Are your Gmail notifications delayed on the note 10 plus?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes and bluemail app as well. Bluemail seems to be a bit faster but still delayed. I have tried many, all
same issue.

Was just curious. I'm not having any issues using the Samsung Mail app. I think I'm one of the few around here that like Samsung's apps more than Google's. TBH though, I basically hate most Google built apps.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So funny thing. I finally got around to adding my iCloud email acct to Samsung's Mail app. They come through on my Note 10+ before my XS Max.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem as well. At first I thought it was just me but seeing this thread it means that this is a widespread problem. Only happens on the Note 10 (plus version here). I never had issues when I had a Galaxy S10e a few months back

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
I have the same problem as well. At first I thought it was just me but seeing this thread it means that this is a widespread problem. Only happens on the Note 10 (plus version here). I never had issues when I had a Galaxy S10e a few months back
I've been experimenting with different settings all day and have not had any luck getting Gmail notifications to show on two Note 10+ I have here, one is on T-Mobile, the other Xfinity Mobile.

I also have two AT&T unlocked S10+ here, both are running the unlocked firmware on Xfinity Mobile. Only one showed the gmail notification.

My iPhone XS max shows the gmail notifications each and every time, instantly.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I just installed the Samsung Mail app and sent an email to myself and I got it instantly.

I did however change the sync interval from 15 mins to Auto (when received).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Double check the settings in gmail, there are lot of sub menus to enable from push notifications, sync,priority, ect

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Was just curious. I'm not having any issues using the Samsung Mail app. I think I'm one of the few around here that like Samsung's apps more than Google's. TBH though, I basically hate most Google built apps.
I like Samsung's mail app the only reason why I can't use it is because it doesn't handle Google calendar invites seemlessly like the Gmail app does unless that's been changed. Haven't tried it in a long time.

BTW, my gmail app works fine. I haven't had any issue ever since disabling gmail from the Optimize Battery Usage settings.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiousity did any of you do a restore when you setup your Note 10+? Also, have you tried testing your notifications in Safe Mode?

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a note 9 and my gmail notifications are delayed buy 20-30 minutes sometimes. I turned off the battery optimization for the gmail app with no lock. Never fails if i let my phone stil for a good while once I "wake it up" by unlocking it the gmail notifications all hit.

Does the note 10 plus do this to?

No and I have 4 gmail accounts.