I'm not meant to get a 10+ 5G

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
looks like I'm just not meant to get one :)
My Samsung pre-order from launch date I had to cancel because it turned out to be the 4G 256gb version sold here.
I waited until after launch to buy via a 3rd party instead and yesterday found a 5G/512gb that I didn't have to wait until October/November to get delivered to here, so I paid the 1293 Euros (ouch it hurts lol)
then the 10% discount code given didn't work and they told me that they couldn't apply it and I would have to cancel and place a new order.
Now I'm waiting for a refund and the discount code is still not working when I try and place the order again :-(
Hoping now I can find one in a shop when on holidays in Spain next week but it seems like the 5G/512gb version is mainly reserved for carriers/providers and mine only sells the 4G for now....
Anyways my Note 9 8gb/512gb is only a month old so I'll live I guess :)
1st world problems and all that

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
looks like I'm just not meant to get one :)
My Samsung pre-order from launch date I had to cancel because it turned out to be the 4G 256gb version sold here.
I waited until after launch to buy via a 3rd party instead and yesterday found a 5G/512gb that I didn't have to wait until October/November to get delivered to here, so I paid the 1293 Euros (ouch it hurts lol)
then the 10% discount code given didn't work and they told me that they couldn't apply it and I would have to cancel and place a new order.
Now I'm waiting for a refund and the discount code is still not working when I try and place the order again :-(
Hoping now I can find one in a shop when on holidays in Spain next week but it seems like the 5G/512gb version is mainly reserved for carriers/providers and mine only sells the 4G for now....
Anyways my Note 9 8gb/512gb is only a month old so I'll live I guess :)
1st world problems and all that

do you really need 5G?if not try getting the 4G/512.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I can't say that I *NEED IT* as I have good 4g where I live and work plus free WiFi almost everywhere but my carrier/provider launched 5G this month and it is included for free in my current plan, 5G masts are literally outside my window so it would be silly not to get a 5G version, it will most likely have better resale value as well as being easier to sell in a years time (we don't get trade ins and promotions here)

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Right outside your window it must really hurt. I am sure you will get what you want soon enough. I picked up the 5G version knowing that my carrier will not provide this service for a few more months but I will have the phone for at least two years so it's ok.

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Hell I would be happy if Verizon would get 4G working where I work. With in 5 min of me leaving home heading to work my coverage is so crappy, it drops down to maybe 1 bar of X1 speed. Every once in a while I can get 1 bar of 3G. I just wish carriers would try to perfect the current standard (4G).

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can't say that I *NEED IT* as I have good 4g where I live and work plus free WiFi almost everywhere but my carrier/provider launched 5G this month and it is included for free in my current plan, 5G masts are literally outside my window so it would be silly not to get a 5G version, it will most likely have better resale value as well as being easier to sell in a years time (we don't get trade ins and promotions here)

Okay so your area has 5G but doesn't have trade ins and promotions... I thought Indonesia was the worse lmao. Where are you from btw.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay so your area has 5G but doesn't have trade ins and promotions... I thought Indonesia was the worse lmao. Where are you from btw.

I'm living in Dublin, Ireland and I guess it is considered to small a market to make any effort in as regards to promotions etc. got the dex with the Note 8 alright but besides that we only get a subsidised phone with a new 24 month contract, only paid 399 for one of my Note 8 back then but that's the height of what we get

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, if you're going to spend over a grand for a phone now, I would most definitely get the 5G version and not one that's already dated when you take it out of the box. I mean these things have to last a few years at that price.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Today I have been to 4 different stores including a Samsung experience store and even there I couldn't get a 5G version :-(

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Uff.
Time to hop on a Stena. .

Good luck in your search. Who is your provider with 5G. ( 4 weeks until my current sim, O2, turn it on here in Edinburgh)
Today I have been to 4 different stores including a Samsung experience store and even there I couldn't get a 5G version :-(

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Uff.
Time to hop on a Stena. .

Good luck in your search. Who is your provider with 5G. ( 4 weeks until my current sim, O2, turn it on here in Edinburgh)

I'm vodafone in Ireland but they don't have it and no idea when they will, I'm in Spain at the moment and here vodafone are supposed to have but none in stock in the shops I've found, that's why I went to the Samsung shop thinking I would get it there.
I found a Xiaomi store though which was interesting and got a look at a Huawei P30 Pro in a different shop and was tempted a little because of the camera but I didn't really like the way they did the curved sides of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol