Anyone else not hearing notifications from the phone whenever paired Bluetooth earbuds are connected? I can only hear my notifications (text received, new email etc.) through my buds and not the phone. That's a problem when the buds are not in my ear... Disconnect the Bluetooth and notification sounds resume playing through the phone.
    08-31-2019 07:27 PM
    I believe that this is by design and has been that way (forever) once the BT headphones are connected.

Update:
    Try this:
    go to settings > sounds and vibrations > advanced sounds settings > separate app sound > App > select the app in the list, if not in the list click add apps and find it >back up one screen> select on at the top> audio > device and select bluetooth device instead of phone, its backwards , send a test text
    08-31-2019 09:03 PM
    Yep, same thing on my note 8.
    08-31-2019 09:04 PM
    I believe that this is by design and has been that way (forever) once the BT headphones are connected.

Update:
    Try this:
    go to settings > sounds and vibrations > advanced sounds settings > separate app sound > App > select the app in the list, if not in the list click add apps and find it >back up one screen> select on at the top> audio > device and select bluetooth device instead of phone, its backwards , send a test text
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me. No notification sounds from phone, only through the connected bt buds.
    08-31-2019 09:39 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me. No notification sounds from phone, only through the connected bt buds.
    So sorry. Check the Samsung forums. Maybe there are other ways.
    08-31-2019 09:53 PM
    I never found anything.
    I have some BT earbuds that would randomly turn themselves on at night and I would miss phone calls while on call. I had to start setting tasker to turn BT off at night.

I don't recall this on my note 5. I assume an OS update implemented this.
    08-31-2019 10:05 PM
    I never found anything.
    I have some BT earbuds that would randomly turn themselves on at night and I would miss phone calls while on call. I had to start setting tasker to turn BT off at night.

I don't recall this on my note 5. I assume an OS update implemented this.
    Apparently things changed when Android Pie was introduced.
    08-31-2019 10:09 PM