Note 10 wireless charger shutting off after full charge then not turning on to maintain a charge

Andy Horner

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Using a Samsung fast charge EP-NG930 for overnight charging. When I wake in the morning the battery is run down. I've watched it and found that once it hits 100% the light turns green but it stays green as the charge percentage goes down. Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas? Thanks.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Well it shouldn't lose more than 5% or so over night, if it really did charge to 100% you have another issue as well

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Using a Samsung fast charge EP-NG930 for overnight charging. When I wake in the morning the battery is run down. I've watched it and found that once it hits 100% the light turns green but it stays green as the charge percentage goes down. Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas? Thanks.
Do you use a thick case? Maybe monitor it in safe mode

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Thats wierd. My phone will always be somewhere between 95 to 100 in the morning...

atunguyd

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I am noticing the same thing on my Note 10+ since updating to Android 10. After full charge the charger light switches to green and then about 30s later it completely switches off and the phone indicates that it is no longer connected to the charger.

Its a pity no one here offered an answer to your question, I dont want to wake up to 95%, 90% or anything other than 100%, every other phone I had that had wireless charging worked like this (get to 100% and then continue to maintain that 100% as long as it was on the charger)

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It is at 100% in the morning, but charged with interruptions as you can see. Then when I take it off the charger it drops to 98% within an hour, but stays pretty solid throughout the day when not in use.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It is at 100% in the morning, but charged with interruptions as you can see. Then when I take it off the charger it drops to 98% within an hour, but stays pretty solid throughout the day when not in use.
So what did you find with this ?

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I honestly have no idea. Last night for example I charged using the cord instead and it showed grey instead of blue all night. It was at 100% this morning, but the charging looked like this below. Me, my wife and my son got Note 10's on the same day. Mine is the only one doing that.
So what did you find with this ?
Screenshot_20200118-192520_Device%20care.jpeg

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
See on the 17th it showed blue until midnight and then changed to grey the rest of the night. I have no idea what's going on.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It is weird isn't it? Otherwise I have no issues with battery life and all three of us get about the same performance out of the battery. Aida 64 shows the battery health as good.
Yeah see that , I dont know unless we see more people come forward but I'm not sure most would pay attention.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It is weird isn't it? Otherwise I have no issues with battery life and all three of us get about the same performance out of the battery. Aida 64 shows the battery health as good.
Well I'm going blame Samsung new device care overhaul lol

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with the Samsung duo charger. At first it worked well when I got my charger several months ago. My Note 10+ will go to full charge at night before going to bed, then the next morning the phone will go down to say 80%. Weird. This has happened too many times. I'm at a point that I'm now using a USB-C charging cable instead, because I know the next morning the phone will positively say 100% charge. The other issue I'm having with the duo charger is that the smartphone part on the right side can be extremely finicky for charging my Samsung Galaxy 42mm smartwatch. I sometimes have to keep re-positioning the watch exactly on target to get the solid red light for charging. Very frustrating. This happens too many times that I gave up and went back to using the stock OEM charging stand that came with the watch. I now find this duo charger to be un-reliable and would not recommend it to anyone.

Here's the Samsung duo charger I have...2 thumbs down. By the way, I've been having this problem long before the new Android 10 update.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ABEgKedfD_BwE%26gclsrc%3Daw.ds&token=dOwSNzSl

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad