorial on how to do this, anyway just thought i mention it.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...3957648/page67
    Can find on link XDA to have all features AT&T on unlocked.
    10-14-2019 02:30 PM
    Worth it? I'm using unlocked with T-Mobile Network. I assume TMobile firmware is different than unlock?
    10-15-2019 04:52 PM
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...3957648/page67
    Can find on link XDA to have all features AT&T on unlocked.
    Follow the information in this thread. I have all of the Att features after flashing. Another thing that also might help is using a SIM card that was previously used in an ATT phone.
    You might not get future OTA (over-the-air) updates but can always flash the latest firmware without losing your data.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    10-15-2019 05:01 PM