Enabling Call & Text On Other Devices won't turn on with the Note 10+

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the Galaxy Tab S6 & the Note 10+, so I wanted to try this feature out. I tried to turn on the "enabling call and text on other devices" feature but for some reason it's missing on my Note 10+ Verizon ?? 🤔

Does anyone know how I can enable this on my phone so I can link them together?

Attachments

• 5866.jpg
    5866.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 27

illpoetic

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Galaxy Tab S6 & the Note 10+, so I wanted to try this feature out. I tried to turn on the "enabling call and text on other devices" feature but for some reason it's missing on my Note 10+ Verizon ??

Does anyone know how I can enable this on my phone so I can link them together?
So Link to windows is a feature for a Windows computer. Not your tablet. You have to set it up on your computer.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So Link to windows is a feature for a Windows computer. Not your tablet. You have to set it up on your computer.

Wow. Lol

I literally said nothing about link to Windows or anything about a computer... please read what I put. I'm showing that it is missing on my Note 10+ 🤦*♂️ one picture is a screenshot of my Note and the other picture is my Tab

I'm trying to hook up my Note 10 and my tab S6 together for calls and texts

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Looks like Verizon decided you didn't need that feature. It's on my TMobile version.
b7f531227f2a875b6292cdb2f19efe4d.jpg

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Verizon decided you didn't need that feature. It's on my TMobile version.

Thank you for the response, that's exactly what I was thinking and I'm guessing Verizon specifically took it off of their phones... Smfh 🤦*♂️ do you know where I can get the APK or any place that I can download it??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's an apk, I think it's part of the settings apk - which is most likely carrier-specific.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's an apk, I think it's part of the settings apk - which is most likely carrier-specific.

Okay I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure. That is super disappointing because I specifically bought this tablet in order to do that with my new phone

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the tab S5e with the Hope's of having the same feature. needless to say I went with "message for web" feature. only for text messages. for those interested go to Google messages on phone, click 3 dots top right and tap message for web. on the tablet go to the website the phone recommends and scan the QR code that pop's up on the tablet. I clicked remember device and now my messenger is on my tablet. And Saved it to my home my screen.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
AT&T removes this feature as well. As an alternative I use Samsung Flow. Your devices have to be close by but at least you get your notifications while using your tablet.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
AT&T removes this feature as well. As an alternative I use Samsung Flow. Your devices have to be close by but at least you get your notifications while using your tablet.

I used to use Samsung flow... I find messages for web much easier. Discovered it last night. 🙂

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Lol

I literally said nothing about link to Windows or anything about a computer... please read what I put. I'm showing that it is missing on my Note 10+ 🤦*♂️ one picture is a screenshot of my Note and the other picture is my Tab

I'm trying to hook up my Note 10 and my tab S6 together for calls and texts

OMG too funny!

Anyway I've got mine working on verizon. You've got to initiate it in the Verizon Messaging app "Message+) on the Tab S6. There's no set up on your verizon phone other than a text that's basically initiated from your tab s6 for your tab s6 (through Verizon)to scan the QR code sent to your phones text.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So it works or not? I have read you have to be logged into the same samsung account on both devices and enable the Call and Continuity feature.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
OMG too funny!

Anyway I've got mine working on verizon. You've got to initiate it in the Verizon Messaging app "Message+) on the Tab S6. There's no set up on your verizon phone other than a text that's basically initiated from your tab s6 for your tab s6 (through Verizon)to scan the QR code sent to your phones text.

More info Please.
Samsung is saying Verizon Blocks it which is crap.
Was going to buy a Note 10+ tomorrow, since the Note 8 doesn't support it, thinking theCapture2.JPG flagship phones and tablets would be good.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

I've got it on my unlocked that I use on Verizon.
This is just another reason why I went unlocked this time. So tired of Verizon deciding what we should and should not have. Love Verizon network, but so sick of them being my cell phone government🤬.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
OMG too funny!

The good thing about Verizon messages is that it works with any Samsung tablet or iPad. Have been using it for years without an issue. You can also move back between phone and tablet without an issue...

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I've got it on my unlocked that I use on Verizon.
This is just another reason why I went unlocked this time. So tired of Verizon deciding what we should and should not have. Love Verizon network, but so sick of them being my cell phone government.
Yea it's on mine to unlocked on Verizon. Also loving that I have free unlimited hotspot(On OG unlimited plan). Think I will stick to buying unlocked phones from now on. Much better experience.