Unlocked Galaxy Note 10+ Showing As Nubia Red Magic on AT&T

MCNPorter

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone else explain this? My unlocked Galaxy Note 10+ directly from Samsung.com is showing up as a Nubia Red Magic phone on AT&T site. Yikes. It has an AT&T SIM card directly from the AT&T store. Has the AT&T store employees completely stumped. They say the Samsung IMEI would register it that way (or correctly). Everything seems to work perfectly. The best the AT&T folks could say is call Samsung or "wait" and maybe it will correct itself. :(

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
re: Unlocked Galaxy Note 10+ Showing As Nubia Red Magic on AT&T

My unlocked Note 10+ shows up on AT&T as an "unknown device".
AT&T recognizes devices by the IMEI. AT&T maps IMEI to manufacturer and device. Either AT&T put the IMEI in an incorrect table OR AT&T hasn't gotten the IMEI file from Samsung.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ask AT&T to check the provisioning (especially the IMEI) by eye, not just by scanning it. If they entered it wrong (or the scanner glitched) that will fix it. If they never got the IMEI from Samsung, you just have to live with it.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My unlocked Note 10+ shows up on AT&T as an "unknown device".
AT&T recognizes devices by the IMEI. AT&T maps IMEI to manufacturer and device. Either AT&T put the IMEI in an incorrect table OR AT&T hasn't gotten the IMEI file from Samsung.

Mine too. When I added Device Care I gave them the IMEI. Stills says unknown device.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm on At&t and have the unlocked 10 plus. Do I need to call At&t to provide them the new IMEI number?
You don't have to but sometimes it's good to do in order for all the services to be provisioned properly.

This has always been the norm for AT&T to not see the exact color or device if they are unlocked. They don't really have all the IMEIs in their system to really know for sure what it is. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as your IMEI shows properly with Samsung's system like in their Samsung Members app then don't even worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs