Initiating Samsung Pay

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping this would be fixed by now, but it isn't. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen should open Samsung Pay, but it doesn't always work, which is a real pain when I go to pay for something. On my Note 8, I could remap the Bixby button to initiate Samsung Pay, but now with one-less button, there's no way to do this, without losing the mappings I want for the side-key (power off and camera).

Any ideas how to easily & reliably invoke Samsung Pay on the Note 10?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping this would be fixed by now, but it isn't. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen should open Samsung Pay, but it doesn't always work, which is a real pain when I go to pay for something. On my Note 8, I could remap the Bixby button to initiate Samsung Pay, but now with one-less button, there's no way to do this, without losing the mappings I want for the side-key (power off and camera).

Any ideas how to easily & reliably invoke Samsung Pay on the Note 10?
Are you using Nova Launcher? I know with that, I dont have that Samsung Pay tab either. For now I just have the app button on my home screen.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you using Nova Launcher? I know with that, I dont have that Samsung Pay tab either. For now I just have the app button on my home screen.

I am using Nova launcher and I am able to swipe up to use my samsung pay. There is an option in Samsung pay settings that removes that so maybe you accidentally turned it off?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nova launcher and I am able to swipe up to use my samsung pay. There is an option in Samsung pay settings that removes that so maybe you accidentally turned it off?

After I reboot my phone, the swipe-up works for a while, but stops working at some point. I had contacted Nova about this when I had the Note 8, and they indicated that they knew about this, and it was an issue with Samsung - they said there was nothing they could do to fix it until Samsung fixed the issue.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
After I reboot my phone, the swipe-up works for a while, but stops working at some point. I had contacted Nova about this when I had the Note 8, and they indicated that they knew about this, and it was an issue with Samsung - they said there was nothing they could do to fix it until Samsung fixed the issue.
Oh interesting, so it works for a while and then stops? Then probably there is a bug somewhere. Honestly I don't prefer Samsung pay favorite cards on the home screen anyway since it interferes with other gestures. I like it best on the screen off or lock screen

Hopefully, this is resolved soon.

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, if you are using nova and use the swipe up to open app it seems to make the samsung pay go away, I also went with the swipe up on the nav bar so I didn't have annoying buttons. In nova I fixed this by doing a gesture of pinch in to open samsung pay and as a back up if I only have one hand available I used swipe up icon on one of my apps to open samsung pay. It doesnt bring the card up right away you still have to pick it, but for me since I have some features picked to work the way I want, this as a work around does not bother me.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue, if you are using nova and use the swipe up to open app it seems to make the samsung pay go away, I also went with the swipe up on the nav bar so I didn't have annoying buttons. In nova I fixed this by doing a gesture of pinch in to open samsung pay and as a back up if I only have one hand available I used swipe up icon on one of my apps to open samsung pay. It doesnt bring the card up right away you still have to pick it, but for me since I have some features picked to work the way I want, this as a work around does not bother me.

How did you set up a "pinch gesture"?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
since the last major smart launcher update, I have had the same problem first on my note 8 and now the note 10. Works great with samsungs launcher. I just started going to the lock screen and it works from there within the launcher. I may eventually go back to using google pay to avoid those extra steps. That is what I ended up doing on the note 8.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Is Samsung Pay better than Google Pay?

they both have good and bad. with google pay, you just log onto your phone and use it. samsung pay, you have to slide up then authenticate unless you use some launchers then there may be a couple more steps. google pay you have to log into the app to switch cards, samsung pay, you just slide to the next card after sliding up. so as to whether samsung pay is better or not, it really depends on your usage.