Anyone run into an issue with the Secure Folder freezing up your Note 10/+? Only way to get out of it is to restart my device. It'll work at first but after not using it for a while the next time I use it it'll lock up to a grayed out blank screen with my wallpaper in the background. I haven't tried Safe Mode yet but wondering if others were experiencing this?
    ubiquist and abood99 like this.
    09-06-2019 09:51 PM
    Nope, SF works fine for me. Have you disabled any system-related apps or services?
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-07-2019 07:10 AM
    Anyone run into an issue with the Secure Folder freezing up your Note 10/+? Only way to get out of it is to restart my device. It'll work at first but after not using it for a while the next time I use it it'll lock up to a grayed out blank screen with my wallpaper in the background. I haven't tried Safe Mode yet but wondering if others were experiencing this?
    Haven't had freezing issues. All I get is a slight delay when logging in.
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-08-2019 06:28 PM
    To be honest, I have not even looked at the Secure section.
    Do you have a lot of data in there? Also, if you do a 'soft reset' / restart of sorts, does this still happen?
    It works fine after a restart but eventually happens again. I don't have a ton of data in there. I use it mainly to separate my work from personal and not really for the security.
    09-08-2019 09:57 PM
    Nope, SF works fine for me. Have you disabled any system-related apps or services?
    Nope haven't touched my system apps or services
    09-08-2019 09:59 PM
    I'll eventually try to uninstall and reinstall the Secure Folder and see if that clears it up. Could've been a bad restore.
    09-08-2019 10:00 PM
    That did that with my note 9. Locked my whole Phone up for 20 minutes.
    Wouldn't let me do anything. I let the phone sit for about 15 minutes, and then started trying to power it down.
    After a few tries I was able to get it to restart.
    Then about a half hour later it did it again.

Took it to the Sprint store. Unfortunately they did replace my phone. All my Secure Folder information isn't saved to nothing but the phone. So I lost all my valuable information.
    Fortunately I had some in a S9 plus I had bought. But it was a nightmare losing that information.
    I know it's your new phone. But that same thing happened on my Note 9.
    Sprint wasn't even trying to figure it out.

They tried one time restarting the phone and right back to the Secure Folder it went to.
    Wouldn't let me put pin in or use fps to clear it.

Again it was Sprint and they didn't have any answers.
    I still don't know what was the issue.
    Just know It never happened again on my new one. Just other stuff became a problem.
    That's why I was so glad to upgrade to the note 9.

I still have hers. But I traded up with my note 9 for the note 10 plus.
    It's going up for sale soon on a side note.
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-09-2019 12:24 AM
    Anyone run into an issue with the Secure Folder freezing up your Note 10/+?
    Exact same issue. Bad news is: I tried the following already:

• Uninstall the whole secure folder and reinstalled it after rebooting
    • Clear cache in bootloader menu
    • Change locking option for the secure folger from "PIN" to "pattern"

None of this helped. Strange thing is: It is not exactly reproduceable. Few times the folder would just behave as expected and then suddenly freeze up the whole phone. Clock is still working so it is not a system freeze. However, no notification bar can be pulled down anymore and the only icon in the navigation tray is the "back" icon which unfortunately remains non-functional. Only option is to reset the phone. I am using the secure folder to keep some things seperate from the rest of the phone. Would hate to see this option go away on my brandnew N10+... Please: If you find a fix, share!!!
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-14-2019 08:17 AM
    Posted this second post in the thread accidentally. Cannot find a "delete post" option. Could you please do that? Thanx!
    09-14-2019 08:24 AM
    I am facing the same issue. but an alternative solution not to restart the device to do the following:
    - Install Edge Key from SAMSUNG Store.
    - Make a dedicated fingerprint to open SecureFolder with dedicated fingerprint different than the one which you use to unlock your phone.
    So, When the secure folder is stuck you can do the following:
    - From the edge key panel, you will find soft home key, click it and you will be in the home screen. then, go to Secure Folder application icon (app info), and Clear Data from storage option. then it will run.
    - Another method to do so, when secure folder is hanged, then physical lock the device, and unlock the device using the secure folder didecated fingerprint, it will open normally. but, still it will stuck again if you run it after a while and you have to pratice the same as above.

We need Samsung to look on this issue and solve it in the upcoming updates as soon as possible.
    ubiquist and strikeIII like this.
    09-18-2019 02:54 AM
    Thank you for this very useful and perfectly functional workaround. It is not a fix but at least it helps to quickly unlock the device. Thanx a million.

I am facing the same issue. but an alternative solution not to restart the device to do the following:
    - Make a dedicated fingerprint to open SecureFolder with dedicated fingerprint different than the one which you use to unlock your phone.
    - From the edge key panel, you will find soft home key, click it and you will be in the home screen. then, go to Secure Folder application icon (app info), and Clear Data from storage option. then it will run.
    - Another method to do so, when secure folder is hanged, then physical lock the device, and unlock the device using the secure folder didecated fingerprint, it will open normally. but, still it will stuck again if you run it after a while and you have to pratice the same as above.

