Is there a schedule the Notes follow?

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Having had Pixels for the last few years, I'm used to getting monthly updates.

Is there a schedule the Notes follow?

edit - Any idea when Android 10 will arrive on the Note 10?

Android 10 on the Note 10 - 🆒😎 - I'm easily amused.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No schedule

Monthly security updates you won't be getting at the beginning of the month. May be a month later or some months same month or sometimes they skip. Also, if you have US unlocked model you will have to wait till all carrier models get their updates so that adds some delay.

As far as Android 10, probably next February or March closer to S11 launch. The thing I have heard from Samsung owners is they could care less about updates and Samsung has all the features already. They generally don't like Google

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks - kinda figured that was the case - I have an unlocked 10+ on Google Fi - maybe being on Fi will speed things along.
Your US unlocked model update comes directly from Samsung and doesn't matter which carrier you are on. Samsung's excuse (according to them) is they have to certify the updates from all the main 4 US carriers before they can push update to US unlocked model. So we wait until all carrier variants get their updates and we finally get ours. Nothing new though it's been like that for few generations for the US unlocked models.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just Black Pixel 3 sitting right next to me on desk - I'm bi-phoneual or trans-phoneual - what ever the proper term is.
Yep main reason I always have the latest Pixel and iPhone is so that I have the latest platform updates. That's why I stopped worrying about updates on other Android phones since I know it won't be happening

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Yep main reason I always have the latest Pixel and iPhone is so that I have the latest platform updates. That's why I stopped worrying about updates on other Android phones since I know it won't be happening

I don't own a iPhone - thanks for mentioning it - I will not get an iPhone - I will not get an Iphone - 👿

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Carrier models are typically a month to a month and a half behind. If Samsung is gearing up for a large update on top of Google's security update then it can be up to two months.

So don't get so hung up on security updates. They'll eventually come.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Haha you are thinking about it at the correct time, iPhone 11 releasing in couple of weeks

So is the Pixel 4 - 😎

I need to figure out a way to have Note 10+ and Pixel use the same number, so if I turn off 10+, I can use Pixel and vice versa. I love the big 10+ and also the small Pixel for carrying at times.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
As long as my note functions ok I don't worry about updates or new OS. I don't need android 10 at this point my note works perfectly!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE