Verizon has this app/service that tells you the name of the person or business calling, even if they aren't a contact. It's a couple bucks a month added to my bill.

Is there a way to use this functionality with an unlocked 10+ on Verizon, before I cancel paying for something I can't use?
    09-01-2019 06:11 PM
    Verizon has this app/service that tells you the name of the person or business calling, even if they aren't a contact. It's a couple bucks a month added to my bill.

Is there a way to use this functionality with an unlocked 10+ on Verizon, before I cancel paying for something I can't use?
    Even when I had a Verizon version of my Note 8, I discontinued Verizon VM in favor of Hiya which gives me caller ID, as well as spam call blocking. It's $15 a year and IMO well worth it.
    Misterb likes this.
    09-01-2019 06:17 PM
    Even when I had a Verizon version of my Note 8, I discontinued Verizon VM in favor of Hiya which gives me caller ID, as well as spam call blocking. It's $15 a year and IMO well worth it.
    Cool. I'll have to check that out. Are we able to use the Verizon one still, out of curiosity?
    09-01-2019 06:28 PM
    Isn't it free? I just turned on to test out and no where it mentioned about the $15/year. Personally I use mostly Google voice and don't need the caller ID service but thought I'll check this out. Curious to know where you saw the $15 per year fee.

mustang7757 likes this.
    09-01-2019 07:03 PM
    Is this the Verizon call filter you are talking about. Sucks to pay extra for caller ID.

I believe you can download the Verizon call filter app in the play store.
    09-01-2019 07:31 PM
    Samsung has one built in for free, just enable it, worked great on the unlocked model I had, and of course its disabled on my at&t variant, they want us to pay them for it.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2019 07:43 PM
    Yup unlocked model have this in dialer app settings
    Isn't it free? I just turned on to test out and no where it mentioned about the $15/year. Personally I use mostly Google voice and don't need the caller ID service but thought I'll check this out. Curious to know where you saw the $15 per year fee.

[IMG=360x760]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190902/11bba7010b0ad36802b8eb8fb8f6df01.jpg[/url]
    09-01-2019 07:45 PM
    Samsung has one built in for free, just enable it, worked great on the unlocked model I had, and of course its disabled on my at&t variant, they want us to pay them for it.
    What's it called? I'm not seeing it

For the record, I think I may have found the Verizon one on my phone already. It needed to be clicked on and then enabled. Looks like it is called Verizon Call Filter. It let's me set up spam lists and such. Pretty sure it shows caller ID of non contacts, but you tell me
    09-01-2019 08:07 PM
    See my post above, it's in dialer setting
    09-01-2019 08:20 PM
    Its somewhere in the dialer settings, unfortunately I don't have my unlocked model anymore and can't tell you exactly how to enable it, but it's free and built in and worked great.
    09-01-2019 08:23 PM
    See my post above, it's in dialer setting
    Sorry about that. I saw that it provided spam blocking, but I didn't notice that it provided caller ID until I went in and looked at it
    bhatech and fernandez21 like this.
    09-01-2019 08:25 PM
    For the record, I think I may have found the Verizon one on my phone already. It needed to be clicked on and then enabled. Looks like it is called Verizon Call Filter. It let's me set up spam lists and such. Pretty sure it shows caller ID of non contacts, but you tell me
    It does. That's what I'm using on my unlocked model.
    Misterb likes this.
    09-01-2019 08:49 PM

[IMG=360x760]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190902/11bba7010b0ad36802b8eb8fb8f6df01.jpg[/url]
    It used to be but once you start using it they will prompt you to pay for the premium edition to continue with call blocking and caller ID.
    09-01-2019 09:31 PM
    The Caller ID and Spam Blocker app that is with the unlocked Note10'S IS HIYA
    09-01-2019 11:00 PM
    Does anyone with unlocked note 10+ have issues with the free built in hiya caller ID/spam protection? Mine stopped working all together recently and I do have that option turned on in my phone settings. However only phone numbers shows up when I receive a call.
    09-27-2019 05:11 PM
    Didn't know my unlocked Note 10+ had this feature! Thank you!
    09-27-2019 05:52 PM
    Does anyone with unlocked note 10+ have issues with the free built in hiya caller ID/spam protection? Mine stopped working all together recently and I do have that option turned on in my phone settings. However only phone numbers shows up when I receive a call.

I got one notification yesterday, suspected spammer or whatever, but most calls that's all I get are the numbers. saw no where to configure it other than settings/apps/hiya. did you find somewhere else? thanks.
    09-27-2019 06:01 PM
    I got one notification yesterday, suspected spammer or whatever, but most calls that's all I get are the numbers. saw no where to configure it other than settings/apps/hiya. did you find somewhere else? thanks.
    I'm currently running on Verizon SIM with my unlocked. When you open the phone dialer, click on the 3 vertical dots next to the finder icon to open the setting. There should be an option to turn on caller ID/spam blocker... Which is managed by the built in hiya app. On my unlocked note 9 and initially on my note 10, I used to get caller ID info for free when this is turned on. It's no longer working. I don't remember when this stopped working on my note 10 because I just returned from a 3 weeks trip over seas where I was using a local sim.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-27-2019 07:21 PM
    I'm currently running on Verizon SIM with my unlocked. When you open the phone dialer, click on the 3 vertical dots next to the finder icon to open the setting. There should be an option to turn on caller ID/spam blocker... Which is managed by the built in hiya app. On my unlocked note 9 and initially on my note 10, I used to get caller ID info for free when this is turned on. It's no longer working. I don't remember when this stopped working on my note 10 because I just returned from a 3 weeks trip over seas where I was using a local sim.

thanks. mine is on, but I did it the other route. it does very little for me, as mentioned, only the number is shown typically and I only got one spammer notification. I'm running sprint unlocked.
    09-27-2019 07:25 PM
    thanks. mine is on, but I did it the other route. it does very little for me, as mentioned, only the number is shown typically and I only got one spammer notification. I'm running sprint unlocked.
    Maybe Samsung or hiya changed the free caller ID/spam functionality on the note 10. I'm pretty sure when I first got the phone it was displaying detailed caller ID info, business names, or spam alerts when the phone rings. It's no longer the case. This is pretty annoying.
    09-27-2019 09:41 PM
    Not all have it, but many do.

E.g. my phone, while on the Taiwan CSC didn't have it, but got it as soon as I switched it to the Hong Kong CSC.
    09-27-2019 09:50 PM
    HiYa is a spy king 🕵️Look it up and never use it again!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2019 10:31 PM
    Maybe Samsung or hiya changed the free caller ID/spam functionality on the note 10. I'm pretty sure when I first got the phone it was displaying detailed caller ID info, business names, or spam alerts when the phone rings. It's no longer the case. This is pretty annoying.
    That's true. My S9+ would give me info for almost every single incoming call. My Note gives maybe 1/5 if not less.
    09-28-2019 10:58 AM
    You wont have if its a {u} device it needs to be a {u1} The {U1} are from samsung and the {u} is from your carrier that puts all the bloatware on the phone, I have sm975u note 10 plus and downloaded firmware from sammobile for for sm n975u1 and flashed it through odin.

If this thread is still active and u want I will tell you the fairley easy process if u respond. I dont feel like typing it if noone is active on this thread
    11-10-2020 12:25 AM