We need Samsung to look on this issue and solve it in the upcoming updates as soon as possible.
    strikeIII and abood99 like this.
    09-19-2019 04:38 AM

Thanks for this. I have everything all setup so I'll give it a try when it locks up my device again.
    abood99 likes this.
    09-19-2019 12:50 PM
    YES! I'm having the same problem... but mine is not random, I don't believe...
    Here's when it happens.
    1.) after a restart, before I've gone into secure folder for any other reason.
    2.) I get a notification from an app in Secure Folder.
    3.) I pull down the notification shade and click on the notification from secure folder.
    4.) Phone locks up.

It does not seem to happen if I've already been in Secure Folder for another reason. Also, if I *don't click on the notification, and just go to secure folder, the phone will not lock up.

For me, it does seem to be directly tied to accessing secure folder from the notification shade *for the first time* after a restart.
    10-09-2019 08:13 PM
    YES! I'm having the same problem... but mine is not random, I don't believe...
    Here's when it happens.
    1.) after a restart, before I've gone into secure folder for any other reason.
    2.) I get a notification from an app in Secure Folder.
    3.) I pull down the notification shade and click on the notification from secure folder.
    4.) Phone locks up.

It does not seem to happen if I've already been in Secure Folder for another reason. Also, if I *don't click on the notification, and just go to secure folder, the phone will not lock up.

For me, it does seem to be directly tied to accessing secure folder from the notification shade *for the first time* after a restart.
    Time for a small update: I thought that maybe the error was due to the fact that I had used Smart Switch to migrate from Note9 to Note10+. So I uninstalled the secure folder completely and re-installed all its components without using any backup-/smart-switch-data. Result was that at least for 1 day the folder would start flawlessly. In the meantime, I am back to square 1 with the "freeze" problem now reappearing most of the times I am trying to start secure folder.

Only workaround is the "dedicated fingeprint" tip that @abood99 shared. Unfortunately, the error is not limited to the case that @juliesdroidsync describes. However, if clicking on a notification in the notification tray as described, chances are that even the workaround "dedicated fingerprint" does not work anymore. In such case, the only workaround is restart.

So all in all, the problem is more than just a nuisance. I am surprised to see that only very little can be found online on this issue. Let alone how little is done on Samsung's side to address/even fix the problem.

So sad!
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    10-10-2019 12:33 AM
    Yes, I too am surprised that so little info about this is online... Makes me wonder how many people actually use secure folder? (I think it's awesome for many reasons...) But this is extremely annoying... Do you think I should try to contact Samsung directly somehow, or do you think they monitor these forums pretty closely?
    Oh, and I did not use Smart Switch... caused me nothing but problems in the past. I set up my phones as new ones.
    10-11-2019 09:54 AM
    No issues with mine at all.
    10-11-2019 10:49 AM
    Time for a small update: I thought that maybe the error was due to the fact that I had used Smart Switch to migrate from Note9 to Note10+. So I uninstalled the secure folder completely and re-installed all its components without using any backup-/smart-switch-data. Result was that at least for 1 day the folder would start flawlessly. In the meantime, I am back to square 1 with the "freeze" problem now reappearing most of the times I am trying to start secure folder.

Only workaround is the "dedicated fingeprint" tip that @abood99 shared. Unfortunately, the error is not limited to the case that @juliesdroidsync describes. However, if clicking on a notification in the notification tray as described, chances are that even the workaround "dedicated fingerprint" does not work anymore. In such case, the only workaround is restart.

So all in all, the problem is more than just a nuisance. I am surprised to see that only very little can be found online on this issue. Let alone how little is done on Samsung's side to address/even fix the problem.

So sad!
    Yeah I tried the uninstall as well with no success. Mine happens very randomly and I can never actually recreate it. But the work around stated above has been working for me.
    10-11-2019 11:22 AM
    Yes, I too am surprised that so little info about this is online[.] Makes me wonder how many people actually use secure folder[.]
    I think quite a few of us use it, but possibly not many are running into the problem (it works fine for me). For those with the problem, does it happen in Safe Mode too? And has anyone resorted to a factory reset to see if that fixes it?
    10-11-2019 11:23 AM
    I use Secure Folder, but what I keep in there I rarely need access to. I haven't run into any issues yet, but have been keeping an eye on it since reading this thread last month.
    10-11-2019 01:45 PM
    I use secure folder regularly and it worked without any issues. I have a separate FPS and login pattern set for it. Spen and secure folder are couple of things that keep me hooked to note series.
    10-11-2019 02:26 PM
    Maybe not helpful, but I use Secure Folder daily with no issues. 10 Plus on Verizon.
    10-11-2019 02:54 PM
    After installing the latest (at least in Germany) OTA update to N975FXXU1ASJ2 I have not run into the problem for 2 days now. :-) I really hope they fixed this. Anyone else can confirm and make my day? Thanx
    strikeIII and juliesdroidsync like this.
    10-11-2019 11:58 PM
    Problem did not occur anymore. I think it got fixed by the update. Yey!
    10-16-2019 05:34 AM
    I found a new way that mine will lock up... If I ask Bixby to open Secure Folder, it will lock up on me, and it was the first time entering secure folder since my last reboot. (I reboot every morning, just because.)

Still, my issue "seems" to only happen when going into Secure Folder for the first time after a reboot, *if* I access it using a notification, and now additionally I've discovered it will lockup if I ask Bixby to open Secure Folder.

(Going in manually has still not, for me, made it lockup.)

I think I'll have a go with Samsung support today... They're just going to tell me to do a factory data reset, but... at least they'll know.
    10-17-2019 10:19 AM