Switched back to Nova

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I gave one UI a chance and it was ok. I couldn't take not having some of the features that Nova provided so I went back. The hidden folder option was the main one. I'm curious what launchers are you else using.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I had been using Nova Prime for years but since the S10+, I've stayed with OneUI. I like it. Two things I don't like about Nova is that the google bar is fat, I prefer the slim look and also Nova's folders only show 4 apps vs 9 on OneUI.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Not to stray too far from the initial conversation.
But, can those things not be changed in Nova Prime settings?

No. If you place the search bar in the dock area, you can change the width left to right but not how narrow or thick it is.

Folders, you can change how the icons are shown, grid, stack, fan or line, but only 4 will show regardless of style selected.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No. If you place the search bar in the dock area, you can change the width left to right but not how narrow or thick it is.

Folders, you can change how the icons are shown, grid, stack, fan or line, but only 4 will show regardless of style selected.

I always thought it was weird that you can't change the height of it as well. I end up just shrinking the width until it's the size of an app icon. At least it's a little less conspicuous that way.

That being said, I haven't switched to Nova yet. Still using One UI

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
One thing I don't like about nova, which isnt their fault, is my favorite cards for samsung pay aren't docked at the bottom like One UI. I know its a security thing with samsung, just sucks bc I like the easy of sliding up to pay

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
One thing I don't like about nova, which isnt their fault, is my favorite cards for samsung pay aren't docked at the bottom like One UI. I know its a security thing with samsung, just sucks bc I like the easy of sliding up to pay

I'm using Nova and Samsung pay cards are docked on the bottom.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried to give One UI a shot when I got the N10+, but ended up installing Nova by the end of the first day. I can't do without a hidden dock and continuous scrolling through screens, etc.

Now that it's all set up the way I want it, I may switch to the stock launcher occasionally and play around with it.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Nova and Samsung pay cards are docked on the bottom.

I may have to look into it, but last time I used Nova with my S10+ every time I would go into device care and use the quick cleaner, or close all my apps, it would stop it from working

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried to give One UI a shot when I got the N10+, but ended up installing Nova by the end of the first day. I can't do without a hidden dock and continuous scrolling through screens, etc.

Now that it's all set up the way I want it, I may switch to the stock launcher occasionally and play around with it.

Not to mention the gestures to launch apps.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I gave 1UI a solid 10 minutes before I went back to Nova.

I can't stop using Nova, Textra, and Gboard. The three just work for me. And now that I've gotten into KWGT....

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been using One UI for a while and like it very much; but I went back to Nova just so I could change my icons (lol). Yes, you can change icons on One UI but not all apps get themed and I personally hate that look.

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I had been using Nova Prime for years but since the S10+, I've stayed with OneUI. I like it. Two things I don't like about Nova is that the google bar is fat, I prefer the slim look and also Nova's folders only show 4 apps vs 9 on OneUI.
That's not true if you set it up right
8e50a58fca741a1124ceb3b667cebb17.jpg

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Did you mean that nova only allows up to 4 apps in any folder? This is one of my folders.....with 9 apps, so far.
Screenshot_20190911-072130_Nova%20Launcher.jpeg