Great phone but I truly miss the 90hz refresh rate

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So I sold my OnePlus 7 pro for the note 10 mainly cause I'm going on a trip and wanted a better camera (even though the 7 pro has a decent one) but I absolutely miss the 90hz refresh rate. Every 2020 flagship should have that feature. Any former 7 pro users that miss it too?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
So I sold my OnePlus 7 pro for the note 10 mainly cause I'm going on a trip and wanted a better camera (even though the 7 pro has a decent one) but I absolutely miss the 90hz refresh rate. Every 2020 flagship should have that feature. Any former 7 pro users that miss it too?

I think the Samsung may have dropped the ball on this one. There are phones with 90hz & 120hz refresh rates. Samsung could have at least gone with 90hz.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I think the Samsung may have dropped the ball on this one. There are phones with 90hz & 120hz refresh rates. Samsung could have at least gone with 90hz.

Yeah man. I wouldn't say drop the ball cause the phones are still amazing but from now on it's 90hz or higher or nothing for me. The difference is night and day. And for the price they are charging it should be a must.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
is the refresh rate something they could change with a software thing if they want later?
you would imagine that the screen is capable since Samsung make most of the other screens out the with higher refresh rates, could be a battery/power thing for now

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Yep, next note will have it. Probably debuts with S11. It's very odd they didn't put it on the Note 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I played with the one plus 7 and couldn't see the difference at all actually my note is much quicker than the one plus 7 IMO.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Honestly.... This phone refreshes fast enough. The difference is minimal at best!

That is so far from the truth. Anyone who used the 7 pro will tell you there's a noticeable difference. Hence why damn near everyone on YouTube who has reviewed the phone wishes the note had the feature.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
is the refresh rate something they could change with a software thing if they want later?
you would imagine that the screen is capable since Samsung make most of the other screens out the with higher refresh rates, could be a battery/power thing for now

No I believe it's a hardware thing.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That is so far from the truth. Anyone who used the 7 pro will tell you there's a noticeable difference. Hence why damn near everyone on YouTube who has reviewed the phone wishes the note had the feature.

Truth, in this case, is an impression, not an absolute.

I have heard a few comment that they wanted it, but it isn't the main complaint about the Note 10. It is all spec chasing. Gotta have the greatest. Gotta have the most. Even when you don't really need it.

I couldn't care less about the refresh rate on the screen. I did just hear that 240hz refresh rate is coming... so your 60, 90 and 120 must suddenly be a piece of junk... right?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
We touch our phones with our fingers for opening apps ,scrolling ..it makes this all very smooth. You use it once and you'll always want it .
I don't know, even when I had the OnePlus 7 pro, never felt that big of a difference using that and my other Android phones or iPhone. May be my hands or eyes are not sensitive enough to recognize

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
what i dont understand, is Samsung as a company is making and producing so many elements of phones but they are not using it on their phones, instead selling to competitors for them to use on their phones. i mean i know Samsung is making money either way, but if Samsung is making it but not putting it on their own phones, i need to ask the question WHY

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
what i dont understand, is Samsung as a company is making and producing so many elements of phones but they are not using it on their phones, instead selling to competitors for them to use on their phones. i mean i know Samsung is making money either way, but if Samsung is making it but not putting it on their own phones, i need to ask the question WHY
It's more of a marketing decision and they know it's not going to affect their sales. Their main competition Apple, Huawei still don't have them on their phone and they didn't have any pressure to put it on the Note 10 since iPhone 11 won't have either.

They are probably saving it for the S11.

Nothing surprising for me since most of these companies are driven by marketing and do the minimum feature set that helps them sell phones. If they thought not putting 90hz refresh rate is going to hurt sales then they would have put it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't know, even when I had the OnePlus 7 pro, never felt that big of a difference using that and my other Android phones or iPhone. May be my hands or eyes are not sensitive enough to recognize
Hahaha.i can tell the difference because I go between my devices often and after I'm done with one plus 7 pro I'm like these phones felt less smoother. Probably wouldn't tell if I didn't experience 90htz but now I have .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo