When I send are recieved videos they come out very poor. I have tried all different messaging apps. I can send 10 pictures at a time but any length of video is poor.
    09-09-2019 11:35 AM
    MMS size limits vary by carrier, unfortunately. For videos, until all carriers adopt RCS, you're better off uploading to a cloud service and sending out the link (YouTube, Docs, Samsung's Link Sharing, etc.).
    Nostromo79, mustang7757 and Rukbat like this.
    09-09-2019 11:48 AM
    I agree with spook, to OP if you have the unlocked version you can flash to carrier one so you can get RCS message

Edit: just seen your title your on the carrier version ? Then you should be ok ?
    09-09-2019 12:13 PM
    I'm on at&t as well and have issues receiving and sending live messages, photos and videos when I'm connected to wifi. My girlfriend and I have tested this out multiple times. The live messages would get grainy if we sent them while connected to wifi, on the receiving end if we were connected to wifi it wouldn't auto down load, even though we are set to auto download with no limits. I haven't yet tried to share any true video recordings. I'm assuming its something software related to the wifi not disconnecting to send MMS. I know at&t allows text and calls over wifi, so I'm assuming its something within that programming.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-09-2019 12:27 PM
    I'm on at&t as well and have issues receiving and sending live messages, photos and videos when I'm connected to wifi. My girlfriend and I have tested this out multiple times. The live messages would get grainy if we sent them while connected to wifi, on the receiving end if we were connected to wifi it wouldn't auto down load, even though we are set to auto download with no limits. I haven't yet tried to share any true video recordings. I'm assuming its something software related to the wifi not disconnecting to send MMS. I know at&t allows text and calls over wifi, so I'm assuming its something within that programming.
    I remember your post about that , got love Att lol
    mach1man likes this.
    09-09-2019 12:39 PM

this. I remember it too
    mustang7757 and mach1man like this.
    09-09-2019 12:40 PM
    AT&T has the lowest size limit for MMS if I am remembering right. Unfortunately who knows how long it's gonna take for RCS to roll out in the US. I'm sure Google is gonna have to tiptoe around the carriers. Even then, you'll have to get the person on the receiving end to also use Google's Messages app for it to work. I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole thing.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-09-2019 01:53 PM
    I know right. hopefully its fixed on the next update
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-09-2019 01:56 PM
    When I send are recieved videos they come out very poor. I have tried all different messaging apps. I can send 10 pictures at a time but any length of video is poor.
    I would get on the samsung members app and start a post about the issue, I have done the same. Samsung needs to know that there is an issue with the at&t phones, hopefully samsung and at&t can get together and figure it out
    09-09-2019 01:58 PM
    I know right. hopefully its fixed on the next update
    Yeah let's see with next update
    09-09-2019 02:12 PM
    I would get on the samsung members app and start a post about the issue, I have done the same. Samsung needs to know that there is an issue with the at&t phones, hopefully samsung and at&t can get together and figure it out
    Unfortunately that's part of the bits that carriers modify from the original OS and apps... so Samsung doesn't have a lot to do here (since the unlocked and other carrier versions work). It's mostly ATT. You can try a 3rd party texting app to see if that helps, but if it's a server-side issue/limit, not a lot you can do unless ATT modifies that.
    09-09-2019 03:24 PM
    I have talked to Samsung and AT&T. Both of them been in my phone remotely Samsung twice. Could not find anything why it was sending pixilated videos. Some were only 3 to 5 seconds. AT&T is sending new one to me should have it tomorrow. I will let you guys know how the new one does. Thanks for all your responses.
    mach1man likes this.
    09-09-2019 03:31 PM
    I have talked to Samsung and AT&T. Both of them been in my phone remotely Samsung twice. Could not find anything why it was sending pixilated videos. Some were only 3 to 5 seconds. AT&T is sending new one to me should have it tomorrow. I will let you guys know how the new one does. Thanks for all your responses.
    please let us know how the new one works out for you
    09-09-2019 03:48 PM
    Will do.
    09-09-2019 05:38 PM
    Att advanced messaging is like 100mb or something but it has to be to another att phone. Everything thing else gets compressed and ends up crappy unless you use the samsung link thing. Att advanced messaging sucks. Lol. I was having issues with pics not downloading etc and I called Att 2 weeks ago and they said that the Note 10s advanced messaging wasnt working well and they were working on it. They advised to turn off advanced messaging which I did and messages downloaded fine.
    09-09-2019 05:51 PM
    Use link sharing. It sends full quality video.
    09-09-2019 06:14 PM
    It's always been this way for me with At&t and Samsung phones (my only android phones). As has been alluded to above, my understanding is it's down to the limitations of MMS.

I now use WhatsApp for videos.
    09-09-2019 08:34 PM
    your best bet for sending video files and mms containing them, would be to use a dedicated chat messenger, hangouts (barely used by some, i still do), whatsapp, facebook messenger (if you're into that), etc... these apps are generally designed for better handling of the video files.

Should you be a converting apple user, you notice this because apples messenger system was designed since iOS 4.0 to allow the messaging protocol to handle these files in their native .mov file, allowing for a seamless experience.
    09-09-2019 08:52 PM
    Att advanced messaging is like 100mb or something but it has to be to another att phone. Everything thing else gets compressed and ends up crappy unless you use the samsung link thing. Att advanced messaging sucks. Lol. I was having issues with pics not downloading etc and I called Att 2 weeks ago and they said that the Note 10s advanced messaging wasnt working well and they were working on it. They advised to turn off advanced messaging which I did and messages downloaded fine.
    Can you help explain where in settings I can do this
    09-09-2019 10:34 PM
    Can you help explain where in settings I can do this
    If you're in the main area of the stock messenger app, the top right corner with three dots takes you to settings. (Don't already be in a conversation, back out to the main area.) Then you'll find advanced messaging at the top, with the ability to toggle on/off and share read status.
    mach1man likes this.
    09-11-2019 01:01 PM
    If you're in the main area of the stock messenger app, the top right corner with three dots takes you to settings. (Don't already be in a conversation, back out to the main area.) Then you'll find advanced messaging at the top, with the ability to toggle on/off and share read status.
    I'll mess around with that later tonight. Thank you
    09-11-2019 03:37 PM
    Did the new phone fix your pixelated video issue?
    09-20-2019 06:55 PM
    When I send videos I create a link first then send it using any app email or messaging.
    09-20-2019 07:04 PM