I got earbuds with a 3.5mm connector. What gives?

Twigg4075

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
Every review and unboxing video I've seen shows the included earbuds with a USB-C connector.

I got my Note 10+ through Sprint if that makes a difference?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Somebody wasn't paying attention when putting the accessories in the box !!

I hope they don't request that everything has to be sent back just to get the correct earphone type.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Sprint probably borked it up. The carriers repackage devices in their own carrier branded packaging. Sprint probably had leftover earbuds from the S10 packaging.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Serious? Wow. I just got my Note 10+ from the Microsoft store and the earphones came with a USB-C outlet to plug into bottom of phone.

Twigg4075

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
There was nothing 'Sprint' on the box at all. My wife picked up the phone for me and she watched as they literally cut the two sticker seals and just turned it on to transfer everything from my old phone. Everything in the box didn't seem disturbed at all.

I should mention that I reached out to Samsung on Twitter and they responded with:
"Hey there, packaging and accessories are subject to change between carriers and countries."

da7thsign

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
I was soo bummed when the guys at Best Buy pulled out my preorder and my phone was in one if those generic ATT boxes. And o top it off, the guy that set up my phone didnt even have the decency to cut my tabs, he just ripped them off so now my boxes have ugly sides.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that carriers that use their own packaging receive the product packaged in bulk to reduce the cost of doing this. The accessories probably arrive the same way. So it would be hard to determine if the error occurred with the carrier or the manufacturer.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm specifically asking if anyone else with Sprint got hosed with 3.5 mm earbuds?

Wow that sucks sorry to hear that , My AT&T Note10 Plus did come with the ear buds with type C on it, And i can verify that on Sprint one of my co workers got the ear buds with type C as well.
I would complain and tell them to send you the right ear buds and make sure you say no i am not returning my phone for ear phones to get replaced.

Tha Capn

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Sprint and I received the earbuds with the USB-C connector. I got the 10+. You're the first person that I heard that received the 3.5 jack. That sucks that Samsung said that to you. I would go back to the store and see what they have to say. Or at least call them.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Take the whole thing back. Demand a new phone and all.
Who do they think they are. The amount of money youn are paying and someone just slings whatever headphones they wanted in your box.

Don't trust Sprint. If you know like I know you'll give all that back and tell them I want a brand new phone with the correct headphones in the box.
Then unbox it in front of them. Just Bring everything with you.
You could call customer care first but they'd just **** you off.
Kindly ask for the right packaging for the phone you brought.

Twigg4075

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
I went into the store the other day and they were as baffled as I was. The rep went into the back and crabbed the correct headphones out of another box and gave them to me without issue.

I wonder if my phone was in of the earlier shipments. Didn't Samsung make the headphone change last minute?

Either way, it's all good now. Thanks for the responses everyone.