Car mount for Note 10+

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Greetings all!

I'm wondering what y'all use to mount your phone in your car? I have a great one but I just traded in the car and the one I had doesn't work anymore. It was perfect because it slid into the CD slot. My current car has a CD slot but it's shaped differently so this one doesn't work as well.

So just looking for recommendations. I saw plenty of threads out there for various cases but I didn't notice any for ways to mount in your car.

Thanks a bunch

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Greetings all!

I'm wondering what y'all use to mount your phone in your car? I have a great one but I just traded in the car and the one I had doesn't work anymore. It was perfect because it slid into the CD slot. My current car has a CD slot but it's shaped differently so this one doesn't work as well.

So just looking for recommendations. I saw plenty of threads out there for various cases but I didn't notice any for ways to mount in your car.

Thanks a bunch

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...cessories/973692-car-mount-2.html#post6624812

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I use the iOttie fast wireless charging car dock. It's about $50 and works great. I've had it for almost a year now and it has held up well.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I use the iOttie fast wireless charging car dock. It's about $50 and works great. I've had it for almost a year now and it has held up well.

Interesting. I may give that a try. The last mount I tried with that kind of way to fasten to the dash just didn't work well. But this car has a different shape to the dash and that looks like it may work better.

Thanks!

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I tried the iottie one a week ago. It had some weird stickiness on the suction cup. I tried mounting it different ways in my vehicle and it would not hold, just the weight of the arm was enough to pull it down. I tried to mount it directly to the vehicle including the windshield and to the included mounting base and it would not hold itself up. I did some more research and found the VicSeed mount, used the included mounting base and in a few minutes it was up and working.

I will admit my vehicle does not have the best surfaces to mount a holder to but when a mount can't hold itself to a freshly cleaned window, it can not be very good. I also feel the support arm and phone cradle felt even cheaper than expected.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried the iottie one a week ago. It had some weird stickiness on the suction cup. I tried mounting it different ways in my vehicle and it would not hold, just the weight of the arm was enough to pull it down. I tried to mount it directly to the vehicle including the windshield and to the included mounting base and it would not hold itself up. I did some more research and found the VicSeed mount, used the included mounting base and in a few minutes it was up and working.

I will admit my vehicle does not have the best surfaces to mount a holder to but when a mount can't hold itself to a freshly cleaned window, it can not be very good. I also feel the support arm and phone cradle felt even cheaper than expected.
Proclip will fit ANY model car.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Funny you should say that about the iOttie mount. I got mine in and used it for the first time today. I put it on my car (a 2016 Accord) and realized it blocks some of my info display. So I tried to remove it and I'm having a hard time getting the suction cup off! LOL! I gave up for tonight and will see what I can do about it tomorrow.

I realized that I don't think this will work for my car as I can't think of any place where I can mount the thing and it not block something. So i'm going to either order the VicSeed mount (not crazy about it blocking air vents, but we'll see) or the ProClip. I really like the idea of that being specific for a car

Last edited by a moderator:

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I really like the looks of them. I may give that a try. This iOttie isn't working as well as I had hoped.
They have phone holders of three main types: unpowered, with a cable for the cigarette lighter, or with longer wiring for you (or your mechanic) to connect in an out of the way location (under the dash for example). Unfortunately for the Note 10+, they only right now have the unpowered kind... But they are working on the other two so I am waiting. It would be FANTASTIC if the power they supplied was the 45W Samsung type, but that would just be too much to ask for - ! The previous one I had for my note 8 was fast charging v1.0 however...)

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Proclip will fit ANY model car.

I looked up my vehicle, the one they show will not work. They have it attached to the seems around the center part of the dash, the center part of the dash where the bottom half would go, is broken. Someone who owned the vehicle before me tried to put a stereo in and broke a bit of the dash doing it.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I looked up my vehicle, the one they show will not work. They have it attached to the seems around the center part of the dash, the center part of the dash where the bottom half would go, is broken. Someone who owned the vehicle before me tried to put a stereo in and broke a bit of the dash doing it.
Ummm. Wow that sucks! No alternative? Sometimes they supply more than one bracket solution for a car model...?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
i'm just concerned about the placement of the Proclip on my car. it even says with my car (a 2016 honda accord), some devices may block the info screen. That's the problem I had with the iOttie. they have 2 options...one for the passenger side of the car, but that may be inconvenient...having to reach to the other side of the car.

Any idea how easy they are to return if it doesn't work quite right. They say they take things back easily, but sometimes companies say that but aren't so easy.

Thanks! I really like the looks of them. I may give that a try. This iOttie isn't working as well as I had hoped.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
i'm just concerned about the placement of the Proclip on my car. it even says with my car (a 2016 honda accord), some devices may block the info screen. That's the problem I had with the iOttie. they have 2 options...one for the passenger side of the car, but that may be inconvenient...having to reach to the other side of the car.

Any idea how easy they are to return if it doesn't work quite right. They say they take things back easily, but sometimes companies say that but aren't so easy.
I've never tried to return anything, so I cannot tell you. But they have been around a long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21