09-15-2019 09:26 PM
324 ... 10111213
tools
    Well, I just got an email from Samsung - and the trade-in was successful. I did not log out of my Google accounts on the phone, all I did was a Factory Reset through the Setup menus. So, not sure why it's been inconsistent, but this is how I've done it and this is my 3rd successful trade-in by doing nothing more than a Factory Reset through the setup-menu. Maybe I'm just getting lucky.
    Do you mean you did not remove accounts from device prior to reset? I don't see an option to logout
    09-10-2019 10:18 PM
    Do you mean you did not remove accounts from device prior to reset? I don't see an option to logout
    Go to phone settings > general managements

Declined on trade in because of BS reason that simply isn't true-20190910_233339.jpeg
    KupKrazy likes this.
    09-10-2019 10:35 PM
    Yes, I meant remove. Sorry, I was using log-out interchangeably.
    09-10-2019 10:58 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190910_233339.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	309465
    Ahh, I forgot that "Google account" was listed there that would be erased.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-10-2019 10:59 PM
    Ahh, I forgot that "Google account" was listed there that would be erased.
    Yeah , this is what I recommend , then verifying by going through set up until you skip Google account and add later your in the clear .
    bhatech likes this.
    09-10-2019 11:03 PM
    My trade-in was accepted today. I didn't log out of my Google account before I did the factory reset and shipped it out last week. I did log out of my Google account late last night based on a link provided by a kind poster in this thread. I have no clue if it made a difference I suspect it didn't but it was good for me to log out of the old note 8 anyway.
    nuangel2 likes this.
    09-11-2019 12:50 AM

Name:	20190910_233339.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	309465
    This on it's own proves that their rejection is still bogus. I'm still trying to get them to give me something for the trade. I don't have too many high hopes on it, or much patience to continue down this path. But the fact that the Factory Data reset actually says it will erase the Google account and this is Samsung's own Settings screen proves that they really can't make this claim legitimately. If this wasn't $600, I wouldn't be fighting this. But I honestly would not have purchased the Note 10+ at this time were it not for this trade in offer. I may have done so later. At this stage, while I've been arguing with them about this, the return period has also expired.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-11-2019 07:55 AM
    This on it's own proves that their rejection is still bogus. I'm still trying to get them to give me something for the trade. I don't have too many high hopes on it, or much patience to continue down this path. But the fact that the Factory Data reset actually says it will erase the Google account and this is Samsung's own Settings screen proves that they really can't make this claim legitimately. If this wasn't $600, I wouldn't be fighting this. But I honestly would not have purchased the Note 10+ at this time were it not for this trade in offer. I may have done so later. At this stage, while I've been arguing with them about this, the return period has also expired.
    The rejection is based purely on their receipt of a locked device, though I agree that the instructions are not technically correct for everyone. What I don't understand is why they can't accept it as a trade after the device is corrected, especially in a case like yours where it wasn't your fault since you followed their instructions.
    09-11-2019 08:19 AM
    I did everything suggested, logged out of accounts, removed accounts, etc. and it still won't let me remove it from my google accounts. now what?
    09-11-2019 08:23 AM
    I would fight it
    09-11-2019 08:24 AM
    I did everything suggested, logged out of accounts, removed accounts, etc. and it still won't let me remove it from my google accounts. now what?

I also did three factory resets afterward. it wants me to set things up if I go in, but won't let me remove the devices from either account.
    09-11-2019 08:25 AM
    Might take time to see it removed , if you have Verizon that's the other part of the problem
    09-11-2019 08:25 AM
    Might time to see it removed , if you have Verizon that's the other part of the problem

thanks. sprint
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-11-2019 08:27 AM
    The rejection is based purely on their receipt of a locked device, though I agree that the instructions are not technically correct for everyone. What I don't understand is why they can't accept it as a trade after the device is corrected, especially in a case like yours where it wasn't your fault since you followed their instructions.
    Here is the Pixel's Reset Screen - Equally confusing because it states it will remove your Google Account:
    Declined on trade in because of BS reason that simply isn't true-screenshot_20190911-091814.jpg
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-11-2019 08:31 AM
    Here is the Pixel's Reset Screen - Equally confusing because it states it will remove your Google Account:

