09-02-2019 02:24 PM
44 12
tools
    I was hoping this would be fixed by now, but it isn't. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen should open Samsung Pay, but it doesn't always work, which is a real pain when I go to pay for something. On my Note 8, I could remap the Bixby button to initiate Samsung Pay, but now with one-less button, there's no way to do this, without losing the mappings I want for the side-key (power off and camera).

Any ideas how to easily & reliably invoke Samsung Pay on the Note 10?
    08-29-2019 07:29 AM
    I was hoping this would be fixed by now, but it isn't. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen should open Samsung Pay, but it doesn't always work, which is a real pain when I go to pay for something. On my Note 8, I could remap the Bixby button to initiate Samsung Pay, but now with one-less button, there's no way to do this, without losing the mappings I want for the side-key (power off and camera).

Any ideas how to easily & reliably invoke Samsung Pay on the Note 10?
    Are you using Nova Launcher? I know with that, I dont have that Samsung Pay tab either. For now I just have the app button on my home screen.
    08-29-2019 08:15 AM
    Are you using Nova Launcher? I know with that, I dont have that Samsung Pay tab either. For now I just have the app button on my home screen.
    Yes - I'm using the Nova Launcher.
    08-29-2019 08:30 AM
    personally I use the tap and swipe gesture to initiate Samsung pay
    08-29-2019 09:41 AM
    Why don't you have the tab with Nova? Mine is there .
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-29-2019 09:45 AM
    See I don't have it with mine but if I remove nova and go stock launcher, it's there. Odd. I update my apps daily
    08-29-2019 09:56 AM
    Yeah that's super strange.i wonder if there's something in the settings preventing it from showing up.
    See I don't have it with mine but if I remove nova and go stock launcher, it's there. Odd. I update my apps daily
    08-29-2019 10:03 AM
    I am using Nova launcher and I am able to swipe up to use my samsung pay. There is an option in Samsung pay settings that removes that so maybe you accidentally turned it off?
    08-29-2019 10:05 AM
    I am using Nova launcher and I am able to swipe up to use my samsung pay. There is an option in Samsung pay settings that removes that so maybe you accidentally turned it off?
    After I reboot my phone, the swipe-up works for a while, but stops working at some point. I had contacted Nova about this when I had the Note 8, and they indicated that they knew about this, and it was an issue with Samsung - they said there was nothing they could do to fix it until Samsung fixed the issue.
    08-29-2019 10:17 AM
    08-29-2019 10:22 AM
    After I reboot my phone, the swipe-up works for a while, but stops working at some point. I had contacted Nova about this when I had the Note 8, and they indicated that they knew about this, and it was an issue with Samsung - they said there was nothing they could do to fix it until Samsung fixed the issue.
    Oh interesting, so it works for a while and then stops? Then probably there is a bug somewhere. Honestly I don't prefer Samsung pay favorite cards on the home screen anyway since it interferes with other gestures. I like it best on the screen off or lock screen

Hopefully, this is resolved soon.
    08-29-2019 10:25 AM
    I had the same issue, if you are using nova and use the swipe up to open app it seems to make the samsung pay go away, I also went with the swipe up on the nav bar so I didn't have annoying buttons. In nova I fixed this by doing a gesture of pinch in to open samsung pay and as a back up if I only have one hand available I used swipe up icon on one of my apps to open samsung pay. It doesnt bring the card up right away you still have to pick it, but for me since I have some features picked to work the way I want, this as a work around does not bother me.
    08-29-2019 01:05 PM
    I had the same issue, if you are using nova and use the swipe up to open app it seems to make the samsung pay go away, I also went with the swipe up on the nav bar so I didn't have annoying buttons. In nova I fixed this by doing a gesture of pinch in to open samsung pay and as a back up if I only have one hand available I used swipe up icon on one of my apps to open samsung pay. It doesnt bring the card up right away you still have to pick it, but for me since I have some features picked to work the way I want, this as a work around does not bother me.
    How did you set up a "pinch gesture"?
    08-29-2019 01:17 PM
    Mine also on the N9. What bugs me is swiping up for my apps but launching Samsung Pay instead. I hate that. I haven't even set it up yet on the 10+.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    08-29-2019 01:33 PM
    How did you set up a "pinch gesture"?
    Nova Settings - Gestures - Pinch in. You can set whatever action or app you want to launch. There are many other gestures there if you want to play around.
    08-29-2019 01:44 PM
    With the Samsung stock launcher you can remap the power button to open any app you want by double tapping. Initiating Samsung Pay-screenshot_20190829-145056_settings.jpeg
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-29-2019 01:51 PM
    since the last major smart launcher update, I have had the same problem first on my note 8 and now the note 10. Works great with samsungs launcher. I just started going to the lock screen and it works from there within the launcher. I may eventually go back to using google pay to avoid those extra steps. That is what I ended up doing on the note 8.
    08-29-2019 02:35 PM
    I may eventually go back to using google pay
    thanks for reminding me. when I tried to get google pay they turned me down because they couldn't find my house. don't think I want them handling my cards so I didn't try again.
    08-29-2019 02:39 PM
    Is Samsung Pay better than Google Pay?
    08-29-2019 03:03 PM
    Is Samsung Pay better than Google Pay?

they both have good and bad. with google pay, you just log onto your phone and use it. samsung pay, you have to slide up then authenticate unless you use some launchers then there may be a couple more steps. google pay you have to log into the app to switch cards, samsung pay, you just slide to the next card after sliding up. so as to whether samsung pay is better or not, it really depends on your usage.
    jettie1767 likes this.
    08-29-2019 03:33 PM
    thanks for reminding me. when I tried to get google pay they turned me down because they couldn't find my house. don't think I want them handling my cards so I didn't try again.
    they just add the cards from the play store :-) I did not know if they cannot locate you, they will not let you use it.
    08-29-2019 03:35 PM
    they just add the cards from the play store :-) I did not know if they cannot locate you, they will not let you use it.

they tried to send me a physical card and I don't know if my one-horse post office made the mistake or they tried to find me on Maps or what happened, but I was declined twice for the card itself which meant I couldn't use google pay. and the dumb thing is, they have my cards and I've been using google since almost forever, at least a decade. made no sense to me so I gave up.
    08-29-2019 03:38 PM
    and it wasn't a credit card or anything. just a google pay physical card
    08-29-2019 03:39 PM
    they tried to send me a physical card and I don't know if my one-horse post office made the mistake or they tried to find me on Maps or what happened, but I was declined twice for the card itself which meant I couldn't use google pay. and the dumb thing is, they have my cards and I've been using google since almost forever, at least a decade. made no sense to me so I gave up.
    physical card??? I know they had a physical card when it was google wallet but it has since been discontinue. Not even sure if the card is good these days. I cut mine up when I was unable to use it because the phone was not compatible with mobile payments through them. that's been years ago. you should be okay now.
    08-29-2019 03:44 PM
    Keep in mind that Samsung Pay is really meant for the Samsung Stock launcher. That's why some of you are having issues trying to use it with other launchers.

I didn't know you could get a physical card for Google Pay. Is there a annual or monthly fee for that? I wonder if Samsung has something like that.
    08-29-2019 03:49 PM
44 12