Note 10 (standard) vs. S10 (standard)

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the Note 10+ but am honestly regretting it due to the size, in a controlled environment it is perfectly usable but when I am on the go I have found it to be a burden I should have learned my lesson by now I guess!

I am considering returning it and am looking again at the standard Note 10 but find myself thinking that other than the S pen the normal S10 looks the better buy and maybe even still the better overall device? The Note looks to offer a slightly larger screen in pretty much the same footprint which is nice and I also like the look and colour options more (not a huge fan of any of the standard S10 colours that I can get in the UK tbh) with the slightly larger battery and lower res screen and improved exynos it should also have the edge in battery life too. Flip it around though and you have expandable storage, a headphone jack and a 1440p display on the S10.

Most coverage on the interweb has focussed on the plus model and even comparing the standard note 10 with the S10+ so I am curious what others thoughts are on it vs the S10

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I think the standard Note 10 is too crippled to be worth £950. If the S Pen isn't necessary then the S10 would be a much better buy and is much cheaper

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had an S10 and now have a Note 10, and for me it was worth the "upgrade."

Note 10 advantages:
- S-Pen
- Slightly better camera
- Slightly bigger screen
- Improved Dex

S10 advantages:
- SD card: Based on my usage on the S10, 256GB will be enough me
- Screen resolution: Not sure I can tell the difference (I kept the S10 at the default FHD)
- Headphone jack: I miss that and wish they had kept it. I bought a dongle

For me the Note 10 advantages were more important, but that is individual choice.

BTW, I went from a Note 9 to an S10 for the reason you mentioned. Note 9 is fine in a controlled environment, but when I'm out doing something else (like at an airport, playing golf, etc) the S10 size was much better. For me, the Note 10 size is perfect.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I had an S10 and now have a Note 10, and for me it was worth the "upgrade."

Note 10 advantages:
- S-Pen
- Slightly better camera
- Slightly bigger screen
- Improved Dex

S10 advantages:
- SD card: Based on my usage on the S10, 256GB will be enough me
- Screen resolution: Not sure I can tell the difference (I kept the S10 at the default FHD)
- Headphone jack: I miss that and wish they had kept it. I bought a dongle

For me the Note 10 advantages were more important, but that is individual choice.

BTW, I went from a Note 9 to an S10 for the reason you mentioned. Note 9 is fine in a controlled environment, but when I'm out doing something else (like at an airport, playing golf, etc) the S10 size was much better. For me, the Note 10 size is perfect.
This is pretty much how I am leaning, the note looks like it could be the perfect size

Pound for pound the S10 is almost certainly the better buy though

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I think I am getting the Note 10, just pointing out that those who said earlier in the thread that the S10 is the better buy are probably correct!

Think I am going to get the black though, finally had a chance at lunchtime to see the Aura glow in the flesh (It is really difficult in the UK as they all clamped down) and for me the Aura glow looks exactly the same as the prism silver colour on the S10 and not at all like the promotional images.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I also had the Note 9 last year. That was my 1st Note since the Note 4. I switched to the S10 for the size. I was just tired of larger phones. I purchased the Note 10 through Samsung because of the trade in on the unlocked model. I got the Aura glow because it was a new color.

I will agree that for the cost the Note 10 is $950 in the US. That's too much for this phone when comparing specs to the S10. So for that reason I'm sending back the unlocked Aura glow Note 10. I decided to purchase a Verizon Note 10 in white from eBay for $745 and I'll sell my S10 of keep it.

I have enjoyed using the Note 20 for the past week and I feel it is a really good phone but it is not priced correctly. I often switch phones 2xs a year and when selling my current phone and don't want to have to be a too much of a financial lose. That's why I repurchased the White Note 10 at a lessor cost that getting it from Samsung.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
This is pretty much how I am leaning, the note looks like it could be the perfect size

Pound for pound the S10 is almost certainly the better buy though
Hhmmm, perfect size? They are the same size lol. If you are trying to pick Note 10 vs S10 based on size, I recommend you just flip w coin lol. They are the same size man

Note 10 (red) Stacked on top of S10 (blue). Good luck Screenshot_20190902-090455_Chrome.jpeg

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
That overlay is the note and the standard S10 not the plus.

I think the larger screen in the same footprint as the S10 is one of the notes best features.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm really glad Samsung went back to its roots and provided a smaller Note with the same large screen. People forget that from the Note 2-Note 7 Samsung kept the display size relatively the same, but kept making the Note more and more compact each year.

Then that changed with the Note 8, where it became much larger and my affinity with the Note began to decline because it became much more of a hassle to carry around and use on the go.

The standard Note 10 brings us back to the size the Note had been, its physically the same size as the Note 7, but kept the much larger display people have come accustomed to with the 8&9. Best of both worlds IMO.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Or you can always learn to use one handed mode on the Note 10+ for the times you feel it's a burden. Once you force yourself to use one handed mode when you need to it'll become normal. You can even drag at corner to make the one handed mode window bigger if you find it is too small.

I have a 7 week old baby and when I'm rocking her to sleep I use one handed mode if I have to use my N10+.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
The size difference between the Note 10 and 10+ is 6.1mm in width (less than 1/4 in).

What you get in return are a microSD slot and better camera. Keep the 10+.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Or you can always learn to use one handed mode on the Note 10+ for the times you feel it's a burden. Once you force yourself to use one handed mode when you need to it'll become normal. You can even drag at corner to make the one handed mode window bigger if you find it is too small.

I have a 7 week old baby and when I'm rocking her to sleep I use one handed mode if I have to use my N10+.

you must be able to palm a basketball. that will help with your baby. congrats. I have very large hands and cannot do one-handed mode