Name:	Screenshot_20190911-091814.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	309508
    This how I did it , after I opt out of beta and went to offical it wiped my device and was still Lock to my account. I went in and did factory reset like your screenshot . I went through the set-up to confirm my account was deleted.
    09-11-2019 08:38 AM
    thanks. sprint
    I know these things don't happen right away
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-11-2019 08:42 AM
    I did the same and received email this am trade was successful.
    My trade-in was accepted today. I didn't log out of my Google account before I did the factory reset and shipped it out last week. I did log out of my Google account late last night based on a link provided by a kind poster in this thread. I have no clue if it made a difference I suspect it didn't but it was good for me to log out of the old note 8 anyway.
    09-11-2019 08:43 AM
    I am fighting this. My return period for the Note 10+ is over while I've been fighting this. I'm going to continue - I've tweeted about it, but I think this time I'll go further if needed. Latest is that I escalated to phone customer support - after being on hold for 30 mins. They said it is being investigated at the returns warehouse. I asked them and theoretically they agreed, to extend my return period beyond the 14 days while they figure this out. If they honor that request, then I will be happier than being stuck with this admittedly amazing phone at a price I would not have paid right now were it not for the trade. We'll see how that goes.
    09-11-2019 08:57 AM
    I am fighting this. My return period for the Note 10+ is over while I've been fighting this. I'm going to continue - I've tweeted about it, but I think this time I'll go further if needed. Latest is that I escalated to phone customer support - after being on hold for 30 mins. They said it is being investigated at the returns warehouse. I asked them and theoretically they agreed, to extend my return period beyond the 14 days while they figure this out. If they honor that request, then I will be happier than being stuck with this admittedly amazing phone at a price I would not have paid right now were it not for the trade. We'll see how that goes.
    If they've agreed to extend your return period then I'd personally just send the note 10 back and be done with the hassle. Then perhaps start over again.
    09-11-2019 09:01 AM
    If they've agreed to extend your return period then I'd personally just send the note 10 back and be done with the hassle. Then perhaps start over again.
    They haven't yet. They said if they can't come to a satisfactory resolution, they will allow me to return it. They didn't specify the terms of that - will they take 15% restocking fee? More? I'm waiting to receive this in writing too, which they promised to do. They are moving very, very slowly. I suspect they have a ton of calls coming about these and other issues. But I do agree with you - if they tell me ok - just return it and we'll refund you, I'll do that. I'll then wait for the next deal that isn't through Samsung direct and probably get another one when it suits me and the value is there.
    09-11-2019 09:17 AM
    They haven't yet. They said if they can't come to a satisfactory resolution, they will allow me to return it. They didn't specify the terms of that - will they take 15% restocking fee? More? I'm waiting to receive this in writing too, which they promised to do. They are moving very, very slowly. I suspect they have a ton of calls coming about these and other issues. But I do agree with you - if they tell me ok - just return it and we'll refund you, I'll do that. I'll then wait for the next deal that isn't through Samsung direct and probably get another one when it suits me and the value is there.
    Well I hope it all turns out well for you. I remember reading about Samsung trade in program nightmares from the S7 s8 days. Back then, there wasn't even an option to return the device back. They merely rejected the trade in and offered customers a $25 credit. Lol
    09-11-2019 09:24 AM
    Well I hope it all turns out well for you. I remember reading about Samsung trade in program nightmares from the S7 s8 days. Back then, there wasn't even an option to return the device back. They merely rejected the trade in and offered customers a $25 credit. Lol
    Thanks. The fact that they have a history of this is not great. They just emailed me confirmation that if they're not able to resolve this to my satisfaction, they will allow me to return the phone. I don't know if this means I'll lose a 15% restocking fee, or just get a full refund, but I do appreciate that at least they've offered to do that. I replied and said I'm happy to return it right now and close this.
    frederickdawg likes this.
    09-11-2019 10:09 AM
    I did factory reset, it asked me to input my samsung account info before it reset and deleted all my data. No problem here i got the full trade in value for my note 8
    09-11-2019 10:19 AM
    mine is out the door and FedEx should be picking it up this afternoon. now the wait. I took a million pictures of everything. removed all my accounts and took a picture. it asked me to input my samsung account info before reset and it removed all my data. FR 3 separate times, tried to go back in, etc. I think I'm safe.

I was going to keep it, but my puppy broke his leg and decided it for me.
    09-11-2019 12:30 PM
    Thanks. The fact that they have a history of this is not great. They just emailed me confirmation that if they're not able to resolve this to my satisfaction, they will allow me to return the phone. I don't know if this means I'll lose a 15% restocking fee, or just get a full refund, but I do appreciate that at least they've offered to do that. I replied and said I'm happy to return it right now and close this.
    Microsoft stores are offering the same value in trade in, hell i just read they're offering 450 for a note 8
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-11-2019 12:34 PM
324 ... 10111213