Question about Samsung trade-in

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
When I placed one of my pre-orders, I indicated that I will be trading a Pixel 3 xl but I now want to trade in a Pixel 3 instead (non XL).

My order with Samsung says that I wanted to trade in pixel 3 xl. Can I just send the pixel 3 instead and not expect any issues? (They are the same trade in value)

Anyone here said they are going to trade in X phone and ended up sending Y phone instead? What happens in that case?

Thanks all!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I placed one of my pre-orders, I indicated that I will be trading a Pixel 3 xl but I now want to trade in a Pixel 3 instead (non XL).

My order with Samsung says that I wanted to trade in pixel 3 xl. Can I just send the pixel 3 instead and not expect any issues? (They are the same trade in value)

Anyone here said they are going to trade in X phone and ended up sending Y phone instead? What happens in that case?

Thanks all!
Thats a good question, I'm interested to hear this .

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks all!

Probably a good idea to call Samsung and ask.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't do it, they are going to keep the phone you sent, charge you the difference and say you sent the wrong phone.
And then you need to run behind their horrible support to sort out things.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Don't do it, they are going to keep the phone you sent, charge you the difference and say you sent the wrong phone.
And then you need to run behind their horrible support to sort out things.
Hmmm, why does it matter? I sent Pixel 3, it's worth $600, how could they take the phone and not credit me $600? That's stealing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm, why does it matter? I sent Pixel 3, it's worth $600, how could they take the phone and not credit me $600? That's stealing.
It's already nerve racking doing this trade in and to switch phones out , I dont even want to imagine the outcome lol

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I understand logically it shouldn't matter but the trade ins are handled by some third party company and people who are doing this evaluation aren't allowed to make these decisions nor do they think logically. Your trade in says phone X and you sent phone Y so they are going to reject the trade in, as simple as that. Even if you said you will trade in Pixel 2 and send a better phone Pixel 3 they are going to reject

Am I absolutely sure that they will reject? No, but going thru many of these phone launches over the years I know what not to do.
Calling Samsung customer care and finding an answer about this will help? No, since I don't trust a word they say and most of the time they are clueless.

The trade ins are generally not straight forward in the first place and why complicate knowingly. My suggestion is to not do it but if you want to try your luck then up to you

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I asked them once last year about sending in a different phone. Not acceptable. They have on record what phone you contracted to send in and any variation will result in being charged the full price for your Note. You will not only forfeit the $600 trade in, but will be out a phone you could sell if you desired.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I asked them once last year about sending in a different phone. Not acceptable. They have on record what phone you contracted to send in and any variation will result in being charged the full price for your Note. You will not only forfeit the $600 trade in, but will be out a phone you could sell if you desired.

Thank you -

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe he should try it. Somebody has to go 1st.

EDIT - my Forum Spouse should be here - she is great with the rightness and wrongness of things.

I'm never far 💋

My 1st thought went to the form they send on the bottom of the return label. It said "this is what you told us about your galaxy note 9"...or something close to that. If I sent in a S10+ instead, nothing about that form is valid. That gives them every right to reject it. It doesn't matter they have the same value; they're not the same phone. You didn't hold up your end of the bargain because you didn't send in what you said you would. Too risky.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm never far 💋

My 1st thought went to the form they send on the bottom of the return label. It said "this is what you told us about your galaxy note 9"...or something close to that. If I sent in a S10+ instead, nothing about that form is valid. That gives them every right to reject it. It doesn't matter they have the same value; they're not the same phone. You didn't hold up your end of the bargain because you didn't send in what you said you would. Too risky.

Thank you Spousey - I love you - KW1 has spoken - no further discussion needed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Thanks all!
Even though the logic of sending in the 3 instead of the 3XL based on the trade in value is correct, I don't see it working out in your favor. The person receiving it on the other end probably only knows that what they are approving is what was agreed to by you and Samsung.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
We live in a strange world my friend. World that makes no sense.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Calling Samsung customer care and finding an answer about this will help? No, since I don't trust a word they say and most of the time they are clueless.

this alone is why the OP absolutely should NOT do as he is suggesting. Samsung is clueless on their best day and any third party they use for the trade-ins will be worse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie