I just got my Note 10+ and although I can see my Vizio TV in the list when I open up smart view on my phone.
    This is a new Vizio TV with built-in chrome cast.
    When I I try to connect it times out and fails. Every other Android device in the house can connect just my phone won't.
    Why?
    What am I missing?
    09-07-2019 11:10 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-07-2019 11:11 PM
    09-07-2019 11:15 PM
    OK - I created an account. I could access my old one so this is now my NEW ONE. any way i can switch the question to me? Ill try the suggestion
    09-08-2019 08:33 AM
    OK - I created an account. I could access my old one so this is now my NEW ONE. any way i can switch the question to me? Ill try the suggestion
    Hi, welcome !
    I will also try get your post in the correct forum
    09-08-2019 08:35 AM
    Thank you. been a LONG time since i used AC. Ok i checked out the link, but No Go. My TV is a Vizio not a SAMSUNG so the Samsung Smart View is no good. Im using or trying to use the built in Android Smart View in the NOTE 10+. BTW it Does connect to my Roku Stick in the other room. Just not the darn Vizio
    09-08-2019 08:37 AM
    Thank you. been a LONG time since i used AC. Ok i checked out the link, but No Go. My TV is a Vizio not a SAMSUNG so the Samsung Smart View is no good. Im using or trying to use the built in Android Smart View in the NOTE 10+. BTW it Does connect to my Roku Stick in the other room. Just not the darn Vizio
    Ok gotcha , so contacted a mod to move in Note 10 forums to see if another member can help on this. Your welcome and welcome back .
    09-08-2019 08:40 AM
    I just got my Note 10+ and although I can see my Vizio TV in the list when I open up smart view on my phone.
    This is a new Vizio TV with built-in chrome cast.
    When I I try to connect it times out and fails. Every other Android device in the house can connect just my phone won't.
    Why?
    What am I missing?
    Did you get a notification on the TV asking you to allow or deny the connection? When I connected my new Note 10+ to my Samsung TV, my TV asked if I wanted to allow the connection. When I approved it on my TV it connected fine.

Granted I have a Samsung TV, but I THINK all WiFi enabled smart TVs asks for approval before allowing a connection. If not, then my neighbor could accidentally connect to my TV and broadcast his screen without my approval...which could be embarrassing depending on what he has on his phone.
    09-10-2019 07:33 PM

I can't check right now, but I have a Vizio tv I can check with in the morning. The little one is already asleep. Don't wanna wake her...I say little one, she's actually my temperamental tween niece. LOL
    09-10-2019 09:54 PM
    @Chrisl365 I'm trying to find a solution for you, but it's a real head scratcher. I distinctly remember connecting my old S8+ to this same Vizio when it was in my bedroom without issue. Still working on it though.
    09-11-2019 09:09 AM