Are your Gmail notifications delayed on the note 10 plus?

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a note 9 and my gmail notifications are delayed buy 20-30 minutes sometimes. I turned off the battery optimization for the gmail app with no lock. Never fails if i let my phone stil for a good while once I "wake it up" by unlocking it the gmail notifications all hit.

Does the note 10 plus do this to?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the email refresh time set to 0? (That's "push" - you get it as it comes in.) If you have it set to retrieve mail every 30 minutes, and mail comes in just after it checks, you won't see it for another 30 minutes.

[And choose a forum to post this in - we don't allow the same question in multiple forums.]

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Do you have the email refresh time set to 0? (That's "push" - you get it as it comes in.) If you have it set to retrieve mail every 30 minutes, and mail comes in just after it checks, you won't see it for another 30 minutes.

[And choose a forum to post this in - we don't allow the same question in multiple forums.]

Where is that setting?

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
gmail notification delays has been a thing for years. I'll have 5-6 weeks in a row where it works fine, and then a couple weeks where notifications don't work at all.

this is across multiple phones/tablets, on any type of connection. I have several people I know that have had the same issue. A friend of mine who relies on a g suite email for on call purposes where he works had to switch away from gmail because of it.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a note 9 and my gmail notifications are delayed buy 20-30 minutes sometimes. I turned off the battery optimization for the gmail app with no lock. Never fails if i let my phone stil for a good while once I "wake it up" by unlocking it the gmail notifications all hit.

Check your power settings also and if it's set to Optimized changing it to High Performance might fix it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Make sure in gmail go settings then tap your account then check sync and priority folders checked to push notifications...

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

you can try going to battery. then select the three dot menu and see if you have adaptive battery, sleeping apps and optimatization off. not sure which is which but doing that worked for me. but, you may not have these options on the 9...

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there is a delay. When I pay my bills, I get notification of payments almost instantly.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset, all settings tried and still major delays with Gmail.

S10 sitting right next to note 10 and S10 is instant.

Clearly a problem with some Not 10 devices.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Factory reset, all settings tried and still major delays with Gmail.

S10 sitting right next to note 10 and S10 is instant.

Clearly a problem with some Not 10 devices.
On another post they disable Google app and they start getting notifications back

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Under App Info also check the Mobile Data section and make sure Allow Background Data Usage is turned on. Also might as well turn on the bottom one too.
0e9b2b3997351917b4578f0ebdee5aad.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia