Google backups not working on new phone

jonjonbear

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,
I just bought a new Note 10+ and everything for the most part moved over from my LG V30, but now my google backup is not working properly. It is on the old phone, but the new one under Settings-Google-backup, the switch is on and the "back up now" button is gray. All of the items below say "waiting to back up" except contacts. When I turn the switch off, it says it will delete my google drive backup. I still have everything on my old phone and like I said that seems to be working..I found on some forum that this may be an issue with the new Android 9 and they said to take out all the security (fingerprints, passwords etc) and that might fix it. I can't figure out how to take out my password (if that will even fix it) so not sure what to do next. Any suggestions? I'm not a whiz with this stuff but okay getting around in it normally. Thanks, John
Oh, I used Clonit to copy things.

jonjonbear

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
Something else odd that I noticed, in the google backup app data screen, the backup dates are inconsistent. One app that I use has not backed up since 5-28-18, and another since June 14th yet the ones below and above them were backed up minutes ago. What could prevent these apps from backing up, when they were originally?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. To remove fingerprint lock, either change the lockscreen security to Swipi or none, or go to the fingerprint area and delete all the fingerprints you have in there (you should have at least 2 - one for each hand, in case one gets bandaged - and 4 is better - 2 fingers from each hand).

2. If an app's data hasn't changed, and it's doing incremental backups (that's up to the developer), it won't back up if you haven't used it and changed anything. (Different areas of backup, like people, apps, etc., go to different servers, so if you can't connect to a server for that backup, it won't back up. If you have no, or a poor, data connection, you may not be able to back anything up. If a server goes down (that happens every month or so - remember, any given Google server is being hit at least millions of times a day), you won't back that up until the server is fixed (which usually takes a few hours, but GMail has been down for 2 or 3 days once in a while).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000