Perspective - New iPhone pricing

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's nice of you , thanks
So you ordered the new one yet:))

Hahahaha!!! No, I'm still trying to figure out if I can make this Watch Active work for what I need it to before I pull the trigger (which I'm pretty sure it won't). Then the indecision of which model to get. I want that white Ceramic so bad.

But don't worry, I'll hold this one for ya.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hahahaha!!! No, I'm still trying to figure out if I can make this Watch Active work for what I need it to before I pull the trigger (which I'm pretty sure it won't). Then the indecision of which model to get. I want that white Ceramic so bad.

But don't worry, I'll hold this one for ya.
Thank you :)

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure how Trump's tariffs affect UK prices. But oh well...
They can make the extra money anywhere they want to pay for this doesn't have to go onto US devices. The UK hike is probably Brexit related though and building in further drops for the £££

If Apple plans to go big on services then IMO their devices have to be more affordable.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They can make the extra money anywhere they want to pay for this doesn't have to go onto US devices. The UK hike is probably Brexit related though and building in further drops for the £££

If Apple plans to go big on services then IMO their devices have to be more affordable.
True ..

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site

$1300 for 3/4 year old technology. Apple will get their cult to buy anything.

Because samsung has perfected face id 3 to 4 years ago, right. Haha. Jokes on you with your comment.

Wait! Samsung has nothing nor any other android at this moment that us currently shipping.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to hear all the iPhoney fans bragging they have the "Professional" model to their other iPhoney friends.

I must not be a professional...sad face.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
If that camera bump means better photos and we get pixel beating pics then it could forgiven.

The pixel has never been a looker don't forget!

I'm tempted but only because I'm on the upgrade programme.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It's swings and roundabouts Apple hardware is expensive but does hold its resale value, the likes of Samsung start off expensive and drop like a stone! I just picked up a 512gb Note 10 plus on eBay brand new for £775 compared to Samsung wanting £1199! I guarantee I wouldn't be able to get a iPhone Max Pro with that kind of discount 2/3 weeks after it launches.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got an email about pre-ordering the new iPong and in Ireland the 512gb Pro Max is 1679 Euro LOL
380 more than the i I can get the Note 10 5G 512gb for.
(ok I can't get it in Ireland yet) but that is just an insane difference even if I do compare to placing the order with Samsung UK

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I think you mean "iPhone and Samsung" . Droid is a trademark of George Lucas Enterprises that Motorola paid to use for their line of phones.

Or you mean "expensive phones". I read you can still get an iPhone for less then $500. You can get a cheap Samsung for less then $200. You could get any android for less then $500 or even less then $100 for an old one, maybe even refurbished.

Anyway, the first article I saw, said $699 USD. I was like "What?!?" Then I read an article that it was the lowest price iPhone 11 you could get. They said the highest would be $1,099, but I didn't fully read the article to see the size or anything else really.

Not saying price isn't a concern. I'm waiting for tmobile to lower the Note 10+ price like they did the 9. Then I'll grab a 10+. Usually takes a month after launch.

I usually wait 2 months to see if any quirks or defects have been complained about. 'Usually give myself the yearly Note as a birthday present.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Because samsung has perfected face id 3 to 4 years ago, right. Haha. Jokes on you with your comment.

Wait! Samsung has nothing nor any other android at this moment that us currently shipping.

To be fair Intelligent Scan was pretty good and fingerprint/iris scanning that Samsung offered was as secure and (for iris scan nearly) as convenient as FaceID.

Apple also missed the bus when it came to wireless charging, FHD/QHD OLED displays, camera night modes, triple cameras, in-box fast chargers etc

Suddenly catching up 3 years later and proclaiming that these ‘new’ features are revolutionary to the mobile world sounds like lying to me.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
To be fair Intelligent Scan was pretty good and fingerprint/iris scanning that Samsung offered was as secure and (for iris scan nearly) as convenient as FaceID.

Apple also missed the bus when it came to wireless charging, FHD/QHD OLED displays, camera night modes, triple cameras, in-box fast chargers etc

Suddenly catching up 3 years later and proclaiming that these ‘new’ features are revolutionary to the mobile world sounds like lying to me.

Iris scan never worked for me in my note9. I am glad that is gone from my note10+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22